Optional Romantic Encounters which SHOULD have existed

+
I'm not bothered particularly by the small number of sexual encounters but as i was playing today and thought came into my head, what if there had been option of sexual encounter with the Baroness if a game where Geralt helped save Anais was imported.

She is a very very lovely woman and age appropriate too!

Rosa Var Attre. (imo it was a pretty shitty move from CDP to not give us a choice to romance her, because everything looked like we could)

I still wake up in the middle of the nite crying about this one.

No, but seriously... swordplay lessons... swordplay lessons... Geralt + Rosa + Some line about "Now I want to see how you really handle a sword" = Romance Card Unlocked!

Seriously sad they didn't get the answer to that one.

I still wake up in the middle of the nite crying about this one.

No, but seriously... swordplay lessons... swordplay lessons... Geralt + Rosa + Some line about "Now I want to see how you really handle a sword" = Romance Card Unlocked!

Seriously sad they didn't get the answer to that one.

Probably another sex scene that was cut. This game was supposed to have 16 hours of mocapped sex scenes.

Probably another sex scene that was cut. This game was supposed to have 16 hours of mocapped sex scenes.

I now have the weird idea there will be an option to download the Unrated Version like they did with, I kid you not, the Saboteur.

While doubtful, I certainly hope the inevitable Enhanced Edition might implement some of the requested encounters - imaginably its just 1-2 more voiced lines each and judging by the repetition/reuse of sex scenes, no additional motion cap work involved

I'm not bothered particularly by the small number of sexual encounters but as i was playing today and thought came into my head, what if there had been option of sexual encounter with the Baroness if a game where Geralt helped save Anais was imported.

Yeah, for the Foltest memory! I would like to do that... man i'm so evil.

Honestly, I think that the romances and sexual encounters have been handled in a bad way. These are my reasons:

1. If we have two brothels in Novigrad, why not another one in Oxenfurt? Normally, every city has his whorehouse and I don't understand why this doesn't happen in Oxenfurt.

2. Why not another one in the Nilgaardian camp?. Historically, (in real life I mean) thousands of workers and whores have followed the armies because they give them benefits and I don't see why this should be different in the Witcher world.

3. If we have prostitutes in the streets of Novigrad, why we can't interact with them? Back in TW1, this was a normal thing and in TW3 seems a little bit stupid see how they are "working" you can't do nothing about it :p.

4. Speaking about the Geralt's romances, there were some clear options: Tomira, the herbalist, Corinne Tilly, Var Attre sisters (at least Rosa) or Cerys. They perfectly could be options for romance without any tipe of problem. And for those who are saying that the Geralt from the books didn't fuck with so many women I'll remember just some names of the women he fucked in the books

[Essi Daven, Shani, the bodyguards of the Golden Dragon, Yennefer, Fringilla, Triss, an orgy with Dandellion and Dudu and so on

So, for me, it would be normal that, just in one game, Geralt could have 6 or 7 romances apart from Triss or Yennefer or the casual sex with prostitutes. But I think this will never happen. For me, the reason of this loss in the adult content it's the same which explains why the story and the politics are so weak: the Witcher 3 was intended to be a mainstream game in order to gain money and atract new players, not a game for adults like the previous one

Last edited:
Sex is not a romance

Browsing through the forums I encountered many threads regarding the women and romances in the game. Who is the most beautiful character in the game etc.
And there's lot's of them. Most women in the game are created with certain charateristica making their appearence special. There's something for everyone. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, freckles, accents, green eyes, tall, small etc.
But that is only the first impression of a character. The behavior and story is much more interesting.

There are lots of romance subjects, but not all of them are interesting in the long run. A quick roll in the hay is something you can arrange with practically everyone. Insticts and needs are basic.

Pesonally I don't see the point in a romance if it just involves sex. Sex is sex. A romance should be unspoiled and serious somehow to have effect. It also demands a minimum of story. If not it would just be a quick shag. I think it's a matter of personalities.

Apart from the main characters in the game there are in particular three/four that draws attention:

Yoana - the master armorer at Crow's Perch
Jonna
- the herbalist on Ard Skellige (The Nithing)
Tomira
- the Herbalist in White Orchard
Cerys an Craite
- daughter of Crach an Craite

Yoana, Jonna and Cerys are solid and healthy celtic/viking woman. Tough and strong types with a determined mind of what's right and wrong. The kind of women that defend the village from evil when the men are at sea.

Yoana
Especially Yoana seems very solid and natural (yes, I do like her wide jaws and cheekbones). A great shame that the dialogue option doesn't give more than her brief story. She caught my attention and curiosity.
Yoana tells her story about her childhood and youth on Ard Skellige and her interest in smiting. Yet again, Yoana is not someone who will jump into bed with you just for the fun of it. Respect surrounds her. There are 'rules' and conditions.

Tomira
In Tomira's case it would be possible to create something interesting. She tells her story. In this way you already have something to go by. She had an affair and was cast out by mother Nenneke. She is probably wounded and tries to heal her scars. So, she's really not a subject for a 'quick plough'. But there would be an opening for a deeper relationship. If not for the fact that Geralt and she has spend time at the same place. That's just how I see it.

Jonna
Jonna is in deep with past relations. But she apparently wanted her freedom. The coast is clear, so to speak. And she has this aura of 'I have a story to tell' surrounding her.

The three have one thing in common that I respect and like: They are not trying to court you in any way.

What's in a woman who just lay down and let you have it? No, there has to be a story. They must be fought for and conquered before it has any meaning. A prize is not a true prize if it's just given to you for free. Building up friendship and mutual understanding has priority.

Yoana is the one who appeals most to me I must confess.

Cerys an Craite is a pretty obvious romance subject. She could inherit a larger part of the story.

Last edited:
^ Doesn't sound like The Witcher to me
Just sex is what Geralt has with all women except for Yennefer(and more or less Fringilla) in the books/games and Triss in the games (any maybe Shani in Witcher 1 but I would hardly call it a "romance"
I don't want the game be full of Bioware like romances. That's not Geralt and not the Witcher.

Last edited:
Tomira the Herbalist I was sure was going to be a plough through. Her story was set up with the Devil in the Well, the option to bring her a potion to help Lena, assorted references to her, even rescuing her after the Radivid ending from the stake. Nope, no option to plough her.

Rosa as well, was disappointed there,

Cerys I thought would be game for it :/

Jutta was OK, would like the option to visit her from time to time for extra nookie ;)

Madame Serenity (MILF) please make it so after a Qwent challenge.

More courtesans choices, hell, even the male prostitue if you want.

The Barons daughter too, kill all her religious despot buddies and teach her the error of her ways with a good 'ol plough.

The Barkeep in The White Orchard, I felt sorry for her, maybe a plough would help her feel a bit better after getting her face smashed on the counter.

Definitely Priscilla, you could go visit her and let her know about Dandelions intention to woo that old flame for coin, and in a moment of weakness she turns to you, and ends up getting ploughed.

That female Scoi'atel commander in the first camp, she was HOT! defo a plough there CDPR :)

More Triss and Yen and Keira options to plough after the ending.

The succubus should have been a plough by default, would have gladly ran around for her and killed some unwitting skellige inhabitants for the option.

Dare I say it? The friendliness and playfullness goes too far, and you end up with an option to plough ciri????

ahhh, the list goes on,

This made me laugh! I agree with every one in this list except for the last part!

^ Doesn't sound like The Witcher to me
Just sex is what Geralt has with all women except for Yennefer(and more or less Fringilla) in the books/games and Triss in the games (any maybe Shani in Witcher 1 but I would hardly call it a "romance"
I don't want the game be full of Bioware like romances. That's not Geralt and not the Witcher.

In this case let's not call them romances at all. Let's call it as it is - that for some players there is simply not enough women to fuck, and some people want to be able to fuck much more named women they have interaction with. Is it a compensating for RL deficiencies? Perish the thought!

I think the game has really enough "romantic encounters".

If you want cheap sex, just go to the Passiflora. :p

And with all possible sexual topics almost entirely excluded from the rest of the game, more sexual encounters for Geralt couldn't feel more superficial and weird.

I think so too. For instance the Iron Maiden quest seemed quite awkward in the end. I didn't even slept with her, because it felt wrong to get that as a "reward" for beating her. Having sex at a brothel was just meh, but it was the same like in Witcher 2, so whatever.

That night with Keira Metz was perfect for what it was though. The whole quest and its end didn't felt like a reward, it was like that typical "one thing leads to another" thing, really liked that all in all. Madame Sasha was ok.

I don't see how more serious romances would be possible within the game, not with Yennefer around this time. In Witcher 1 and 2 you had the freedom of amnesia, now Geralt is a bit limited, I guess.

Just maybe Fringilla, poor Fringilla... and maybe a succubus, but that one at Skellige didn't want to...

Rosa should have been an option. CDPR trolled us hardcore.

Tomira would've been nice, too.

Doesn't have to be a full romance, just a fling.

We dont want to go down the path of bioware with romances. They're great in a bio ware game where you're generally playing as a blank slate character.
Geralt has a history in the canon that has only 1 real romance and 1 under a spell. Plus 1 real romance in the first 2 games.

How ever, he has plenty of breif encounters in both the books and first 2 games. Seems like we've got a game that is 35 times bigger with sexual encounters that are only 1 times as many.

I'm not saying we want 35 times the amount from W2. But at least the 5 or 6 encounters that looked like they were cut at the last minute.

Rosa Var Attre. (imo it was a pretty shitty move from CDP to not give us a choice to romance her, because everything looked like we could)

Agreed. The whole quest seems to be created just for that, so I was quiet disappointed at the end. Another character that seems to have the hots for Geralt is Cerys. With her remarks I think that she shows a little jealuosy about Yen. I really think that it would make sense to spent a night with her.

Instead we had that girl from Iron Maiden quest which felt totally rushed and pointless to me...

the elf girl Geralt saves from the racists bandits
Vernossiel
Cerys
Rosa var Attre
Irina Renarde
more of Jutta
other elf girl from village near Novigrad

:geraltfeelgood:
the elf girl from the Puffins

Last edited:
Top Bottom