Optional Romantic Encounters which SHOULD have existed

+
I personally would like Cerys to be "romancable" as well as the girl from the Nilfgaardian Embassy in Novigrad who takes an interest in fencing.

I agree mostly with those saying they don't really need any more "romances" in the game. I do think that sex with Salma the succubus probably makes sense just for story purposes. As others have said, Rosa var Attre & Tomira the herbalist are the other obvious choices but I was more annoyed with Rosa var Attre by the end of that quest than anything. While Tomira seemed like a viable option, I think having a romance in either the prologue or the epilogue would be a little weird and I never went to White Orchard other than those two times. So other than Salma, I thought the number of options was good. I would be for more romantic encounters with either of the two main romances.

I was expecting there to be like 50 or 60 optional romances. Instead I've only had one so far with keira metz. There are like a whole bunch of NPC's that Geralt should be romancing, but the game doesn't let you. What the hell happened?

After 50 hours of detective mode and mindless combat, the game is getting boring. Feels like the main quest is going absolutely no where. When does the game actually get good? I just finished the Crones of Crookback bog and they weren't romance able and they looked nothing like the painting lol.

there are at least 10 female npcs i can think of that geralt should be able to sex, cdpr dropped the ball on this.

Rosa, Tomira and one of the two succubus. That would have been a decent number of romances and not the ridiculously low amount we got in the game.

I personally would like Cerys to be "romancable" as well as the girl from the Nilfgaardian Embassy in Novigrad who takes an interest in fencing.

Keira Metz. An actual romance rather than just the one night they get, if you go that route. Yeah, she's self centered, greedy and all that, but she's quite up front about it at least.

Also Tomira, she was cute as hell. Would also have been neat to get a scene with one of the succubi. I don't know why but even with their legs there is something very attractive about them. :p

Keira FTW! By my second playthrough after the dinner scene I just went straight for the 'I thought we're here to have sex' conversation option. Personally, find her to be a much more interesting character than Triss, and in some alternate Witcher 3 game where Geralt isn't bound to Yen and is able to choose a new permanent romance, Keira would have been a great option.
:cheers4:

Otherwise, would have preferred more random romance (sexual) encounters like the Iron Maiden and Madame Sasha. Madame Sasha especially, it would be great if you can see her again in Toussaint (Blood and Wine expansion) where your decision to help or not during High Stakes could lead to her helping you in some random secondary quest and a second love making scene. Geralt in the books is pretty much the biggest manwhore in the Northern Realms. From water nymphs to Zerrakanian warrior women to Oxenfurt students he literally just met, so more than 5 (non-brothel) sexual encounters isn't asking for too much. I for one would have liked more interhumanoid action i.e Elves and Succubuses. Since the devs claimed there was like 15-16 hours of sex related motion capture, my guess is in the two expansions, other than Shani, we're likely to see at least another 2 non-brothel related sexual encounters and two new brothels in Oxenfurt and Toussaint to please all the perverts

I'm still confused as to why so many people think Tomira should have been an option (I guess being attractive is a good enough reason?).

Like sure if we're talking TW1 tier predator Geralt, he probably would have tapped that as soon as he saw her bending over. However it doesn't really feel within Tomira's character to do so. Obviously if you help the injured chick and give her Swallow, then Tomira makes the comment that she likes you, your attitude, but it doesn't feel like because of that she's ready to jump into the sack with him. Actually it feels more like a "motherly touch" (Ironically), she see's something in Geralt and admires him for that, but it's the furthest thing away from sexual admiration as possible.
She's also been through some horrific times if you pay attention to her backstory, but unlike say, Ves, it's not going to make her emotionally fall and require a manly comfort. She's much stronger, and more wilful because of what she's been through, and doesn't need the comfort of some random Witcher.

I completely agree that characters like Rosa Var Attre, or the Succubus should have been options, those had the setup and the characters for it, but I suspect since they were very close thematically to previous romances (Ves and obviously the Succubus in TW2), they figured it would seem a little too rehashed. However as for characters that SHOULD have had romance encounters, Tomira gets a big no from me.

I say ciri let us choose boy or girl and let it go from there imagine the dialogue with yennifer and geralt just staring at said lover caustiously like a father would

I'm still confused as to why so many people think Tomira should have been an option (I guess being attractive is a good enough reason?).

Did you see the way she bent over? Did you see her butt? How could you ask that? lol.

I was extremely let down when I found out we could not have physical relations with her. Her animation where she bends over suggests she is an optional fling. When women do that, it means they want you to hit on them. The fact that Geralt doesn't hit on her, shows me that Geralt is either too old or has lost interest in sex. It was immersion breaking to see Geralt not have physical relations with her.

Like sure if we're talking TW1 tier predator Geralt, he probably would have tapped that as soon as he saw her bending over. However it doesn't really feel within Tomira's character to do so.

Geralt has a lot of experience with women, he could've persisted the issue with ease and seduced her. I roleplayed a Geralt who sleeps with as many women as he possibly could in Witcher 1 & 2. The fact that Geralt couldn't nail Tomira was extremely immersion breaking to the point I didn't even recognized Geralt of Rivia. I felt like I was playing some other character.

Obviously if you help the injured chick and give her Swallow, then Tomira makes the comment that she likes you, your attitude, but it doesn't feel like because of that she's ready to jump into the sack with him. Actually it feels more like a "motherly touch" (Ironically), she see's something in Geralt and admires him for that, but it's the furthest thing away from sexual admiration as possible.

The game should give the option to romance her (just sex), but make it difficult to figure out based upon her personality.

She's also been through some horrific times if you pay attention to her backstory, but unlike say, Ves, it's not going to make her emotionally fall and require a manly comfort. She's much stronger, and more wilful because of what she's been through, and doesn't need the comfort of some random Witcher.

This makes her more interesting. The more interesting she becomes the more male players will want to see Geralt of Rivia have sex with her. See the problem?

I completely agree that characters like Rosa Var Attre, or the Succubus should have been options,

I stopped playing Witcher 3 after CDPR trolled me with the Rosa Var Attre twin sword master scenario. I was expecting Geralt to have sex with her, then nothing happened. It was upsetting.

I was also expecting to have relations with the Crones. I was expecting Geralt to sleep with them and that would cause negative result in the quest. I was expecting to see the beautiful version of the Crones, have them trick me with sex and have that cause a negative result in the quest. Could you imagine how epic and hilarious this could've been?

The amount of women that can be sexed has gone down. CDPR claims there is the same amount as Witcher 2, but that's not accurate. Witcher 3 world is much bigger and there are far more female npc's. It's not proportionate.

There are at least eight other female npc's that should be a sexual option, but aren't. I'm hoping CDPR will fix this by the time the enhanced edition comes out. Until then, I'm putting Witcher 3 on hold.

No offense, but when I met Rosa Var Attre and have Fancing Lesson quest, a few dark intentions appear in my mind :hatsoff:

Exactly, god i hope CDPR fixes this. Immersion was completely lost during that scenario.

PRAISE

I want to give Witcher 3 some praise. I loved the Keira Metz romance, that was BRILLIANT, absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite parts of the game. I want more and more and more and more of that. LOTS more. Screw exploration and killing mobs, screw open world, just give us more scenarios to conquer the womenz Geralt of Rivia style! *smile*

I agree with you on the girl from the Nilfgaardian embassy, but for some reason I just don't see Geralt nailing Ciri. He's like a father to her. In the beginning of the game it makes you feel like you want to take care of Ciri as a father would. It's hard to see Geralt break that and just sleep with her, I don't see Geralt doing that, do you?

Last edited:
Did you see the way she bent over? Did you see her butt? How could you ask that? lol.

I was extremely let down when I found out we could not have physical relations with her. Her animation where she bends over suggests she is an optional fling. When women do that, it means they want you to hit on them. The fact that Geralt doesn't hit on her, shows me that Geralt is either too old or has lost interest in sex. It was immersion breaking to see Geralt not have physical relations with her.

Geralt has a lot of experience with women, he could've persisted the issue with ease and seduced her. I roleplayed a Geralt who sleeps with as many women as he possibly could in Witcher 1 & 2. The fact that Geralt couldn't nail Tomira was extremely immersion breaking to the point I didn't even recognized Geralt of Rivia. I felt like I was playing some other character.

The game should give the option to romance her (just sex), but make it difficult to figure out based upon her personality.

This makes her more interesting. The more interesting she becomes the more male players will want to see Geralt of Rivia have sex with her. See the problem?

I stopped playing Witcher 3 after CDPR trolled me with the Rosa Var Attre twin sword master scenario. I was expecting Geralt to have sex with her, then nothing happened. It was upsetting.

I was also expecting to have relations with the Crones. I was expecting Geralt to sleep with them and that would cause negative result in the quest. I was expecting to see the beautiful version of the Crones, have them trick me with sex and have that cause a negative result in the quest. Could you imagine how epic and hilarious this could've been?

The amount of women that can be sexed has gone down. CDPR claims there is the same amount as Witcher 2, but that's not accurate. Witcher 3 world is much bigger and there are far more female npc's. It's not proportionate.

There are at least eight other female npc's that should be a sexual option, but aren't. I'm hoping CDPR will fix this by the time the enhanced edition comes out. Until then, I'm putting Witcher 3 on hold.

Exactly, god i hope CDPR fixes this. Immersion was completely lost during that scenario.

PRAISE

I want to give Witcher 3 some praise. I loved the Keira Metz romance, that was BRILLIANT, absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite parts of the game. I want more and more and more and more of that. LOTS more. Screw exploration and killing mobs, screw open world, just give us more scenarios to conquer the womenz Geralt of Rivia style! *smile*

I agree with you on the girl from the Nilfgaardian embassy, but for some reason I just don't see Geralt nailing Ciri. He's like a father to her. In the beginning of the game it makes you feel like you want to take care of Ciri as a father would. It's hard to see Geralt break that and just sleep with her, I don't see Geralt doing that, do you?
Calm down, bro. I believe you also have the same feeling with us. Of course there are some things we are not satisfied, but this is not a big problem.

The truth is you can't go to bed with all the women that you meet, right? I don't think there's much to appeal Geralt and we can not require too much.

Of course everyone (include me) want to have as much romantic as possible. But calm down. This is RPG game, not sex game. The sex scene is just as the spices added to make the game more attractive, so we could not require it as a sex game. So I think nothing will change, perhaps we should just focus and demand more with main NPC (as Triss or Yen).

The fact that Geralt couldn't nail Tomira was extremely immersion breaking to the point I didn't even recognized Geralt of Rivia. I felt like I was playing some other character.

Lol. That's a bit much. Blame it all on TW1. Book Geralt was never a crazy sex maniac that sleeps with everything and anything female. Yes, he admired lots of women in the books, but he's nowhere close to the sex freak you make him sound to be. There are many immersion breaking points in the game, not being able to bang the first woman who bends over is definitely not one of them. This is the kinda talk that makes journalist label the Witcher series as misogynistic.

Guest 3847602

I think this game is perfect for you:

It's old, but you gotta respect the classics :D

Top Bottom