New Game+ is coming it seems

+
Wrong thread? I would love an uppgradeable original armour in NG+. 2in1 DLC is a BIG ask, but just wanted to type it down. It looks so fu badass:threaten:

Wrong thread? I would love an uppgradeable original armour in NG+. 2in1 DLC is a BIG ask, but just wanted to type it down. It looks so fu badass:threaten:

Agreed! I love the way the Kaer Morhen armor looks. It would be great if CDPR made another set of witcher gear that looks more online with it. I'm not a fan of the Wolf School look. Also, I hope they create even more awesome versions of the existing witcher sets.

What? When was this said?

---------- Updated at 06:58 PM ----------

Nevermind, did some searching and found it

Damn, I didn't think it was gonna be that much longer of a wait... I thought it was going to be released this week. July 27th I remember seeing the thing on their facebook that said it wont happen this week, and that was a Monday. At least I picked up Forza 5 for like 25$ to hold me over. I'm waiting patiently to restart the game with all of my awesome gear and trinkets I've gathered from my first play through.

Agreed! I love the way the Kaer Morhen armor looks. It would be great if CDPR made another set of witcher gear that looks more online with it. I'm not a fan of the Wolf School look. Also, I hope they create even more awesome versions of the existing witcher sets.

Yeah everybody keeps saying how ugly the griffin one looks, but honestly, I played most of my game with it, and I liked it. Finally actually an armor that doesn't look like it'll be sliced through with one sword attack...

But anyway, yeah, they need to make te starting armor NG+-style. Because that one is definately the best looking one of all.

Yeah everybody keeps saying how ugly the griffin one looks, but honestly, I played most of my game with it, and I liked it. Finally actually an armor that doesn't look like it'll be sliced through with one sword attack...

But anyway, yeah, they need to make te starting armor NG+-style. Because that one is definately the best looking one of all.

Actually i liked Griffin armor too, from an RPG perspective is more realistic. The wolf armor is really cool looking, but its' opened on the stomach!! It makes no sense for me.

i have problem with my mastercraft ursine diagram, because a Bug i get only the armor. can i get the new diagram for ursine with new game+ ??

Anyone ever thought about the fact that there's three tiers of alchemical formulae (Basic, enhanced, superior) and four tiers of weapons/armor (basic, enhanced, superior, master)?

And that maybe we'll be able to get master formulae in GN+?

hmmmmmmm?

Nuts I'm probably just dreaming -_-

Insane 2.0 :D

Don't know about that. I mean there are sure people crazy enough for this but IMO the game as Open World game is just too prone to simple glitches or mistakes that within 100 hours of gameplay at least 1 death is POSSIBLE to happen, so idk if Insane is even possible unless you just rush through the main storyline.

To true, for example, in my playthrough I got killed late in the game by a friendly allie NPC that forced me off a twisted staircase during battle. Funny thing was I was trying to save the bastard from the intense beating he was getting. If that had happened after 80 hours I'd of gone fully nutz.

Last edited:
Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

So armor/weapons diagrams will carry hover and alchemy/crafting ingredients right?
Gonna save ekimmara hides for de NG+ just in case.

Don't know about that. I mean there are sure people crazy enough for this but IMO the game as Open World game is just too prone to simple glitches or mistakes that within 100 hours of gameplay at least 1 death is POSSIBLE to happen, so idk if Insane is even possible unless you just rush through the main storyline.

I want Insane because if I can start again in 2.0 I don't care to much about finish the game again: I'll start with a lot of skill, nice gear, a lot of money, ecc. So I look for big emotion...and if I die...I can restart again...but for me will not seems like start from the beginning...because I will have all my stuff...Already oils, potions, ecc and my build.
I don't know if I explain my self.

I want Insane because if I can start again in 2.0 I don't care to much about finish the game again: I'll start with a lot of skill, nice gear, a lot of money, ecc. So I look for big emotion...and if I die...I can restart again...but for me will not seems like start from the beginning...because I will have all my stuff...Already oils, potions, ecc and my build.
I don't know if I explain my self.

The main problem i see is with NG+ is the skill slots all being unlocked by 30 doesn't leave too much reason to level. If they scale it right it wouldn't matter that you have strong gear or potions. once you enter NG+ you would feel like you where low level. The game does need to be a lot harder then it is on death march. If NG+ provides the same challenge as the previous difficulties it wont be much fun. The whole difficulty scaling is way off as it is now.

I guess NG+ could relock some or all of the slots until new required levels are reached or just add more. Even if it was just 1-3 slots with no mutagen link.

Last edited:
The main problem i see is with NG+ is the skill slots all being unlocked by 30 doesn't leave too much reason to level. If they scale it right it wouldn't matter that you have strong gear or potions. once you enter NG+ you would feel like you where low level. The game does need to be a lot harder then it is on death march. If NG+ provides the same challenge as the previous difficulties it wont be much fun. The whole difficulty scaling is way off as it is now.

I guess NG+ could relock some or all of the slots until new required levels are reached or just add more. Even if it was just 1-3 slots with no mutagen link.

Well i think it's fine as it is with 12 slots.
I mean it's impossible to unlock tier 4 abilities from different branches in a single playthrough.
With NG+ you can gain more skill points and you can combine for example tier 4 Combat skills with Tier 4 signs or alchemy abilities.

I would like all the questionmarks carrying over. Redoing the whole mapsweep from the start doesnt sound very exciting but getting two playthroughs to explore all the points of interest on the map does. It works very well in Batman: Arkham knight where all the riddler trophys carry over into new game+

The main appeal for me regarding NG+ is to do a logical immersive serious role-playing run.
Geralts comes properly equipped and developed. No "newbie" witcher, but a character reflecting his journey up until this point.
That means skipping most side-quests and concentrating on the main story.

I really hope the Hearts of stone and Blood and whine can be played logically after the main story.

I would like all the questionmarks carrying over. Redoing the whole mapsweep from the start doesnt sound very exciting but getting two playthroughs to explore all the points of interest on the map does. It works very well in Batman: Arkham knight where all the riddler trophys carry over into new game+

Oh no.. I absolutely disagree. We need to be able to do the FULL experience over again, all question marks included. And everything needs to be painstakingly difficult. In my opinion.

Oh no.. I absolutely disagree. We need to be able to do the FULL experience over again, all question marks included. And everything needs to be painstakingly difficult. In my opinion.

I totally agree with you, this is why i am waiting for the NG+ i like to have a very challenging experience, where i have the gear i collected from my old playthrue with all the quests and location available in the game.

I totally agree with you, this is why i am waiting for the NG+ i like to have a very challenging experience, where i have the gear i collected from my old playthrue with all the quests and location available in the game.

Yep.. what sucks currently is that Death March is only difficult until like level 10. Then you can easily be overpowered for the REST of the game. I sincerely hope it's not like this in NG+!

Top Bottom