New TW3 maps/areas instead of a TW4 please!

+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revised post:

Which would you rather see and, ultimately, purchase?

Original post:

Some people are debating whether to look forward to a possible future TW4 release (mainly because of the TW3 success). But I actually do not want a TW4. I would rather see many, many large expansions to TW3 instead. You already have the perfect Witcher world in TW3, which also concludes Geralt's story and would possibly make TW4 not include Geralt (which I quite frankly can't imagine).

I'm basically dreaming up a scenario where you would produce additional maps/areas such as White Orchard or Novigrad which could be added to (and require) the base game. Perhaps this would even open up to play some of the stories from the books. New maps with new villages, new question marks, new notice signs, new contracts, new treasure hunts, new NPCs and perhaps even new sorceresses ;) - with the magic storytelling of CDPR sprinkled on top.

Please make it so!

Last edited:

Scryar

Forum veteran
I would prefer new regions for Witcher 3 instead of a Witcher 4.. Witcher 3 has a beautiful open world and decent gameplay + there are still many places we haven't seen yet (Dol Blathana, Zerrikana, Gors Velen, Nilfgaard, Tir Na Lia, Kovir just to name a few)
Currently I don't see what a Witcher 4 could do significantly better. Quite the opposite. Without Geralt it would be worse from the start and not "The Witcher" anymore.
They could probably create a new region every 6 months with a smaller team, while the majority of CDP focusses on Cyberpunk and maybe a completely new (space)-IP afterwards.

That is a nice idea but they are doing Cyberpunk. A little bit looks like fun tell to Valve please make HL2 episode 3 (or whatever is the next thing should be) but Valve makes L4D2 and steam-machine :)

Regardless, I think it would be interesting to see whether the community would want that – or expansions to the existing game.

Well, I found it hard to want something I most likely either will never get, or only in several years. Given what CDPR said about TW4, for me any hope for it appearing in the near future is out of the question. So it is not really a choice.
TW3 is already here, and it is sure much more probable, and unquestionably faster, to have other expansion for it. But I actually doubt even this will ever happen. The planned expansions, and the game support, will take the entirety of 2015-2016, and then CDPR will need to move forward, and not just support a game that will be already two years old, and when a bunch of competitors released other games such as Fallout 4, for example. I would suggest fans of CDPR to concentrate their expectations on CP.

Witcher without Geralt is no Witcher :p

I would like to see more expansions for Witcher 3....The Game is big enough for it..So many locations without something interesing...
They can still add tons of stuff and Quests for it and i think many would gladly purchase it .

+1 for second season pass....

Witcher with Ciri without powers = Improvising = Fast paced action, stealth situations, slow motion diving and shooting crossbows and assassinations

Yup I covered all that in a different thread

The planned expansions, and the game support, will take the entirety of 2015-2016, and then CDPR will need to move forward, and not just support a game that will be already two years old, and when a bunch of competitors released other games such as Fallout 4, for example.

I completely agree with you. But it's also possible that they could manage both maintaining a super popular (and what seems to be profitable) game such as TW3 and also move on (with e.g. Cyberpunk). Actually, they already are. It's even possible that the upcoming season pass/expansion is going to be a huge success. We'll just have to wait and see. Any future expansions probably depend on the sales of the upcoming one. I think it's quite clear that there are a lot of people who wants more of the Witcher universe and I doubt CDPR (or any company in their position) is just going to neglect that if it keeps being a success.

I for one is keeping my fingers crossed :)

Where is "No", option here? The game is big enough already...it needs more storyline/character improvements, customization options, overall refining of it's mechanics, than anything else. I seriously hope this "Our game is Bigger than X ! " trend dies at some point and developers become more oriented to scaling size of the game with the quality of content they fill it with.

I seriously hope this "Our game is Bigger than X ! " trend dies at some point and developers become more oriented to scaling size of the game with the quality of content they fill it with.

I don't see that happening any time soon. Witcher 3 does is better then most open world games tho, but still has a bunch of generic crap (like monster nests, caches etc).

Gothic1&2 are still one of the best RPG's when it comes to world to me, their worlds were pretty small, but every single bit of it was relevant.

It'd be awesome if CDPR can add new maps like Nilfgaard, Kovir, etc. and have maybe not a full main story, but a few big witcher contracts, and many other new quests and witcher contracts somewhere down the line, just to keep things fresh.

They do have to fix a lot of stuff before that though like the Skellige's Most Wanted bug, Triss romance fixes, the 2 paid DLC expansions, and any possible bugs that come with it, etc.

After 2016 I hope they move on from the Witcher 3. I love the game, but focusing on expansions at the expense of hours devoted towards Cyberpunk 2077, or the Witcheress, or completely new IP would be a mistake in my humble opinion. This story was great. The world is great. The characters are great. The game design is very strong. CDPR should give this game it's full attention for the short term. But come next summer, they need to be shift their focus to the next great story to tell and great world and characters to create. Let creative minds create and continue to innovate.

the witcher 4
:geraltfeelgood:

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

the areas in tw3 are pretty empty, regardless of some sidequests, wolves and drowners, you want more plains with bushes instead a the witcher 4 game!? unbelievable

:what:

Top Bottom