Our speculation before the release of B&W was unfounded lol

+
Our speculation before the release of B&W was unfounded lol

Remember all the speculation prior to the release ....the thinking things like the Devils pit/the cat, that strange quest "a land from far far away". (Or was that just a play on words since in the shrek movies the world is called Far Far Away.....(may just the tittle of that quest just been alluding to the fablesphere?)

Lol nothing in the main game or HOS hinted to anything about B&W (or was there a letter from Anna Henrieta somewhere, or did Yen mention it......I can't remember)

Last edited:
Yea, that's why HoS is way better as it featured brilliant little foreshadowing from the very beginning of the base game. Blood and Wine was meh because it was clueless from the beginning.

sv3672

Forum veteran
It is possible to read about Regis in the base game, that foreshadows somewhat his return:
You will no doubt call me a liar, a cheat and a madman. You will shake your head in pity and snort in disbelief. But I promise you, I swear on all the gods: everything which you shall read in the pages to follow is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I met the vampire of which I write years ago, in an inn in Beauclair. He introduced himself to me as Regis and said he was a barber and a medic. Since he looked in every aspect like a mortal man, I might never have even suspected his true nature - had not a fire broken out shortly thereafter in the establishment in which we were residing. This Regis, if that truly was his name, stood completely untouched by the flames, whereas my own clothing quickly caught fire. The vampire carried me out of the burning inn, saving my life from certain death, then treated my numerous wounds.

At first Regis refused to answer my query as to how he had miraculously survived the furnace-like temperatures inside the burning inn without so much as a scratch on his body or a hair singed on his head. Eventually, however, he must have sensed I was a man of the world, one who would not jump to hasty judgments based on appearance or species, and revealed his identity - along with a great number of highly interesting facts.

According to Regis, not all vampires are alike. This vast family contains both mindless katakans, fleders and ekimmaras, who in form resemble overgrown bats far more than humans, as well as alps and bruxae, who look remarkably like comely maids. In addition to these, there are the even more powerful higher vampires, to which genus belonged my unexpected acquaintance.

Not even a witcher can discern a higher vampire from a mortal man. Contrary to popular belief, they cannot be killed by pounding aspen stakes into their chests nor by cutting off their heads, nor, as I can vouch for based on personal experience, by fire. They do not fear running water, garlic or the symbols of any creed. It might be some consolation to learn a vampire's bite does not turn a human into one of their number, and they do not in any way need our blood in order to survive - to them, it is merely a delicacy in which they indulge from time to time, like men do with fine wine.

Regis asked me to keep his tale to myself. But now, as I lay on my death bed, I feel that I must share this secret knowledge, even if it means breaking my word to this most noble individual...

Last edited:
It is possible to read about Regis in the base game, that foreshadows somewhat his return:
You will no doubt call me a liar, a cheat and a madman. You will shake your head in pity and snort in disbelief. But I promise you, I swear on all the gods: everything which you shall read in the pages to follow is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I met the vampire of which I write years ago, in an inn in Beauclair. He introduced himself to me as Regis and said he was a barber and a medic. Since he looked in every aspect like a mortal man, I might never have even suspected his true nature - had not a fire broken out shortly thereafter in the establishment in which we were residing. This Regis, if that truly was his name, stood completely untouched by the flames, whereas my own clothing quickly caught fire. The vampire carried me out of the burning inn, saving my life from certain death, then treated my numerous wounds.

At first Regis refused to answer my query as to how he had miraculously survived the furnace-like temperatures inside the burning inn without so much as a scratch on his body or a hair singed on his head. Eventually, however, he must have sensed I was a man of the world, one who would not jump to hasty judgments based on appearance or species, and revealed his identity - along with a great number of highly interesting facts.

According to Regis, not all vampires are alike. This vast family contains both mindless katakans, fleders and ekimmaras, who in form resemble overgrown bats far more than humans, as well as alps and bruxae, who look remarkably like comely maids. In addition to these, there are the even more powerful higher vampires, to which genus belonged my unexpected acquaintance.

Not even a witcher can discern a higher vampire from a mortal man. Contrary to popular belief, they cannot be killed by pounding aspen stakes into their chests nor by cutting off their heads, nor, as I can vouch for based on personal experience, by fire. They do not fear running water, garlic or the symbols of any creed. It might be some consolation to learn a vampire's bite does not turn a human into one of their number, and they do not in any way need our blood in order to survive - to them, it is merely a delicacy in which they indulge from time to time, like men do with fine wine.

Regis asked me to keep his tale to myself. But now, as I lay on my death bed, I feel that I must share this secret knowledge, even if it means breaking my word to this most noble individual...

Actually, I also pointed it out a couple of months back if you recall.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...e-(SPOILERS)?p=2017397&viewfull=1#post2017397

But Regis alone can't save the below average main storyline pacing of the second half. It's nowhere near the exciting, gripping, bone-chilling second half of Hearts of Stone.

Last edited:
Actually, I also pointed it out a couple of months back if you recall.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...e-(SPOILERS)?p=2017397&viewfull=1#post2017397

But Regis alone can't save the below average main storyline pacing of the second half. It's nowhere near the exciting, gripping, bone-chilling second half of Hearts of Stone.

Yup pretty much.
as soon as Anna Henrietta spoke about an enstarnged sister at the party, I kinda new what the plot line was. An out cast sister/family member seeking revenge

While the map area for B&W is good and the graphics pretty, it was not as sinister as HOS. Characters (beside Regis) not truely memorable.

Remember all the speculation prior to the release ....the thinking things like the Devils pit/the cat, that strange quest "a land from far far away". (Or was that just a play on words since in the shrek movies the world is called Far Far Away.....(may just the tittle of that quest just been alluding to the fablesphere?)

I think that those were part of Iorveth's story in Novigrad, which was completely cut and could be the explanations about why Act feels so rushed

jj284b

Forum veteran
actually, there is one thing that kinda was referring to B&W in the main game - in Skellige, there is a bandit island with sky cells... you can find a letter where it is said, that bandits need to capture more people, because ANCIENT ONE WANTS MORE BLOOD :)

Well, that was just a speculation from the community.
And it was negated soon .

Actually in one of the contracts it looks like it should be a manticore but was substituted by "rare subspecies of basilisk" at the last moment. Probably, CDPR couldn't finish it in time.

Yup pretty much.
as soon as Anna Henrietta spoke about an enstarnged sister at the party, I kinda new what the plot line was. An out cast sister/family member seeking revenge

While the map area for B&W is good and the graphics pretty, it was not as sinister as HOS. Characters (beside Regis) not truely memorable.
Actually at the very beginning, simply visiting an inn when you can play gwent, you can find a letter written by "someone" claiming that the real heir to throne was returning.

---------- Updated at 10:57 PM ----------

I heard rumors about Vilgefortz being the main villain
Fantasies from people who also added that famous Vilgefortz fake quote.

I don't think a head alone could speak.

Yea, that should've been the proper send-off. Instead of this mediocre farewell.

No, it shouldn't. Vilgefortz being a main villain was completely out there as theories go. In case of Regis we at least had a confirmation from the author that he's not truly dead. With Vilgefortz there was no justifiable reason to bring him back after he was decapitated and probably blown to smithereens right after, seeing as he's just a regular mage.

seeing as he's just a regular mage.

Vilgefortz is no regular mage. He was the master of obscure and arcane. And I'm sure he knew how to put a stopper on death or resurrection for that matter. And did you like this barebone send-off btw?!?! I mean, overall, the expansion is decent. Toussaint is pretty well designed, except there's no Caed Myrkvid or Pomerol Estate to be found in the map. Also, the seconday quests are of the same quality as the base game. But the main storyline is probably the worst of the Witcher series, except Regis, and Anna Henrietta were well-written.

Last edited:
No, Vilgefortz was one of the leading persons behind conclave of mages, on the same level as Phillipa. nothing more or less.

Top Bottom