New Troubleshooting Faq (Read Before Posting your problems)

+
MLGateley said:
Looking over my specs, I couldn't understand what the problem had been... till I saw that Intel Celeron Processor. I checked through the list of supported Processors and... SIGH. Is there any way to work around that? Some patch, update, anything?
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2528.0

Hi,My only issue is that after patch 1.4, the time taken to load a game can take 4-5 minutes. After that it is fine. Again if I die then again it takes an age to load.I have a new system and well above spec for the game??? When I was on 1.3 it was not a problem?

I am in need of some help. I have installed the game and the enhanced edition patch, but when I try to launch the game or the editor, I get the following message: Please insert DVD of "The Witcher Enhanced"!I am not trying to use a crack and I have purchased the game legally from amazon.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the most problems I have ever had getting a game to install.

I have d/l'd the 1.04 patch, and registered my game, but when I go to install the patch, it tells me that I don't have the language pack that corresponds to my game. Where do I find the language packs? I have looked everywhere I can think of.

Maybe someone can help me out here I just recently brought and installed EE and it played with no problems when I lasted played, but now when I fire it up the dailog and all other parts of the game run smooth except the melee ascept. For example, draw my sword to go into combat and i try to click on a enemy Geralt we not respond to the left click command the it would eventually crash the game. I have tried loading other saves to see if that most recent save was corrupt but it looks like it not.

Hello, and every praisworthy to "The Witcher" makers and it's community - I played it at friends comp. and it left me stunned.Now, I have a problem, please answer:My bloody comp. is about 3-4 years old, and my system files are FAT 32, not NTFS (sorry if I wrote something wrong, haven't got a clue 'bout what that means).I'd like to buy this game, but the friend says I won't be able to install it, let alone play it, until I get that NTFS file system, but for that I'd need a new comp, yes?So, is it true, and can I play it on FAT32 or I must buy a new computer first?

Fat32 said:
Hello, and every praisworthy to "The Witcher" makers and it's community - I played it at friends comp. and it left me stunned.Now, I have a problem, please answer:My bloody comp. is about 3-4 years old, and my system files are FAT 32, not NTFS (sorry if I wrote something wrong, haven't got a clue 'bout what that means).I'd like to buy this game, but the friend says I won't be able to install it, let alone play it, until I get that NTFS file system, but for that I'd need a new comp, yes?So, is it true, and can I play it on FAT32 or I must buy a new computer first?
you can

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
you can
Thanks once more. Now I gotta' go buy it, and than I have some uninstalling and deleting to do, to free space for the game.The best RPG ever.

Sorry for writing my first post in such a bad mood, but yeah, what can you do?I write for the Swedish gamesite retry.se and recieved my The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ("exclusive pre-release copy" the banner says) earlier this week. The installing went fine, but when I want to play the game there's a problem. The game asks me for a serial key so I can recieve the "activation code" through e-mail. Problem is, I don't have a serial key, and I've looked ABSOLUTELY everywhere. The only code I could find was the product registration key on the back of the manual, which I used to register the game in my profile on this forum.But I still can't play the fricking game. Where am I supposed to find the serial key? Would appreciate a fast answer.

hiI've got this realy wierd problemwhen i start the game i can see the first screen the opening movie or whatever that is the screen where it said witcher and allbut when it gets to the point where i pick new game, load game and all that the screen goes black and the only thing i see is the mousei tried everythingits a new computermass effect work perffectly on it and all the other big game exect this one (witcher 1.4 that is) please HELP!!!!!!!!

Hurvilo said:
I write for the Swedish gamesite retry.se and recieved my The Witcher: Enhanced Edition ("exclusive pre-release copy" the banner says) earlier this week. The installing went fine, but when I want to play the game there's a problem. The game asks me for a serial key so I can recieve the "activation code" through e-mail. Problem is, I don't have a serial key, and I've looked ABSOLUTELY everywhere.
ask those that sent you this "special" copy of the game
Hurvilo said:
I've got this realy wierd problemwhen i start the game i can see the first screen the opening movie or whatever that is the screen where it said witcher and allbut when it gets to the point where i pick new game, load game and all that the screen goes black and the only thing i see is the mousei tried everythingits a new computermass effect work perffectly on it and all the other big game exect this one (witcher 1.4 that is) please HELP!!!!!!!!
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed

Zellinien said:
hiI've got this realy wierd problemwhen i start the game i can see the first screen the opening movie or whatever that is the screen where it said witcher and allbut when it gets to the point where i pick new game, load game and all that the screen goes black and the only thing i see is the mousei tried everythingits a new computermass effect work perffectly on it and all the other big game exect this one (witcher 1.4 that is) please HELP!!!!!!!!
OPZ Here my INFO

Not the most computer literate, but here is the results of my PC Wizard TestOk, that obviously didn't work.I don't know how to run it as administrator...maybe can spend more time with that tomorrow.I will manually type the results for the Video Benchmark test:Full Screen Texture 118 FPSParticles 3D 18 FPSBillboard 221 FPSThe videocard is Intel G965 Express and has 128 Mb Memory as needed according to minimum requirements

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
OPZ Here my INFO
install/run PCWizard as Administrator
Mainboard : PEGATRON CORPORATION BeniciaChipset : Intel G31/G33/G35Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 2500 MHzPhysical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSHard Disk : Hitachi (500 GB)Hard Disk : Hitachi (500 GB)DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S5DVD-Rom Drive : SDQDIBK YN456R41YF SCSI CdRom DeviceDVD-Rom Drive : SDQDIBK YN456R41YF SCSI CdRom DeviceMonitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 17 inchesNetwork Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NICOperating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1DirectX : Version 10.00Windows Performance Index : 5.6this ok?

Hiya,I recently bought the EE and installed no problems. Played all the way through to chapter 3 with no issues, however, the game has now started to crash after a couple of hours play. The first clue to the impending crash is the loading screens(when going from location to location), these flash for half a second with what looks like the pre-rendered model of that area. The second, and very disconcerting clue, is when geralts hair turns black ie, no texture.The third is when you talk to someone they turn black and the only light coming from them is their eyes.The fourth is during a battle or complex sequence the game will stop. This is generally followed by a crash.Any one of these anomolies can occure without the game crashing, which makes it more frustrating because i can't pinpoint the problem. When it does crash, no 'game crash' error appears onto the screen, I just get the standard windows 'The Witcher EE has experienced a problem and needs to close'.My guess is that it is a problem with the new 4870 drivers but im not sure.Any help regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated. Nothing wrong with my system, brand new with latest drivers and updates:OS: Windows XP pro sp2CPU: Intel xeon quad coreGPU: Radeon 4870X2 blah blah asus4G RAM (though i only use 3G cause of xp :( )Thanks guys!

HI i have a big problem with my patch 1.4 install. since 5 days i try it to install i have no idea try many ways to install. my install stop at the window of changing gamedata for 18 hours without effect :'( here my dxdiagthanks for any idea

MY SYSTEM:CPU: Intel Quad-Core QX6700GPU: BFG GeForce 8800 GTXSOUND: X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty ProfessionalMEMORY: Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2 800 (4-3-3-10 2T 128 )OS: Windows Vista Ultimate (x32)POWER: Thermaltake 850WI was saving a game and it locked. System needed a ghard reboot. When I attempted to restart the game, the screen flashed black a few times, and the crash box popped up with the error data below. I uninstalled completely, deleting my save games, even cleaning the reg, then rebooted and reinstalled fresh. Same problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled again. Same problem. MY ERROR:problem signature:problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: witcher.EXEApplication Version: 1.4.5.1280Application Timestamp: 489d12ceFault Module Name: witcher.EXEFault Module Version: 1.4.5.1280Fault Module Timestamp: 489d12ceException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 0034f3a2OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033Additional Information 1: 7e99Additional Information 2: 60dc1f5a80adcf1489ee5b4fca5a565dAdditional Information 3: db3eAdditional Information 4: 60564f6b5c626e103b8e1e26f5b7166e I have updated my mobo drivers, .NET is current, Windows is fully updated, my graphics drivers are current, turned on/off windows audio, disabled all emulators/anti-virus software, I am stumped.Any help?Scott

Top Bottom