Patch 3.1 Overview

+
I would have preferred a direct hit to SY and its ability to bank value and then decide how to spend it.

SY rarely suffers from dead cards in hand because if an ability is not useful, they simply use the coins somewhere else. You just have to play around they either buffing their minions, picking your board apart with bounties or stealing your main engine / big minion. Easy, right? After the nerf to gimpy, they also have the best board damage in the game in case you decide to go wide.

I for one do not the idea of buffing cards to compensate for a problem that was introduced by a faction that does not need to care about rows, whose units have a "zeal aura" and whose strategy can be easily adapted because they do not invest points in the cards, but in a safe pocket where it cannot be disrupted as the cards are played. Fence can even bank on the coins and do not deplete the amount!

I am hoping that all five nerfed cards are SY cards and they all get their provision cost set so high that it is impossible to play the best cards and Royal Decree + Renew, because just one Sigi is clearly not enough.

If more cards have zeal from the start there isn't any necessarity for other means to get zeal. And I bet, Foltest will get his Zeal removed, too, which will be really big buff for NR, because now cards with order don't have to be balanced around Foltest anymore.

They were actually one of the worst cards NR had, together with Kyan. Thanks to those few cards, the value of a single charge was so huge, that giving a charge to a unit, which got only 1 point out of a charge, was worthless, except if all better units had been removed already.
From what we have seen, they likely changed every engine that gets reliable more than 1 value out of a charge, such that the basic value of a charge becomes 1 and more value is conditional.

By the way, what are the bets on the 4 changed leaders?
-I'm pretty sure of Foltest and Adda are changed. Foltest due to Zeal and Adda due to heavy removal no longer having a place in NR
-I doubt it will be Calanthe or Demavend, as Calanthe is too new to be changed in my opinion. And Demavend should be a lot more balanced and healthy now, so I see no need to change him.
-Meve might be too good with more inspiration interactions, but I doubt that she changes
-Henselt might change as there isn't that much synergy with him and the faction, but he is useful and used
-Woodland and Eredin could be potential candidates too in my opinion
-or Francesca as she is another leader limitting design space and they are moving away from a big special card archetype and more towards giving each faction a small special card archetype

I'm calling it now. One of the leaders will either be giving shields or have some other synergy with shields!

I really enjoy this new take, buff instead of nerf. I really like the NR buffs but im a bit scared of the damage nerfs, will be pretty hard to cancel engines. Perhaps lock will get more play but most factions do not have that many lockoptions.

really, really happy with what we saw in the patch preview so far:

-less direct dmg and sturdier bodies
-less binary engines (smal value without conditions, higher with conditons met)
-change to the broken engine machanics like roche:merciles and foltests pride (which makes me believe the rest will be changed aswell)
-lorefriendly cardideas
-focus on good positioning and movement

cant wait for the patchnotes today and the patch on wednesday!
thanks for having the guts to actually rework older cards! I think this is the biggest advantage digital card games have, but its shied away from because players gone from the game for to long would not recognise them anymore.. but lets be honest: these poeple dont carry the game - do they?
I think its realy important to not have dead cards that are totally unplayable. in a digital card game every card should have a reason to exist.

really, really happy with what we saw in the patch preview so far:

-less direct dmg and sturdier bodies
-less binary engines (smal value without conditions, higher with conditons met)
-change to the broken engine machanics like roche:merciles and foltests pride (which makes me believe the rest will be changed aswell)
-lorefriendly cardideas
-focus on good positioning and movement

cant wait for the patchnotes today and the patch on wednesday!
thanks for having the guts to actually rework older cards! I think this is the biggest advantage digital card games have, but its shied away from because players gone from the game for to long would not recognise them anymore.. but lets be honest: these poeple dont carry the game - do they?
I think its realy important to not have dead cards that are totally unplayable. in a digital card game every card should have a reason to exist.

I will be shaking my head yet again if they don't do something with Lambert Swordsmaster......

... thanks for having the guts to actually rework older cards!
... that nobody used, cause they were lazy, trash design, sure. Took them 9 months.

... because players gone from the game for to long would not recognise them anymore.. but lets be honest: these poeple dont carry the game - do they?...
But they did carried it for two straight years. Now, when the game is left with "vast" amount of smarmy "yes, man" it is blossoming among rainbows and unicorns.

... and the devs are returning and implementing suggestions from those same people that left and will (most likely) never return.

:shrug:

I will be shaking my head yet again if they don't do something with Lambert Swordsmaster......

Well they did say that the changes will continue over the next patches, so not everything will be changed right away. But yes, that card definately should change and so does the witcher trio

Looking forward to it! I like most of what was said in the stream. Not super fond of the new foltest pride but understandable that it needed a change if their goal was to overall reduce removal.
Dijkstra looks like a better Gudrun though, but maybe its provisions will balance him. Do we know already how many he'll have? It's be nice to have a SY leader with different provisions than 15-16. I can see a 12 or 13 for him.

Does anyone know when we can expect the full list of changes? Usually they come with the patch, which if it matches the end of the season should be tomorrow? I'm just eager to look at new deck possibilities :p

Looking forward to it! I like most of what was said in the stream. Not super fond of the new foltest pride but understandable that it needed a change if their goal was to overall reduce removal.
Dijkstra looks like a better Gudrun though, but maybe its provisions will balance him. Do we know already how many he'll have? It's be nice to have a SY leader with different provisions than 15-16. I can see a 12 or 13 for him.

Does anyone know when we can expect the full list of changes? Usually they come with the patch, which if it matches the end of the season should be tomorrow? I'm just eager to look at new deck possibilities :p
He'll have 15 Prov. (Source: DevilDriven from reddit)

Thanks for the reply! I watched the video at work (I won't tell if you don't) so tried to keep the volume down so I missed this part XD

15 provisions? Whoa, I would have thought less. Ok, let's see then.
Post automatically merged:

On yesterday's video, they said the patch notes would be coming "tomorrow". So, today.

Edit: Damn, double ninjaed. :p
Haha yeah, I guess everybody is excited and getting ready for when they drop !

... that nobody used, cause they were lazy, trash design, sure. Took them 9 months.
Still takes Courage - No other digital CG does that. You are being unnecessarily negative.

But they did carried it for two straight years. Now, when the game is left with "vast" amount of smarmy "yes, man" it is blossoming among rainbows and unicorns.

... and the devs are returning and implementing suggestions from those same people that left and will (most likely) never return.

I did not once mention beta players, I was comparing to how other games like HS handle the situation, because casuals, who only play the game every other month, are frustrated about their decks which no longer work.
But I can understand your frustration, still you should remember that not everyone automatically tries to talk you down and instead appreciate how they are not afraid to face their mistakes and learn. That way, with enough changes, you will be able to enjoy the game again aswell.

Also I don't believe that they foremost listen to the suggestions of beta players. Since as you said, most won't ever return. Instead they look at the games, the meta and Data and draw their own conclusions. Most likely backed by the opinions of their active player base.

Almost every engine now starts at 4 base power and the average damage now is between 1 - 3 only. Engines taking off everywhere. RIP to the likes of Sweers i guess.

Top Bottom