Patch 1.04 for PC out now!

+
Might be a good tip to back up your save files before patching. That way you can go back to previous version if needed. 1.03 works like a charm so sticking with it. If it ain't broken don't ...

Is there a way to go back to previous versions with the steam version of the game?

Is there a way to go back to previous versions with the steam version of the game?

Excellent question. Haven't used Steam in a long while so don't really know.. sorry. If there is a manual way to install updates in Steam then it would be possible. With auto update.. I don't think so.

I don't use auto updating platforms because they only create more problems.

I would complain about the PS3 textures, but I notice after the update my graphics texture settings was changed to low. After turning it back to ultra I really notice an upgrade in textures...
Here everything is working well, only one problmem with no special effects on any sign I use, but after exit and reopen the game had fixed this problem.

Please fix the bug with the main quest count reuven's treasure on ps4 that one that is going to speak with dijkistra cause doesnt do anything thx in advance....keep the good work guys!

Game was working great ... now I updated to 1.04, constant crashing. I don't know what you changed .. but I can't play more than 2 mins to 45 mins before game crashes. Don't have this problem in any other game I have. I find it very sad that after 40 hours I put into the game .. I can no longer play ..

[EDIT]

Can't even go back to 1.03 because all of the saves I had from 1.03 have been overwritten. Please fix this asap.

Last edited:
Yup the patch broke the game for me. Huge NPC pop in, stuttering and can't go full screen because the game perma minimises and I have to edit the .ini file to set it back to windowed mode otherwise it won't even start up if I change to full screen in game.

If you have edited rendering.ini or user.settings, check that they are not in read-only before patching. Also remove any mods before patching and reset display driver settings to default.

@Raas187 That is exactly how console games work. No tweaking, just gaming.

So. This is kinda disappointing. While the PC gets one patch after another - apparantly - we on console will just have to wait? While PC gets more options to make their gameplay work, we don`t. I do not have all the info, and maybe the PC version needs more fixing. But still. On console, I don`t have the option to turn down resolution and graphics (to get at more fluid gameplay) Did you, the dev and other respected people around this game not state: that if it were not for consoles, you could not make this kind of game? So I, as a ps4 gamer, have to wait - and maybe will be 50-75% through the game before a patch? I love this game series, and really had big respect for you guys, cause you all seem real (as real as one can hope, I guess) but this is disapointing.

Well, anyways. Hope this will be fixed before I finish the game ;)
Not sure how long you have been gaming but patches are handled differently on the consoles. Console players will get the same patches but they have to wait for MS and SONY to approve said patches, CDPR has no control over this.

Game was working great ... now I updated to 1.04, constant crashing. I don't know what you changed .. but I can't play more than 2 mins to 45 mins before game crashes. Don't have this problem in any other game I have. I find it very sad that after 40 hours I put into the game .. I can no longer play ..

[EDIT]

Can't even go back to 1.03 because all of the saves I had from 1.03 have been overwritten. Please fix this asap.

I had similar issues.. I started the game via geforce experience ... had to disable automatic update for optimal settings ... since then it worked fine ...also closing gog galaxy while playing.... something always minimized and messed up my settings too xD

-Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings’ option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
A bunch of bugs with it.
For example,
- some keys are "hardcoded", you can't use [M] for anything except "Show Map"
- try to bind Right Mouse Button to movement and then click it several times

Please, don't hurry with changes, that not tested enough :)

-Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
On high settings this changes can be considered as improvement. But not so for ultra settings:
http://i.imgur.com/vCQ00vz.png?1

Most important to rework (not only change rendering settings) some blurred/weird textures of foliage that frequently used in the game world.
I already wrote on GOG.com: your designers can look at TheCrew. In this game you can see excellent work on the creation of credible forest and lighting (even in lowest settings) with least effort.
http://i.imgur.com/EyaKE2P.png
http://i.imgur.com/1MOhOUV.png

-A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Sad but can't find them... :(

-Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
Some people report about more stable fps.
On my Radeon R9 280 I see some increased fps, but generally performance become more fluctuate. I played with "vsync" and without "frame limit". For now maybe better to turn on "frame limit"..

========================

Also 1.04 ruined counting of my stats.
a) For now "Signs: +7%" mutagen is not accounted after the save loaded. I must to remove it and setup it again. Each time!

I tried to
- remove all
- save
- load
- wear all
- save
- load
- this didn't helps

b) Damage per second was 304 and 145 before the patch and become 262 and 127 after the patch. I don't know where more proper counting. Maybe fencing speed is nerfed, but you guys forgot to add this to the patch notes? :D

===========================

Finally, I wait for announced MEGA-patch and I hope that you will add in it hot fixes of new bugs
Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble with the new loot window? Its annoyingly huge and the "E key to take" doesn't work unless you drag your mouse onto the object in the window. Makes looting a much more tedious.

Still love the game though, literally my only compliant!

Anyone else having trouble with the new loot window? Its annoyingly huge and the "E key to take" doesn't work unless you drag your mouse onto the object in the window. Makes looting a much more tedious.

Still love the game though, literally my only compliant!

Window size is not annoyingly for me.
But changed position of cursor is annoying

Guest 3349340

If you have edited rendering.ini or user.settings, check that they are not in read-only before patching. Also remove any mods before patching and reset display driver settings to default.

@Raas187 That is exactly how console games work. No tweaking, just gaming.

Yep - I know. That should also be the point :) then why make it so demanding (in regards to graphics) on consoles.. I am sitting here, trying to kill monsters - in the most beautiful sorrundings - but the fps sometimes drops till its getting quite random what I am trying to do. Well no worries, just my 15 mins of something.. still love the concept and hope for a patch soon.

So. This is kinda disappointing. While the PC gets one patch after another - apparantly - we on console will just have to wait? While PC gets more options to make their gameplay work, we don`t. I do not have all the info, and maybe the PC version needs more fixing. But still. On console, I don`t have the option to turn down resolution and graphics (to get at more fluid gameplay) Did you, the dev and other respected people around this game not state: that if it were not for consoles, you could not make this kind of game? So I, as a ps4 gamer, have to wait - and maybe will be 50-75% through the game before a patch? I love this game series, and really had big respect for you guys, cause you all seem real (as real as one can hope, I guess) but this is disapointing.

Well, anyways. Hope this will be fixed before I finish the game ;)

Are you serious? Tweak the resolution on a console? I just.....hope you are trolling. If not, you need to learn what console gaming is and how it works. If you want to tweak settings and not have to wait on patches to get certified, then you need a PC.

Playing the game at 1080p with a msi gtx 980 gaming, i7 3820 on a SSD.
While it worked almost perfectly well on 1.03, i've lost some frames since 1.04 and in some areas, even without Hairworks I only get about 30 fps...
In patch 1.03 I was getting a constant 60 fps without Hairworks and a solid 45 - 55 fps with Hairworks... In 1.04 I get between 30 and 55 without Hairworks...

Hi, I've been playing The Witcher 3 since launch and thankfully, didn't even notice the issues/bugs above, ingame haha. Unfortunately I am now experiencing load distance "Problems" to say the least. Thanks for fixing those other bugs but I physically cannot bear to see huge masts on ships appear when I'm only 25-50 meters away, even worse are small boats popping in very close to me, VERY CLOSE hahaha. Also, the struts that hold up the oxenfurt bridge pop in VERY CLOSE and sails on windmills pop in is very apparent. Afraid to test anywhere else in the game so will wait for 1.05 patch haha. Thanks for the best game I've played and hopefully my feedback helps to point out theses issues delivered with the 1.04 patch.

Guest 3349340

Not sure how long you have been gaming but patches are handled differently on the consoles. Console players will get the same patches but they have to wait for MS and SONY to approve said patches, CDPR has no control over this.

Of course. But not really my department. I just bought the game and hoped I could enjoy killing monsters without 15-20 fps in some areas. I understand the difference between releasing a game to some testers and a couple of million people (my math may be way off here) and it seems like a big game. Many things can be forgiven with such a extensive and great game, but not being able to fight those most unholy monsters properly is no cool.

In patch 1.03 I was getting a constant 60 fps without Hairworks and a solid 45 - 55 fps with Hairworks... In 1.04 I get between 30 and 55 without Hairworks...
But you get another resulting picture too. This NEW result need more GPU work. Try to set "Texture Quality" to HIGH instead of ULTRA.

Top Bottom