Most Dominant Faction After CC Update (Poll)

+

Who Will Be Dominant After CC?

• Nilfgaard

• Northern Realms

• Scoia'Tael

• Monsters

• Skellige

Results are only viewable after voting.
We're only two days away from the massive Crimson Curse update and I have begun to wonder what faction will come on top. After going over the revealed cards so far (there's still a few left + leaders) I think we might just see Northern Realms beat both Monsters and Skellige in terms of power. I think NR has been the underdog this whole time and the faction was waiting for new cards to really boost their power. I'm sure you've all seen their new cards, they don't look OP or anything but they're just so great.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Nilfgaard will not be as good this time around. I really didn't like most of their cards, they just seem too conditional. Especially those Assimilate cards. They might just take ST's spot as the worst faction, which is a shame.

As for Monsters, Skellige and ST, I really think these three factions will be more of on the same level. MO and SK were obviously already pretty damn strong before the update so there isn't much to discuss here. ST though, I personally think their new cards are pretty neat. I know some of you weren't impressed but I think they'll be much better now, with these new cards that are coming.

So it'll be:
1. NR
2. ? (Probably SK)
3. ?
4. ?
5. NG

Anyway, this is just speculation and my personal opinion. I would like to see what y'all think about this as well. Btw, the meta will be crazy the first couple of days for sure but I mean that NR will dominate after the dust settles.

rrc

Forum veteran
NR, hands down. I wouldn't be surprised if NR gets a little too powerful that they get a bit nerfed in April update.

Of course, SK and MO would be having many Tier 1 decks and still be dominant as always.

ST, though many of the cards introduced were bad, ST got some good cards too (and I still think a pretty solid leader despite pros and everyone claiming it to be weak) especially the Trent Boar, which was revealed last.

NG has got the worst deal I agree. It's pretty sad that it doesn't have any synergy with any leaders and Leaders are only used only for their provisions or neutral cards.

I don't know if Harmony can make ST stronger than NG.E Evenif not ST will be the weakest, it may share that space with NG post Crimson Curse, terribly missing NR.

ST, though many of the cards introduced were bad, ST got some good cards too (and I still think a pretty solid leader despite pros and everyone claiming it to be weak) especially the Trent Boar, which was revealed last.

NG has got the worst deal I agree. It's pretty sad that it doesn't have any synergy with any leaders and Leaders are only used only for their provisions or neutral cards.

Oh yeah, I think ST's new leader is amazing. It's not like you're summoning a unit, you're literally playing it from your deck which is crazy. People just aren't realizing how strong this really is. The combos you could pull off...

They also nerfed Emhyr so hard, I haven't seen anyone use him in ages. It reaaaally sucks. That new card that refreshes the leader ability is cool and all but I feel like none of the current leaders will get much use out of it anyway... Rip NG I guess.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
It is too early to say anything without knowing all of the new leaders. My guess is new NG leader is gonna make some copies of a card in opponent's deck to support assimilate (or something similar) which might make them good.

Just saying, I didn't even see the spoilers yet since I'm new and don't even know all the basic cards yet. NG is my favourite faction and I plan to make them viable one way or another :D

Just saying, I didn't even see the spoilers yet since I'm new and don't even know all the basic cards yet. NG is my favourite faction and I plan to make them viable one way or another :D

They're my favorite faction too actually, they always will be. It's just that they seem real underwhelming to me at the moment. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Guest 4344268

I personally think NR and ST are both currently underrated. I ranked up pretty efficiently with a lot of help from Henselt and then made pro rank with Brouver. Brouver traps can be insane in a long r3, and Skaggs can also be a huge finisher (sometimes like a 20 point swing). Also, there are some Eithne control decks that totally shut down Gernie thrive and just destroy Meve engines. Anyway, I don't think these factions are as weak as some have argued (though their strengths may not be as obvious).

NG got a several huge value cards. Repeat leader ability alone is insanely strong. How about boost unit to strength equal to provision cost. Imagine playing this card 3 times. NG's problem is that unlike the other factions, they still lack identity. Assimilate is an interesting side catagory, but hardly seems like something to build a deck around.

NR and SK got the best value because their new tags work well with their existing decks. Shield will hamper removal of engines and purify will defeat locks. SK already has self damage archetype which is now on steroids. Also SK got a huge amount of high power options at a low provision cost.

MO is the wild card. Bloodmoon has a lot of potential, but we need to see the new leaders ability to know how well they can tap into it. As for bleeding, it is a bad archetype by itself, but with deathblow, it might be very effective. Not quite sure how all this will shake out.

ST got the short end of the stick. Not enough individual value cards, not enough existing card support, and not enough poison. Harmony is a bad joke, a weaker version of thrive that can brick and disrupts single race synergy. I see ST being the weakest faction as a result of this update.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the game after this update.

Personally as a newbie I think neither Monsters or Skellige needs a boost compared/relative to the other factions.

Personally as a newbie I think neither Monsters or Skellige needs a boost compared/relative to the other factions.

Yeah I feel the same way, but it'd be unfair for those factions to not get cards as well haha. Either way, Nilfgaard got the worst cards anyways. :sad:

NG got a several huge value cards. Repeat leader ability alone is insanely strong.

It is an ORDER. How is that strong? Do you know how often Stefan Skellen alone is blocked or [Nope.}?

And NG dont has cards like VES or Foltest to give it Zeal. Or has cards like Eredin, Paulie Dahlberg besides Avallach to get immunity.

The only NG cards i see atmo with some value are: Duchess Informant for my Jan spydeck. Menagerie Keeper for Ardal decks. Vivienne de Tabris for all decks. Maybe Tourney Shaelmar.
Miltons ability on the page is something different then they showed in the video.. so i dunno. But Milton and Palmerin are Gold. So what to use? Auckes, Serrit and Letho or Milton and Palmerin? Both groups will be hard to get in most decks... NG is not NR and their goldrush ability.

From the first looks: Im disappointed with the cards NG gets. I had high hopes for more spies or more soldier themes. But what is assimiliate? There arent many cards to generate non faction cards.
Ok.. there are, but not all are helpful or can trigger often like Slave Hunter, Imperial Diplomacy.

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an ORDER. How is that strong? Do you know how often Stefan Skellen alone is blocked or [Nope.]?

And NG dont has cards like VES or Foltest to give it Zeal. Or has cards like Eredin, Paulie Dahlberg besides Avallach to get immunity.

The only NG cards i see atmo with some value are: Duchess Informant for my Jan spydeck. Menagerie Keeper for Ardal decks. Vivienne de Tabris for all decks. Maybe Tourney Shaelmar.
Miltons ability on the page is something different then they showed in the video.. so i dunno. But Milton and Palmerin are Gold. So what to use? Auckes, Serrit and Letho or Milton and Palmerin? Both groups will be hard to get in most decks... NG is not NR and their goldrush ability.

From the first looks: Im disappointed with the cards NG gets. I had high hopes for more spies or more soldier themes. But what is assimiliate? There arent many cards to generate non faction cards.
Ok.. there are, but not all are helpful or can trigger often like Slave Hunter, Imperial Diplomacy.

You can get zeal from a potion, or you can save it for later in the round after most removal is done. As I said, the lack of identity is an issue, but the usefulness of individual cards from the expansion creates opportunity. You could even give it shield with a lady of the lake or the other neutral shield cards, with Emhyr you are looking at playing 3 cards in one turn.

Quote edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get zeal from a potion

You are right. Petris. But Petris for one card only... we will see.

You could even give it shield with a lady of the lake
Lady is also order.

with Emhyr you are looking at playing 3 cards in one turn.
Thats only theoriecraft. That said i could use Emhyr, Syanna, Damien and one of these following: Vilgefortz or Viper Witcher or Canteralla, or Traehaern 4 times in one round. Sounds nice... but i doubt there will be much occassions to do this combo.
Theoriecrafting is nice, no doubt about it. But reality often destroys the dreams :(

We will see if the new cards really creates some opportunity. Just looking to SC, NR and SK... i highly doubt that.

I still wait for the identity or core mechanics NG lacks and Pawel and his team is aware of.

Wir schauen uns momentan Nilfgaard insgesamt sehr genau an, ihr könnt also einige Änderungen bei der Fraktion erwarten. Ich kann noch nicht in die Details gehen, aber wir sind uns bewusst, dass der Fraktion noch einige Kernelemente fehlen, um sie zu einer coolen Control-Fraktion zu machen.
from https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-08-10-02-geschlossen.10998121/#post-11380168

So no cool Control faction for NG with this addon.

You are right. Petris. But Petris for one card only... we will see.

Lady is also order.

Thats only theoriecraft. That said i could use Emhyr, Syanna, Damien and one of these following: Vilgefortz or Viper Witcher or Canteralla, or Traehaern 4 times in one round. Sounds nice... but i doubt there will be much occassions to do this combo.
Theoriecrafting is nice, no doubt about it. But reality often destroys the dreams :(

We will see if the new cards really creates some opportunity. Just looking to SC, NR and SK... i highly doubt that.

I still wait for the identity or core mechanics NG lacks and Pawel and his team is aware of.

from https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-08-10-02-geschlossen.10998121/#post-11380168

So no cool Control faction for NG with this addon.

Play the lady (easy example.) If not locked (unlikely since most decks only play 1 lock and aren't about to use it on a shield,) the next turn you play who you want to have shield. Then give the command before ending turn, and poof, any card you want has shield.

ok skellige it is! crach and maybe bran so nothing new here :D lets see if they do something with coral... and whats the change to witchers, without witchers sk discarding becomes even more valuable, and imo it was already underpriced, i think all of them should be 1p more
Post automatically merged:

Play the lady (easy example.) If not locked (unlikely since most decks only play 1 lock and aren't about to use it on a shield,) the next turn you play who you want to have shield. Then give the command before ending turn, and poof, any card you want has shield.
according to this site https://www.playgwent.com/en/updates/crimson-curse/card-reveals Moon Dust purifies and does 4 damage, if that's correct most decks will probably run two of those, that's why im not too sold on NR yet, unless this site shows cards incorrectly. I also thought it costs 4 and that's not right, it's 5, so there is hope :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom