move speed modding

+
move speed modding

I was wondering if anyone has had success changing geralts run speed. I've edited both the moverates.2da and creaturespeed.2da but it only seems to make him run really weird not faster.

scwanobi said:
I was wondering if anyone has had success changing geralts run speed. I've edited both the moverates.2da and creaturespeed.2da but it only seems to make him run really weird not faster.
I would imagine this is a walkmesh issue.The walkmeshes (from what I have come to understand) are the .MBA files found in the _meshes00 folder. They have the prefix id_ such as id_d.mba.You can alter what walkmesh Gerralt calls for, however he doesn't have a model header file like most (A .mdb file with the prefix cr_) instead what animations he uses are determined in the compositemodel.2da file found in the _2da00 folder.My guess is that even if you changed what walkmesh is called for, he has the fastest animations allready. Unless there is a walkmesh used for, say a cutscene in which he moves faster then normal...just my thoughts though

What about the animation for when he has his silver sword drawn in fast mode. Would there be a way to set that as his default run animation thus making him run faster.

Moving this fast might be a curse....http://rapidshare.com/files/87104983/Uber_Fast_Gerralt.zip.html

Looks like the mod works. Guess I didn't think to change the default speed as well. That must have been my problem. But I don't see any changes to the compositemodel file that he has in the folder.

Changing the runspeed was one the first things I altered myself in game.Note that sometimes, and I have no f****** idea why, Geralt slow down ... after entering a new area, or an house, or exiting an house. In this case, the only way to get back to the speed you've set is to exit game and restart (from the save)

scwanobi said:
I don't see any changes to the compositemodel file that he has in the folder.
You are right I didn't make any changes to that file. I didn't notice any changes in Gerralts gate when I modified it so I am wondering what other files one would have to modify, to alter his walkmesh.

I am not interested in making hjim run faster, I would love to have him to WALK! First and only RPG where you have only the ability to run and not walk! I hate having to do those 'little runs' when following walking NPC's!

dito, what about a walk/run toggle button? is that posible, i mean he can walk and run, but control it would be better

If its possible to edit keybindings there may be some hope to making a walk/run toggle. I don't know much about scripting but it may be possible to make one that would overide the default walkmesh for geralt with the one for walking.

Key Bindings are also written in Registry (normal ..) I've found some "Backward and Backward, as well as ChatMode and ChatMode2 (yes, engine seems to be able to do online part too ...never played NWN/NWB 2 so don't know), but there is no walk / run toggle or just walk key binded so far.

scwanobi said:
If its possible to edit keybindings there may be some hope to making a walk/run toggle. I don't know much about scripting but it may be possible to make one that would overide the default walkmesh for geralt with the one for walking.
Maybe I'll see if I can remember which file it was. I believe I came across a file that had what apepared to be the default codes. It might be possible hack it up and add stuff but I would assume it would only work (or partially work) until customizing keys from in game if the game then stores them elsewhere (registry or otherwise) and thereafter only uses that, don't know.EDIT: Went and rummaged my extract folder before posting. Try looking at the actions.2da file. From reading it I would assume as long as the game recognizes the Name ID being referenced it would perform that action when the keycode is detected.

I`d be chuffed to have the walk Option too. Some places just need that walk feel, like when in a house. Also, I suspect that it`s possible to do cos he sometimes automatcally slows down and walks when going to a cutscene. Also if you side-step him while he`s moving he will walk, but your view is at the wrong angle.Never had an RPG that forces your character to run everywhere.

Once you have extracted the 2DA files (using bifrip005 on the main.key) open moverates.2da (in the 2da folder) and change the chr_geralt values.DO NOT change the default values as this will make some NPCs move way too fast.Geralt's run speed works well at around 4.2.5-8 is super fast and just looks silly and makes it hard to move around in small spaces.Remember to up the walkdrn (drunk speed) so that you don't have to spend 5 minutes stumbling from side to side as you try and find a fireplace.Hope this has helped.Btw, these are my values:1 chr_geralt 2.7 2.52 4.22 3.55 2.2 4.2 2.52

Felldude said:
I would imagine this is a walkmesh issue.The walkmeshes (from what I have come to understand) are the .MBA files found in the _meshes00 folder. They have the prefix id_ such as id_d.mba.You can alter what walkmesh Gerralt calls for, however he doesn't have a model header file like most (A .mdb file with the prefix cr_) instead what animations he uses are determined in the compositemodel.2da file found in the _2da00 folder.My guess is that even if you changed what walkmesh is called for, he has the fastest animations allready. Unless there is a walkmesh used for, say a cutscene in which he moves faster then normal...just my thoughts though
Just to clarify a few things.Walkmesh -- Used for determining where a player can and cannot walk. Each area has a walkmesh.MBA files -- Binary file containing animation data for composite models.I know this provides no help regarding the topic, but its just an attempt to make sure the terminology isn't misinterpreted.

When you set his run speed higher, his model animations for running are faster as well.Just do what I say in my last post and you will have no problems.

TL said:
When you set his run speed higher, his model animations for running are faster as well.Just do what I say in my last post and you will have no problems.
no chance you'll post it, or is it too big?

Once you have extracted the 2DA files (using bifrip005 on the main.key) open moverates.2da (in the 2da folder) and change the chr_geralt values.DO NOT change the default values as this will make some NPCs move way too fast.Geralt's run speed works well at around 4.2.Btw, these are my values:1 chr_geralt 2.7 2.52 4.22 3.55 2.2 4.2 2.52 5-8 for run speed is super fast and just looks silly and makes it hard to move around in small spaces.Remember to up the walkdrn (drunk speed) so that you don't have to spend 5 minutes stumbling from side to side as you try and find a fireplace.Save moverates.2da to your OVERRIDE directory (if you don't have one just make it in the DATA directory).Now delete the original moverates.2da (in the 2da folder) so there are no conflicts.Hope this has helped.

Has anyone gotten this to work in 1.4.5.1280 WITHOUT modifying default? Nothing I do in chr_geralt in moverates.2da actually changes anything. However, it's the right file in the right place, since default does work, except for the obvious side effect of making the npcs all move way too quickly. The files in Difficulty Increase Mod do not increase his run speed as intended either, despite adding a few new lines to moverates.2da that also do not seem to change anything. Only default seems to do anything. Modifying creaturespeed.2da seems to do anything etiher. Anyone? These "run back and forth across the map a whole lot" quests are really tiring. :(

Top Bottom