Patch 1.12 out now!

+
Wow.. some people are pretty picky for a game that is by far the most beautiful when it comes to graphics and detail I've seen to date. Who cares if a mug and cloth hang in the air or trees off in the distance pop in and out. Just enjoy the game and maybe look at the positives.

This is the first RPG type game I have EVER played right thru. A great story, great characters and like I mentioned above- graphics and details. The little glitches I don't even acknowledge, not sure why it's a big deal.

I'm just hoping the quest glitches are fixed so I can continue on. Good job guys.

It may be too early to ask, but I wonder if/when a patch 1.13 is planned, and if it would contain any significant changes other than fixes. Although I guess that might not happen until Blood and Wine is released, which is probably the top priority right now.

The major issue at the moment that would really need a patch is the problem that some people have with the quest related to wolf school equipment : they just can't grab the equipment at all. Even if nowadays not many people faces this issue (I personally don't have the issue), they are really sad and we can understand them.

Apart from that, the game is now well polished (yes, I've read above... ;)) and the next patch will probably be launched just before Blood and Wine.

A Question?

I was just wondering if theres been any news about future patchs/updates it has been a while since the last patch I know CDPR are working on Cyber Punk and Blood & Wine but months without news of patches is disheartning.

@BobZilla84 - no there hasn't been a specific date announced, but they're definitely working on one, as can be seen from the Tech Support team's involvement in the Tech Support forum.

hmmm... GOG Galaxy just "updated" and downloaded some 110MB to Witcher 3 (it is stuck at 99.4% of "moving" files. I'll have to do it again I guess)
Is that a pre-release Expansion patch of some sort? 110 MB is not the Expansion I can tell but is not just a hot fix too, is it?
-
Edit: Well, stuck at 100% moving now... Hate that! hahaha
-
Edit: Can't get the update to install if my life depended on it. Stuck and retry all the time. Tried everything but to flush Galaxy's cache. Not sure how to do it though.

Last edited:
hmmm... GOG Galaxy just "updated" and downloaded some 110MB to Witcher 3 (it is stuck at 99.4% of "moving" files. I'll have to do it again I guess)
Is that a pre-release Expansion patch of some sort? 110 MB is not the Expansion I can tell but is not just a hot fix too, is it?

It is probably just something related to integration with GOG Galaxy, as there was no update on Steam, and on GOG TW2 also received a similar update. The pre-expansion patch will likely be larger. ;)

I know I sound like a broken record, but can CDPR fix the wolf gear bug, pretty please?:confusion:

There's a wolf gear bug? That's the first I'm hearing of it. Maybe you're on a different platform than me. I played TW3 on the PS4 and didn't encounter any problems with that gear set. The Bear School is a different story, though.

It is probably just something related to integration with GOG Galaxy, as there was no update on Steam, and on GOG TW2 also received a similar update. The pre-expansion patch will likely be larger. ;)
You're right. When I finally got it to install it said 1.12.1, January. So much expectation.. hehe

Today GOG wants to download 2.7GB update for Witcher 3. What is that? Maybe preparetions for expansion?

Does anyone know how long CDPR will keep supporting The Witcher 3? When can we expect the final patch/update to release for The Witcher 3? I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet as I'm waiting for the final patch to release for it and then I'll do my first playthrough of it! :smile:

Does anyone know how long CDPR will keep supporting The Witcher 3? When can we expect the final patch/update to release for The Witcher 3? I haven't played The Witcher 3 yet as I'm waiting for the final patch to release for it and then I'll do my first playthrough of it! :smile:

Till the end of 2016. Thats for sure :)

Oh no.. i avoided 1.12 because i read it updated scripts again, and 1.11 was perfect. There's going to be a new patch again for the expansion right? Bugger.

All throughout 2015 up until January of 2016, there averaged about one patch every month or so. Yet it's now been four months since the last patch. I only started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time like a month ago, so maybe I'm out of the loop - has CDPR said anything about their patch intentions since 1.12?

All throughout 2015 up until January of 2016, there averaged about one patch every month or so. Yet it's now been four months since the last patch. I only started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time like a month ago, so maybe I'm out of the loop - has CDPR said anything about their patch intentions since 1.12?

1.12.1 was the last patch. There was also a fairly long delay before it came out, and they timed the patch to be just before HoS. Based on that, I'd expect there to be another patch within the next 2 weeks, shortly before B&W comes out.

1.12.1 was the last patch. There was also a fairly long delay before it came out, and they timed the patch to be just before HoS. Based on that, I'd expect there to be another patch within the next 2 weeks, shortly before B&W comes out.

Correct. According to @Marcin Momot , a patch will be arriving sometime 'closer to the release of B&W' (Source: Twitter), but the exact date is still unknown.

Do we know if they intend to patch anything in the main game with the upcoming patch, or just HoS stuff? Also, after B&W do they intend on not patching the game any more?

I've never understood why developers declare a patch to be the final patch. No one can know what bugs will be revealed in the future!

Top Bottom