Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
I'm playing with the new patch on PC (1.07). Roach wont sprint anymore when I double tap and hold down left shift. I've tried both movement methods and double checked my key bindings. He'll only gallop when I hold down left shift, but wont sprint like he used to when I double tap it.

Anyone else have the same issue? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Resolved thanks to Brogan80. Just needed to rest or reload.

Last edited:
Patch 1.07 is a mess for me performance wise. I'll miss the cool new storage and Ciri armour but it's not worth it.

I rolled backed to 1.06, new saves are useless and no Ciri Armour DLC, but performance is great again.

I went to the same Spot in the swamp I was in last night and instead of my fps bouncing around in the 40's it was now back in the mid 70s.
The spot is just south of Frischlow in Velen, there's a treasure and you can use the magic lamp; if anyone wants to head there.

Full Ultra settings inc Hairworks and HBAO+ at 1440p with system in my signature. Running Afterburner for 3 hours on each to graph performance.

Patch 1.06 FPS
Min 62
Avg 74
Max 86

Patch 1.07
Min FPS 42
Avg 66
Max 94

It's extremely inconsistent with an overall lowering in performance and lots of lag spikes.

I've also had 7 crashes/freezes in the game. Once when quick travelling and the rest all during cutscenes/dialogue.

Also the Magic Lamp marker is still bugged in Frischlow as well, the ghost will forever just hit rocks with his pickaxe.

I also cant adjust Mouse sensitivity in Patch 1.07, and I had to go into the config files to change it from 1 - 0.5 to make it playable.

Last edited:
I'm playing with the new patch on PC (1.07). Roach wont sprint anymore when I double tap and hold down left shift. I've tried both movement methods and double checked my key bindings. He'll only gallop when I hold down left shift, but wont sprint like he used to when I double tap it.
Anyone else have the same issue? Or is it just me?
No, I didn't have this problem; (I have my shortcut assigned to the right arrow) perhaps you should try to reassign to another keyboard just to check if this is working, and go back to default?

I've got my 30 fps rock solid back simply editing again the rendering.ini as it was before...on every new patch released the user.setting and rendering.ini changed (some new settings or some settings removed) so you have to copy your old values...try it.

its been mentioned already.....
go to bin / 64
and change dsound.dll to dsound2.dll
that gets rid of the error message

Got the patch on Steam. Funny, there's a pop up box now saying some count error always when you start the game, but the game still launches and works. But if you close that error dialogue box the game also closes down. New patch bug lol

If anyone has issues with stash chests not showing, I've found that saving and reloading shows them. I had a issue where the only visible chest was in white orchard but after saving and reloading they were all visible.

I have been looking forward to a lot of the fixes with this patch but there are serious performance issues now. I play on PS4 and I noticed that trees in the game world look incomplete or extremely low resolution. Almost all people have lost facial features and have no shading. I went to The Rosemary and Thyme yesterday, and the whole convo with Dandelion was awful. His face looks featureless and so did the bodies of the strumpets in the building. Not only that everything moved really slow. Their heads, mouths, and gestures were all very slow. Walls seem to have lost texture resolution and look very dated and lighting from cutscene to gameplay isn't always accruate.

So now I have to reconfigure the graphic and game settings every single time I leave the game, that's pretty annoying.
Also I think there's a huge problem with ambiant occlusion or shadows, there is no impact of shadows or lighting anymore, the game looks flat.
Playing on pc of course, already verified the files integrity.

Last edited:
So now I have to reconfigure the graphic and game settings every single time I leave the game, that's pretty annoying.
Also I think there's a huge problem with ambiant occlusion or shadows, there is no impact of shadows or lighting anymore, the game looks flat.
Playing on pc of course, already verified the files integrity.

Go into your My Documents and Witcher 3 folder, right click user.settings file and untick Read Only at the bottom.
There's a bug that makes the file Read Only so the game can't write your new settings to it.

Go into your My Documents and Witcher 3 folder, right click user.settings file and untick Read Only at the bottom.
There's a bug that makes the file Read Only so the game can't write your new settings to it.
Thanks, it was strange because all the good settings were in the config files but in game it reverted to somthing else, so I left them in read only at first.

Also thanks for the new level cap for witcher armors, now I can't wear my cat armor and I have nothing else to wear...
Stupid move really.

Uk PS4 wont be getting the patch today, nobody in the Uk works on a sunday unless your hospital, police or fireman. Someone will of forgotten to press the right button because on a Friday the lets finish early mentality is rife :(

Steam (Germany) presented me the patch today... and it is so great, so far. The mutagen bug is gone, the inventory is much better with books in their own category... even the loading times are much shorter now.

Thank you so much, CDPR. :)

I don't mind getting the patch a few days late, but if it's not going to be released today a comfirmation would be appreciated so I don't have to check every other hour.

Rather have one big dissappointment than numerous small ones throughout the day. :p

I do kind of mind, i was expecting to be able to play the game over the weekend but i strongly agree that there should be some update on what exactly is going on because there was a sticky about there being problems by the staff but they have removed that and now there is pretty much no new information!!! Not pleased!

Uk PS4 wont be getting the patch today, nobody in the Uk works on a sunday unless your hospital, police or fireman. Someone will of forgotten to press the right button because on a Friday the lets finish early mentality is rife :(

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. We'll not see it until Wednesday. Kinda shocked we've not seen any updates from either sony or CDPR on this issue actually.

I don't know what's annoying me more that PS4 UK hasn't got the patch or the lack of any updates and info regarding it.

Bug found: In the quest "Hey, You Wanna Look At My Stuff?", when I track down and find the merchant, he just stands still and I can't talk or interact with him at all.

Top Bottom