Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Indeed, I'm still waiting "hairworks" for fur coat on skellige, for example...Btw, CPR can do all they want, they decided to switch and become primary a console software house. Not only downgrade, now we have to wait even for patches and certification process.

The only thing I can do is to buy the expansion pass on discount.

Not yet available on PS4 in the UK :sadtriss:Just woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and decided to check lol. Ah well, hopefully later today.
Yeah. Even though I was late I still checked my PS4 before I went to work.
Im gonna be here for another 5 hours. Really hope its out by the time I get home.

If something bad happens in the job? "Move on and walk away, be quiet". If something bad happens in your life (as you are targeted by bullies)? "Move on, tail beneath your legs, change place and be quiet". Someone is pissing all over you and dominating your life psychologicallly? "Endure or at most move on but god forbid you fight back, that would be too much".

The coward's and "I was alive but I never even understood it" song.

I begin to suspect that the majority of those that don't really understand the problematic here are just little teenagers. Maybe you will learn, maybe you will not. If you will do will make the difference between your life being a misery or not.
So you compare buying a product (and its contract of purchase) with social interaction... Strange.
So when YOU are buying a product that is not up to your standards, you believe the company are bulling you? Strange...

I just woke up and wondered why my PS4 Fan was running. When I checked on it, I was surprised by a nearly completed 7,6 GB patch download. Since I'm working with DSL speeds around 6000 kb/s, the download must've started around 5 or 6 am. I didn't even think about the patch to be honest. Really wish for all you other guys that it'll be released soon in your country / on your platform.

It's as simple as this.

This patch is the same on all platforms, it went into console certification at least 1-2 weeks ago. That means the patch was DONE 1-2 weeks ago.
Which in turn means the PC version was just sitting there waiting for 1-2 weeks ready to be released, but waiting.

Now comes the time for the actual release and the PC version is STILL WAITING!!!! That is incredibly infuriating to see the consoles getting it first knowing PC could have had it 1-2 weeks ago.

Also them saying "we are working up until the last minute", that is a bold faced LIE. The only way they can get away with that, is to actually have 1-2 weeks of DIFFERENT changes on the PC patch that console version cannot POSSIBLY have.

So if the 'changelog' is the exact same, they just lied. Things like that compounds the problem and the anger.

If it was ready to go out on Console today/yesterday and has been now for 12-13 hours. The PC version could have been ready to launch on their servers days BEFORE today and just ready to DL at once.
The fact it isn't, just annoys me.

The REDPost by Benzenzimmern at the very top of this thread states WHY this is the case. It's not a lie, honestly why would they screw anyone over like that? They are fixing platform-specific issues and while XB1 is 1 platform, PS4 is 1 platform, for PC you have a platform that is so incredibly varied since there's no telling what set-up a person has, CPUs, GPUs, Motherboards, RAM, and OS can all be different and perform in very different ways from each other, so it makes sense that it would take longer for them to get that up and running.

Now let's presume they did go for a simultaneous release, yes it's true it takes longer to pass verification for the consoles where the PC can just "release" it. If that is the case where they held back the patch to release all together, you have to wonder why? Well the answer is in the patch notes. This isn't simply a bug-fix patch, it's adding in new features, and all you would gain by releasing PC patch first is a reversal of the current complaints "PC got their new Patch content before we did! QQ" and basically CDPR is trying to pick the lesser evil by delivering the patch simultaneous to all platforms.

So let's go with that, the patch notes released thus far are what we can expect of ALL 3 patches, but it's a bit naive to imagine this will be the last Witcher 3 patch, they will probably continue to patch it well past the second expansion. So in that extra week or whatever long it took Microsoft and Sony to verify their patch, they added new platform-specific fixes for the PC version, so it will be 1.07 + PC specific fixes.

Im from the UK and I haven't got the patch yet however my buddy is from the UK and he got it as soon as he switched on his console. Doesnt make any bloody sense!

It's as simple as this.

This patch is the same on all platforms, it went into console certification at least 1-2 weeks ago. That means the patch was DONE 1-2 weeks ago.
Which in turn means the PC version was just sitting there waiting for 1-2 weeks ready to be released, but waiting.

Now comes the time for the actual release and the PC version is STILL WAITING!!!! That is incredibly infuriating to see the consoles getting it first knowing PC could have had it 1-2 weeks ago.

Also them saying "we are working up until the last minute", that is a bold faced LIE. The only way they can get away with that, is to actually have 1-2 weeks of DIFFERENT changes on the PC patch that console version cannot POSSIBLY have.

So if the 'changelog' is the exact same, they just lied. Things like that compounds the problem and the anger.

If it was ready to go out on Console today/yesterday and has been now for 12-13 hours. The PC version could have been ready to launch on their servers days BEFORE today and just ready to DL at once.
The fact it isn't, just annoys me.

You have no idea if its the "same patch" or not. You have no idea if its been done for weeks or not. None of us do, because there has been no official word on any of that.

They actually didnt even start working on the PC version until after they sent the console version to certification.

^ that, I just pulled out of my ass, and it has just as much evidence to support it as all these claims of the patch being "ready for weeks".

Tell me one simple thing.... what do they gain from holding it back on purpose?

I can even believe that it might have been ready to go at the same time as the console versions were sent to certification, I would believe that they held it back at that point to release all versions simultaneously. (and personally, I wouldnt have a problem with that)

But that falls apart once we get to yesterday, when it released for consoles. At that point, holding it back benefits no one, and makes CDPR have to listen to entitled idiots whining all day. Explain why they did that in purpose?

Remember when you played all those other open world RPGs that had such a vast graphical superiority to The Witcher 3?

I sure don't, the game looks absolutely amazing.

missing the point like a champion. The issue was NEVER that it WAS downgraded (hell, downgrades happen all the time) - the issue was that cdpr LIED about it just to protect their prepurchase profits... they very specifically told us that there was NO downgrade and that the early video represented what we would get... why can you not understand that it was cdpr's habit of LYING that is the issue, not the thing that they lied ABOUT... same issue here.. its not that the patch is late that is the problem, its the LIES that cdpr is telling us about WHY it isn't out yet that is the cause of so much frustration.

that has to be the dumbest defence i've ever heard to explain away why a company doesn't have a responsibility or moral obligation to deliver a qulaity product that theyve charged a premium price for, and for any consumer who fights for quality, is wrong and needs to go away...

...and it saddens me that of all people, it comes from a consumers (and a gamer when talking about the gaming industry as well)
Just point out the facts for you, since the rage have clouded your vision of real life (IMO).
Why are you playing such games, if you are not agreeing to the contract??

And of course, you should stand up for your believes. But please so, in polite and adult manors... You might win more souls with honey, then sewage...
I'm not "betting" more on a game (time and money), then I can afford to loose. You clearly acting like someone desperate, that are loosing something important, big time...

The REDPost by Benzenzimmern at the very top of this thread states WHY this is the case. It's not a lie, honestly why would they screw anyone over like that? They are fixing platform-specific issues and while XB1 is 1 platform, PS4 is 1 platform, for PC you have a platform that is so incredibly varied since there's no telling what set-up a person has, CPUs, GPUs, Motherboards, RAM, and OS can all be different and perform in very different ways from each other, so it makes sense that it would take longer for them to get that up and running.

Now let's presume they did go for a simultaneous release, yes it's true it takes longer to pass verification for the consoles where the PC can just "release" it. If that is the case where they held back the patch to release all together, you have to wonder why? Well the answer is in the patch notes. This isn't simply a bug-fix patch, it's adding in new features, and all you would gain by releasing PC patch first is a reversal of the current complaints "PC got their new Patch content before we did! QQ" and basically CDPR is trying to pick the lesser evil by delivering the patch simultaneous to all platforms.

So let's go with that, the patch notes released thus far are what we can expect of ALL 3 patches, but it's a bit naive to imagine this will be the last Witcher 3 patch, they will probably continue to patch it well past the second expansion. So in that extra week or whatever long it took Microsoft and Sony to verify their patch, they added new platform-specific fixes for the PC version, so it will be 1.07 + PC specific fixes.

a. The patch notes don't include any "pc specific fixes" so you are just making that up
b. Waiting for console certification is out of CDPR hands, making pc gamers wait just to make console gamers happy is not, it is a decision they made.
c. Those "new features" were done a while ago, before they were sent to console certification, is not like you can add anything after you sent the patch for certification, so, they were already done with them at least a week or so ago.
d. i guess every dev become like this when they grow big enough, and everyone was praising cdpr back when witcher 2 was release, the irony.

Many of the posts in this threads proves that, given enough time, people will actively look for reasons to whine about anything. Even with CDPR's constant efforts in communicating and being polite to the community, people still come up with baseless assumptions out of nowhere and than it spreads like wildfire. All it takes is one over-entitled dousche claiming some conspiracy theory to be true, and a lot of others just follow suit without questioning anything and just bash the developer or the game for no good reason. Hell, some pages back I even saw a dude saying CDPR does not deserve his money for "slapping the PC fanbase in the face" by not releasing the patch right now.

Calm down, try not to get so euphoric over nothing and wait, people. CDPR is constantly assuring us they are working on it and doing their best. It will be out when it's out, and no ammount of crap you can say will change that. Sit down, play other games, go watch some TV and one day the patch will be here. Stop acting like little children.

---------- Updated at 01:12 AM ----------

So that's your problem. Nobody forced you to do it. They will release the patch when it's done. Sit down and wait. Geez.

Totally agree.

Do you want the patch done right, or do you want it rushed out to satisfy some arbitrary timescale that you imagined up?

Looks like several individuals have very boring lives if literally the only thing they have going for them is waiting on a game patch.

I think CDPR have done a fantastic job, and I thank them for making such an extensive patch in the first place, rather than rushing a half-fix out.

I just woke up and wondered why my PS4 Fan was running. When I checked on it, I was surprised by a nearly completed 7,6 GB patch download. Since I'm working with DSL speeds around 6000 kb/s, the download must've started around 5 or 6 am. I didn't even think about the patch to be honest. Really wish for all you other guys that it'll be released soon in your country / on your platform.

Oh its out? Thats perfect. Its 7 gigs so it should be done in half an hour. Awesome that means I can play when I get home.

Tell me one simple thing.... what do they gain from holding it back on purpose?

They're attempting to raise their profile amongst console gamers, and promote the console version of the game... you might be able to say that was nonsense IF they hadn't pushed pc parity with the console release by toning down the pc's graphics and pushed console preorder exclusive bonuses that they did not want the pc release to get... their actions show quite clearly (you wanted evidence) that this is what they're working towards.
everything ive said is

a. The patch notes don't include any "pc specific fixes" so you are just making that up
b. Waiting for console certification is out of CDPR hands, making pc gamers wait just to make console gamers happy is not, it is a decision they made.
c. Those "new features" were done a while ago, before they were sent to console certification, is not like you can add anything after you sent the patch for certification, so, they were already done with them at least a week or so ago.
d. i guess every dev become like this when they grow big enough, and everyone was praising cdpr back when witcher 2 was release, the irony.

I agree with you. Also to add on to your points, just because CDPR says so then it must be truth and correct?. People need to think for themselves. Do you think CDPR will openly admit they downgraded the game because they simply cant lie anymore when there few hundreds of pages and dozens of closed Downgrade threads? Come on, people can think for themselves. White knights need not defend CDPR.

Edited For clarity

Last edited:
Totally agree.

Do you want the patch done right, or do you want it rushed out to satisfy some arbitrary timescale that you imagined up?

Looks like several individuals have very boring lives if literally the only thing they have going for them is waiting on a game patch.

I think CDPR have done a fantastic job, and I thank them for making such an extensive patch in the first place, rather than rushing a half-fix out.

I DON'T agree if I was "Euphoric" I would be happy I.E the 1.07 Patch would be here and it's not so I'm not - I'm annoyed.

Below you can see the official patch notes directly from my PS4

The alternate control method actually feels very good. It works in a similar way as the original one, but it feels more responsive in combat.

you can also see in this screens the new inventory options, including the stash, the new tab for books (that grays out the ones you already read), the fact that crafting ingredients now weigh zero, the new sorting options and the ability to pin recipes and diagrams. The handy storage stash is easy to find, as it’s indicated by icons on the map.

few more impressions so far on Ps4:

- Music in the Main Menu is fixed. Sounds fine now
- Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure changing tabs in the inventory is bit faster now
- Stash is great. Between that and the fact that alechemy and crafting component no longer have weight I went from carrying 140 to 68.
- Spent some time with Roach. Encountered none of his annoying random stops, though it might just have been luck (I just rode around for a few minutes)
- Framerate in Novigrad is still not perfect but there is a notorious improvement specially during the night. That's also true for other towns at night (seems like torches and fire in general no longer have such a big impact on framerate)

missing the point like a champion. The issue was NEVER that it WAS downgraded (hell, downgrades happen all the time) - the issue was that cdpr LIED about it just to protect their prepurchase profits... they very specifically told us that there was NO downgrade and that the early video represented what we would get... why can you not understand that it was cdpr's habit of LYING that is the issue, not the thing that they lied ABOUT... same issue here.. its not that the patch is late that is the problem, its the LIES that cdpr is telling us about WHY it isn't out yet that is the cause of so much frustration.

People are way too pugnacious about this, there's a stark difference between outright "LIES" and a product changing from conception to delivery. There's plenty of reasons there might have been a downgrade in graphics, and anyone who really cares can get those back anyway through mods and tweaking. It's not missing the point so much as it is dancing around it sticking my tongue out because it's a silly point.

Honestly people, untie your emotions for a minute and quit letting your impatience type for you and think. What purpose would a company possibly have to be twirling their evil mustaches plotting ways to lie to you and screw over their own userbase? Better yet don't think of an answer, I'm sure we have enough crack conspiracies in this forum to last us awhile.

There is zero evidence to suggest that a blatant lie occurred. At worst we can accuse them of pulling a Molyneux and comment on something that didn't make the final cut but there's no evidence that Marcin knew any better at the time those words are spoken. It's like going back and calling a new mother a liar for giving birth to a girl when she had insisted the whole time it was a boy.

You people are as bad as Radovid with your witch burnings.

a. how do you know? have you experienced every single thing the patch fixes, so you know for sure that they all happen on every platform? it is entirely possible (and indeed, probable) that some of those issues are only one one platform.

And I was wrong, we do have official word on it - "We don't only fix general bugs and improve many features with 1.07, but we also fix issues specific to the platforms; of course including the PC. This means that while some platforms might be in the process of certification, the work on the others continues."

There you go. makes a load more sense than all these idiotic conspiracy theories that all basically rely on CDPR just wanting to make us mad so their console bros can have a laugh, which is ludicrously stupid.

b. see above.

c. see above again.

d. have some cheese to go with that whine.

Top Bottom