NG+ Experience

+
Got to admit, I was expecting the complete opposite of what I got with newgame+. I was expecting a Chrono Trigger kind of newgame+ where you stay at your level from the previous game and all the enemies go back to level 1. I was really hoping to be able to mindlessly hack and slash away while focusing more on the story. Not fighting level 35 bandits and wolves in White Orchard. I guess I was looking to be rewarded instead of punished for playing all the way through.

Spent an hour defending a campsite from wolves. !

You did what?

---------- Updated at 10:09 AM ----------

I guess I was looking to be rewarded instead of punished for playing all the way through.

How are you getting punished? If you think its too hard play it on easy mode. It would really piss me off if NG+ made you really overpowered, Im happy with the way they made it. I actually want the game to be even harder.

Only thing I hate about NG+ are wolves (seriously, i hate wolves) and human/non-human mobs. Legendary witcher, Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf slays wyverns for breakfast and craps giants before dinner, but somehow a pack of wolves 10 levels under kills him in three bites. Mobs aren't so bad because it's usually NPCs 10 levels higher that drop me.

Got to admit, I was expecting the complete opposite of what I got with newgame+. I was expecting a Chrono Trigger kind of newgame+ where you stay at your level from the previous game and all the enemies go back to level 1. I was really hoping to be able to mindlessly hack and slash away while focusing more on the story. Not fighting level 35 bandits and wolves in White Orchard. I guess I was looking to be rewarded instead of punished for playing all the way through.
Out of curiosity, what level are you playing on? NG+ is really not that hard if you play on Just The Story/Easy.

yeah wolves can kick your ass fast but now with all the abilities and signs you can control them easy and kill them fast too unlike the new game on dm where they are a bit of a pain in the ass.

new game plus just ploughed me really bad. So I spent a few hours gathering materials and crafting those high level swords in order to carry them over to new game plus in order to rarely go crafting and because I never used them in any other playthrough because I never liked farming for xp after the game was over so I in all 3 playthroughs I finished at level 35-36. I carry over those level 37, 42 45, 47 swords in the new game plus to finally use them and most importantly never have to go out of my way to craft or find a sword. I go to the stash to ditch my mastercrafted wolf swords and take something new and I realize all those swords are still useless their level has scaled to 60something... WHyyyyyyyyyyy?

Or maybe we do like Gwent, but do not enjoy the way that we have to acquire the cards.

by playing it? what's wrong with that?
i can understand if you are after the achievement which is (was?) bugged for such a long time... but just for the fun of the game it's perfectly cool to start from zero again. Otherwise it would be like starting with legendary mastercrafted armour in NG+

by playing it? what's wrong with that?
i can understand if you are after the achievement which is (was?) bugged for such a long time... but just for the fun of the game it's perfectly cool to start from zero again. Otherwise it would be like starting with legendary mastercrafted armour in NG+

It's the same principle behind wanting (proper) NG+; I don't want to have to reacquire what I already have, especially when it's as tedious as recollecting Gwent cards would be.

It's the same principle behind wanting (proper) NG+; I don't want to have to reacquire what I already have, especially when it's as tedious as recollecting Gwent cards would be.

but when ou find it tedious, why do it? it's absolutely unecessary for the game

Top Bottom