Patch 1.05... where is it?

+
It's been proven on reddit and the forums about 50 times now, the couple quests you don't get XP from if you choose to "max" XP you can do side quests that would usually turn grey and get the same amount of XP. They created more side quests than you can do in the allowed levels...

---------- Updated at 10:03 AM ----------

You guys are missing the core of the game it's THE STORY, do you get to choose between classes? NOPE so it's not a "get to the highest level possible" RPG. With or without the missing XP whether it's grey quests, outleveling or missing XP you can STILL play through the story and get maxed out for the content that's provided and play all the quests in the game.... SO many games are beat to bones in a week by AAA studios, it's only later when they add more content, modes or mods that you can play the lets level till I get bored game.

The same reddit and forums you are talking about also indicate plenty of players that do not receive XP for more than "a couple" of quests. In fact, many players have reported that they did not receive XP from quests for weeks now, having the main quests out level them. If CDPR is confident the impact will be low, they need to quantify the impact, so players can make their own decisions.

Right now, players DON'T KNOW if can can beat the game properly with this defect, cause no one officially gave them a quantifiable answer.

The same reddit and forums you are talking about also indicate plenty of players that do not receive XP for more than "a couple" of quests. In fact, many players have reported that they did not receive XP from quests for weeks now, having the main quests out level them. If CDPR is confident the impact will be low, they need to quantify the impact, so players can make their own decisions.

Right now, players DON'T KNOW if can can beat the game properly with this defect, cause no one officially gave them a quantifiable answer.

They won't post screens or videos, so until they do that prove it. They usually respond with "no i won't do that", "no i shouldn't have to", "no I don't want to show my quest log". When you show actual proof and talk to support and the people that volunteer to help you on the forums / reddit and it was in fact the case that people are "stuck" at a certain point from XP then it would be rushed out.

But like I said when it comes to proof no one seems to have any of it, search yourself 90% of the videos like look I didn't get XP for this one quest, I can't go on, I'm done. It's like crying wolf when no one has seen it, there are news / studios covering witcher 3 that make TONS of money, I'd think if they could get actual proof and spike their views they would have already...

They won't post screens or videos, so until they do that prove it. They usually respond with "no i won't do that", "no i shouldn't have to", "no I don't want to show my quest log". When you show actual proof and talk to support and the people that volunteer to help you on the forums / reddit and it was in fact the case that people are "stuck" at a certain point from XP then it would be rushed out.

But like I said when it comes to proof no one seems to have any of it, search yourself 90% of the videos like look I didn't get XP for this one quest, I can't go on, I'm done. It's like crying wolf when no one has seen it, there are news / studios covering witcher 3 that make TONS of money, I'd think if they could get actual proof and spike their views they would have already...

Trust me, I totally see your point, but you also need to understand the point from those that have voiced their concerns.

Im hit by the XP bug too, and its hard to wait for a fix. Its also hard to understand the decision to postpone releasing a hotfix (that they said was ready). I don't think i've ever heard of something like this before, why on earth wouldnt they release it asap...? Sadly this circus has made me loose most of the good will the devs earned from me for their otherwise fantastic game.

I think what bothers most is that people think the patch is so close, and get frustrated when they check over and over and still there is no patch. I suppose it would be better from CDPR to just say a day after the planned release of it so if it releases on time, everyone gets it a day early as a surprise. People enjoy things early but dislike things late ;)

I think what bothers most is that people think the patch is so close, and get frustrated when they check over and over and still there is no patch. I suppose it would be better from CDPR to just say a day after the planned release of it so if it releases on time, everyone gets it a day early as a surprise. People enjoy things early but dislike things late ;)

I just wish they would give an ETA, as you said a lot of people are getting frustrated over checking the updates over and over again. If they gave an expected ETA people wouldn't be nagging so much haha. Hopefully it comes out today or at least really early tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nobody will be happy either way, they did say an hot-fix would have come yesterday and nothing happened, at this point they might as well say nothing (not saying they didn't try, probably it was more complicated than they thought)..

Took me 5 minutes to find a video for it but just look at the players xp at the start at the video and at the end. http://www.twitch.tv/zealuu2/b/664863432

Large patches take a long time to QA, and this one is no exception. So please take note of the following:

* XP for quests where you are overleveled was 0 but should have been 5. This is by design. The game is not designed to support grinding monsters or side quests for XP. If you want to rant about that, you get one post to do so, and reposting substantially the same rant will result in your post being removed for cause.

* Zero XP for quests that you were not overleveled for is on topic; however, evidence for this bug actually being present is sparse and ill-documented. If you have evidence that is more than just your claim that it happened, please post it. Hearsay (you heard it happened to somebody else, or saw it in somebody else's video) is not evidence.

* Patience is a virtue, and impatience is impolite. Expressions that are merely impatience will be treated as rants: you get one post, then you have had your say.

Last edited:
Large patches take a long time to QA, and this one is no exception. So please take note of the following:

* XP for quests where you are overleveled was 0 but should have been 5. This is by design. The game is not designed to support grinding monsters or side quests for XP. If you want to rant about that, you get one post to do so, and reposting substantially the same rant will result in your post being removed for cause.

* Zero XP for quests that you were not overleveled for is on topic; however, evidence for this bug actually being present is sparse and ill-documented. If you have evidence that is more than just your claim that it happened, please post it. Hearsay (you heard it happened to somebody else, or saw it in somebody else's video) is not evidence.
You are joking right? Cause if you are not, this is one of the most retarded design decisions I have ever seen. Btw the fact that CDPR still don't believe there is a problem is just laughful :D Did they play their own game?:D You call getting XP reward for doing 30 min quest a "grinding"? 5 xp for "overleveled" quests? Wtf is this looney park? Did you ever play any decent crpg?

Last edited:
I got zero exp for the entire ladies of the wood quest line. I would have to dig out the save to prove it as I restarted as a means to have something to do but the only exp I got in that entire quest was for killing the enemies involved

hold on.. triss main story quest line and the broken flower quest line gave me no xp... it was a lvl 3 difference not 6 and above

i call that broken

You are joking right? Cause if you are not, this is one of the most retarded design decisions I have ever seen. Btw the fact that CDPR still don't believe there is a problem is just laughful :D Did they play their own game?:D You call getting XP reward for doing 30 min quest a "grinding"? 5 xp for "overleveled" quests? Wtf is this looney park? Did you ever play any decent crpg?

Design decisions are design decisions. A decision that no, this game will not allow you to follow RPG convention is not in my opinion defective in any way.

You know that 5, 10 or 15 XP for doing a quest is basically no XP for doing the quest, right? Why would you do the secondary quest in your second playthrough if it's not rewarding you in any way? Did you think of that?

You know that 5, 10 or 15 XP for doing a quest is basically no XP for doing the quest, right? Why would you do the secondary quest in your second playthrough if it's not rewarding you in any way? Did you think of that?

Becouse its awesome quests?

5xp for overleveled quests is fine and by design. No XP for quests that you aint overleveled for is gamebraking.

So I stopped playing the game for the last few days because of the no xp bug and because CDPR said that 1.05 will fix it and it will be out on June 1st. So... June 1st is here...any ETA? Will it be out later in the day? Has it been delayed? Some news would be nice. I would really like to get back to playing please.

Where is the patch? I have an idea but i don't think so, it's the good place for tell that xD.
Seriously, i think, CDPR are lost with them game. Maybe, it's not them who are create the game but an independant studio, lol. But, it's possible, you never can tell...

Top Bottom