Patch 1.12 out now!

+
This type of error is usually due to corrupt data files, either because something went wrong during the download or, if you're on PC, because of conflicts with mods. Verify the files on Steam/Galaxy, whichever applies.

Today it works somehow... Related question: where I can find that man from the cage now, (person in distress, between Mulbrydale and Lindenvale)? I wonder, what he can offer me

Other quests generating XP. Perhaps the issue was either for a quest started before 1.12 or completing a quest that was marked "light red" wrt difficulty level.

None of this helped. I have also encountered unkilable enemies in Whoreson's lair (the bandits just kept standing even if their heades were cut-off on the ground), their health bar with 0 life, but still visible... Not sure if I should play further, or wait (I'm afraid to loose gameplay if CDPR will fix somehow that).
Not sure if this will help you personally but in previous patches using the gog version of the game, having unkillable enemies was a result of not having BOTH patches installed from GOG.com. (you need the main patch AND the DLC patch)

So if you're using the (stand-alone) gog version of the game, be sure to install the patch.v1.12 file AND the Free DLC Program (16 DLC) v1.12 file.

Last edited:
The scabbard saga continues! Ciri is missing hers in the scene with Phillipa and Margarita in 1.12

Let's drink to that!:threaten:

The scabbard saga continues! Ciri is missing hers in the scene with Phillipa and Margarita in 1.12

Let's drink to that!:threaten:

Well that sucks for console players :(

At least the PC players can just download the awesome scabbard mod that gives scabbards to all npcs; not just witchers.

Today it works somehow... Related question: where I can find that man from the cage now, (person in distress, between Mulbrydale and Lindenvale)? I wonder, what he can offer me
He should wander to Mulbrydale and work as a smith of some kind there.

@nolankotulan;
I see your point pal and I partially agree with that. sometimes I feel that they don't actually listen to players as much as they claim; but this is just one side of the situation. we must accept that CDPR isn't that large in number and their resources and man power are limited. I think than's why they're having difficult times with simultaneous tasks.

By the way: is it just my wrong impresion, or signs really "works slower"? I mean, it looks like to cast sign takes a bit longer period of time than before patch 1.12?
i used to "spam" Quen, now it looks like it is not so easy

Well that sucks for console players :(

At least the PC players can just download the awesome scabbard mod that gives scabbards to all npcs; not just witchers.

Yeah.

P.S You know what, 1.12 arrived nearly at the end of my playthrough, and I was playing with scabbard fix mod, which includes Ciri(god, every time I have to write "Ciri", my teeth cringe). It may be that "Ciri" is missing her scabbard in more than just one scene.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help you personally but in previous patches using the gog version of the game, having unkillable enemies was a result of not having BOTH patches installed from GOG.com. (you need the main patch AND the DLC patch)

So if you're using the (stand-alone) gog version of the game, be sure to install the patch.v1.12 file AND the Free DLC Program (16 DLC) v1.12 file.

I have the same situation - I downloaded the game from GOG but on my Witcher 3 page I don't have this DLC patch, only main game patch. Where to find it? And what to do with it? I don't need all 16 free DLC, I mainly use quests and now these guests are bugged.

Also, DLC HoS is also 1.12 - I must download it AGAIN?

Actually, it is the question to GOG themselves - why it is so unclear what to do? Is it how they promote their Galaxy - by making manual installing impossible?

Last edited:
I have the same situation - I downloaded the game from GOG but on my Witcher 3 page I don't have this DLC patch, only main game patch. Where to find it? And what to do with it? I don't need all 16 free DLC, I mainly use quests and now these guests are bugged.

Also, DLC HoS is also 1.12 - I must download it AGAIN?

Actually, it is the question to GOG themselves - why it is so unclear what to do? Is it how they promote their Galaxy - by making manual installing impossible?
You have to install the DLC v1.12 regardless of whether you have the DLC already installed or not.
I Don't have HoS, but I assume you'll need to install that also.

Here is how I do it.
1: Go to www.gog.com
2: Login to your gog account
3: On the top right of the page point at ACCOUNT and then select LIBRARY from the drop down menu that appears.
4: On the next screen that appears....Under the MY COLLECTION heading... click on Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
5: All downloads/updates/Extras should appear.

Hello. I can't climb up or down at all ladders there are in the game agter the new update.
I've treid changing the position of the Burton. I've also tried to load an ild save but it did not help.
Hoping there are some who have an idea what the error is?

You have to install the DLC v1.12 regardless of whether you have the DLC already installed or not.
I Don't have HoS, but I assume you'll need to install that also.

Can anyone else confirm you need to reinstall all the 1.12 DLC as well? I installed only the main patch file from GOG (I have the free DLC and HoS)... played for a few hours last night and didn't see any oddities.

The indicator still doesn't show up, even when using the oiled sword.

When I patched the game from 1.11 to 1.12 the oil indicator showed up for me (first playthrough).
Started a NG+ after finishing the game and now the indicator no longer shows up.

Additionally, the talent Deadly Precision no longer procs for me in NG+. Whether or not this is intended by design, the talent is totally useless like this. Shame, really liked it.

Will 1.13 be out before B&W?

I guess there will be at least one more patch before BaW to prepare the game for any new features in the expansion, similarly to patch 1.10 that was released a few days before Hearts of Stone. Maybe the version will be increased to 1.20 this time. If there are still several months until the expansion, there could also be another update before the pre-BaW patch (e.g. 1.13 in March, then 1.14/1.20 in May, followed shortly by the expansion).

Last edited:
I guess there will be at least one more patch before BaW to prepare the game for any new features in the expansion, similarly to patch 1.10 that was released a few days before Hearts of Stone. Maybe the version will be increased to 1.20 this time. If there are still several months until the expansion, there could also be another update before the pre-BaW patch (e.g. 1.13 in March, then 1.14/1.20 in May, followed shortly by the expansion).

I hope so, but considering patch 1.12 took almost 3 month.

Last edited:

I tought in the same way the last days but then I remember the statement by CDPR that BaW will not be released in the first quarter of the year instead in the first half of the year... That wouldn't be necessary if BaW will be released in the next days... But it would be more than perfect if the the release will be tomorrow... ;)

@CoconutChriss

Yes there were always two bodies... One guy of Dijkstra and one of Dandelion...

Last edited:
I am wondering about a possible change in 1.12 (or 1.11?) - It's about the quest "Count Reuven's Treasure"

Was there always a second victim in the poisonous fog which Geralt identifies as part of Dandelion's heist group? The voice of Geralt's English voice actor sounds suspiciously rough here, as if the "new" lines were recorded later, when he was sick or a completely different voice actor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom