Non Withcer Gear Weapons and Armors are basically useless. Why?

+
Yet another reason why this game would benefit immeasurably from a full set of dev tools. This, and many other annoying shortcomings, would disappear virtually overnight.

i use only witcher gear, it's quite obvious, isn't it? witchers wear wicher gear, perfectly dseigned for them, signs and alqchemy bonus, and other stats that normal armors don't have, besides they look much better than nomal armors
witchers need to move fast, they are no tanks

I utterly hate the concept of witcher gear. Just make it gear and balance em. CDPR create some of the best armor and weapon designs, beautiful plate armors etc etc and then they gut it completely by making it all useless against monsters. Its a criminal waste of excellent assets already created and because of this i hate the witcher gear as you are kinda forced into only using those armors and which limit your choice considerably.

There is a reason witcher assets are used by modders in other games. Just look at their plate armors etc with insane high quality detail which do not restrict your shoulder movement at all. It is extremely hard to find proper function high quality plate in games as most North american devs completely misunderstand plate armor and European weaponry, they do not realise how high quality and better the European Armor and Weapons were. Instead they fantasize about stupid katanas.

Luckily i play on the PC which allows me to balance the non witcher armors and make them usable.

Last edited:
Plus when you loot them its 4 or 3 levels below yours so its pretty much useless.. they should upscale the gear levels to like they upscaled the enemies

They do upscale gear levels. At least in NG+ they do. I was killing a bunch of random bandits before and they all yielded level 70-73 gear, my Geralt is currently at level 74. They're still useless to use in battle since my Witcher and Relics swords have better attributes, but these loot is very useful for selling to merchants for Crowns. I started B&W with only 30k Crowns, I now have 100k! :)

I utterly hate the concept of witcher gear. Just make it gear and balance em. CDPR create some of the best armor and weapon designs, beautiful plate armors etc etc and then they gut it completely by making it all useless against monsters. Its a criminal waste of excellent assets already created and because of this i hate the witcher gear as you are kinda forced into only using those armors and which limit your choice considerably.

There is a reason witcher assets are used by modders in other games. Just look at their plate armors etc with insane high quality detail which do not restrict your shoulder movement at all. It is extremely hard to find proper function high quality plate in games as most North american devs completely misunderstand plate armor and European weaponry, they do not realise how high quality and better the European Armor and Weapons were. Instead they fantasize about stupid katanas.

Luckily i play on the PC which allows me to balance the non witcher armors and make them usable.

How did you did that because i feel the same wy you do, Witcher gear outclasses everything, what mod are you using to balance the other armors/weapons, i was thinking using "the enhancement system" mod.

I just tweaked mine on my own. Not really a full mod but with the tools i edited the XML files to suit me.

Dude, the aerondight is SO good (criticals all the time! wtf!) that it compensates by far the loss yrden buff.

Besides, the yrden buff is not that good. Yes, the buffs themselves are lifesavers, but then again, unless you are playing on easier difficulties, it's impossible to fight and stay in the same spot for very long. The true strenght of the grandmaster set is the first buff.

Dude, the aerondight is SO good (criticals all the time! wtf!) that it compensates by far the loss yrden buff.

Besides, the yrden buff is not that good. Yes, the buffs themselves are lifesavers, but then again, unless you are playing on easier difficulties, it's impossible to fight and stay in the same spot for very long. The true strenght of the grandmaster set is the first buff.
The aerondight has no sign intensity/attack power bonuses either. Also there is pretty much nothing the Aerondight is better than the granmaster legendary silver swords. For those too have high critical hit chances and also critical hit bonuses. This sword was another dissapointing one since it should be really special.

The aerondight has no sign intensity/attack power bonuses either. Also there is pretty much nothing the Aerondight is better than the granmaster legendary silver swords. For those too have high critical hit chances and also critical hit bonuses. This sword was another dissapointing one since it should be really special.

the sword at full charge does double damage at 100% crit chance. its best sword in the game that levels with you.

the sword at full charge does double damage at 100% crit chance. its best sword in the game that levels with you.
okay i might ve underestimated this one by just looking at the stats.But my point stands for 99% of the other non witcher gear weapons and armors

Top Bottom