Perspective Thread: Third Person vs First Person debate goes HERE.

+

What type of games do you play?

• I prefer FPP games

• I prefer FPP games (but I want TPP in CP2077)

• I prefer TPP games

• I prefer TPP games (but I want FPP in CP2077)

• I like both (but I want FPP in CP2077)

• I like both (but I want TPP in CP2077)

• I have no preference

• I have NEVER completed a FPP game due to motion sickness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion Third Person view is better for shooters with an advanced cover system. Of course First Person view is very useful in tight situations where there is no room for the camera or something has to be examined closely. You know what would be the best for the game community? If Cyberpunk 2077 supported both FPP and TPP and the user could switch between them anytime with one button. Just like the way Skyrim works.

Why not give us the option to toggle between first person and 3rd person. So that everyone is happy. I can agree that first person is better in close combat. But after watching the game-play demo I personally get more emerge in 3rd person than first person. The game gets tired to the eyes at some point.
Also we got some badass main protagonists that we can customize. I will find this very unfortunate if I can not see my character.

Last edited:
After seeing the gameplay I think the game looks incredible and even though I vastly prefer third person perspective the path CDPR has chosen to go down looks awesome...even if it isn't what I wanted and would have preferred. It looks a hell of a lot more fun than Deus X which I find boring and non immersive but I personally would have gone with a camera system like Metal Gear Solid V where the best of both worlds can be experienced.

I'm purchasing the game day one regardless but is it too late to add third person perspective as an option? With the option for third person perspective I and many other gamers I'm sure will be able to get much more enjoyment out of the game than if we're limited only to one option.

After seeing the gameplay I can say that:

1) I felt sick, literally.
2) It feels nothing like an RPG.
3) It is probably much less innovative than CDPR thought.
4) It is very very beautiful.
5) I saw no reason to not have the TPP.

It seems to be a Story-Driven Shooter, like Far Cry or Deus Ex franchise somehow. But this outcome was so obviously predicted that is amazing.

I LOVED the game play demo and i'm really hyped about it , but still i would vastly preffer TPP over FPP . to me , watching my character do cool things is fun and i don't agree with the immersive argument , the most immersive game i've ever played was hellblade: senuas sacrefice and that was TPP game , in that game , i felt as she was feeling and i felt like i was her , not as someone watching her despite the game telling you otherwise. so yea CDPR has done something amazing with this game , and people like me who believe in them will buy this game no matter what , the gameplay demo was all that i ever thought it would be knowing about the FPP , and it was amazing , still i feel like i would enjoy it even more if i could see my character doing those awesome moves with his blades and seeing him being cool and i don't think that would change my immersion.

After the gameplay reveal,I think all doubts about the camera choice are diminished.
Not at all, lacking choice of TPP was THE ONLY negative part of the demo. Melee and agile movement felt off-putting and not satisfying. Everything else, great. Being stuck to FPP, bad. If anything, the demo affirmed exactly what I was saying before. Bad melee and bad parkour.

The demo looked amazing. I was excited to see how well the "style over substance" rule was used, and how neon the city would be, and it literally is perfect. I wanted to see all kinds of colorful styles in a neon lit city. After seeing the demo though, it only strengthened my suggestion for having both perspectives an options. Because of people saying first person would be near impossible, I was expecting the HUD to have all sorts of crazy things that would look awkward in third person, but none of it seemed to be. At the part where V jacked into one of the enemies, it looked like something that could be done regardless of what perspective, and the only things that were really in your face were a portion of the cut scenes, and the damage numbers. After seeing how amazing this was, I feel like an option between the two would make a lot of sense.

And for all of them it's very cheaply added and not the main perspective. They have 3rd person but they are not made as 3rd person games, it's just an optional addition, making them essentially first person RPGs.

If you want to rationalize it like that, and make the assumption all of them are "cheaply made" (whatever that means), you are free to do so. However, the fact remains, they all have fully functional 3rd person, can be fully played in 3rd person, and the 3rd person perspective plays a large part in the longevity of their games, via mods that enhance the visual appearance of the main character.

So after seeing the gameplay footage that they recently dropped, I have to say.. really not impressed at all. I mean, the game looks awesome, but really? You talked all that hype about how necessary the first-person view was for immersion because 'omg you can SEE what V sees on their EYE HUD!' and at the end of the day what was presented was.. the freaking UI/HUD from the Batman Arkham games. Really.

Add to that I got freakin' nauseous just from watching someone else play the game, so hurray for that hot mess. Also the slow-mo drug thing looks dull as hammers in first-person. Third-person you coulda pulled some Max Payne-lookin' stunts with that drek.

I’m back here again after watching a surprisingly wonderful move by CDPR to show us a gameplay. I don’t like to explain more about the details as I’m astonished of what I saw from this world based on what my character can see in the world (FPP).

My only advice would be to add an option of Third Person View from the game and balances it out with First Person.

Example:
Tight Areas from the world & environment will automatically go in First Person and have an option to make the camera go in First Person anytime. Third Person “must be” the main ingredient to deliver the immersions in most of us.

Make Cyberpunk 2077 FPP works along well (automatically switches) in Story/Cinematic and TPP in Exploration/Character Diversity.

Combat work well in First so make both perspective work as well. First Person Combat is great to have in tight places while generic in Third Person.

Work a lot to collaborate for both perspective to make the players to be inside of the game and stuck them at 70% FPP and 30% TPP (including Cinematic and Character Creations). Balance it out and maybe some people won’t going to see it to be restricted for them in some way scenarios. Good Reference why Elder Scrolls become successful toward influencing Role Players despite there generic combat system that’s why I wish Cyberpunk 2077 could do that as well so everyone can be happy.

The demo was beautiful. Also, it suggests to me that the game demoed may not be for me (which is OK, but since you asked...), no matter how attracted I may be by the setting and the world (I had no knowledge of the particular tabletop RPG before I heard about this game, but I enjoy books, films and series of this subgenre.).

I'm not strictly a Third-Person player, but I can't stand First-person for too long.

I disagree with the official line that FP is the way to go because of immersion. Most important thing, for me, is and always will be the story. That's what will drag me in. Doesn't matter if the game is in FP (or TP) if the world is not fully interactable. Now, from what we were showed, this game seems to have a decent amount of that, which is good.

And honestly, most of the time FP is actually immersion breaking. I have no idea how the world is through other people's eyes, but my eyes' lens seems to be always much wider than what games portray. It always seems to me that a chunk of the world, as I see it, is missing. I have the expectation for it to be there and it is not.

It may well be that this is too late to happen (or that, no matter how early or late, it's a final decision), but I wish the devs would reconsider and have TPP. It would change this to be a game I would have to watch some footage and maybe play a demo before buying, to a game I would pre-order as soon as that was available.

The demo was truly impressive, especially the amount of detail in the world, CDPR knows how to do them.

Loved the gun design and all the tech around, lots of quality animations aswell and that part where V walks for a short while through the city with all the people walkin by was amazing, you can tell they truly put their hearts into this.. but that fp view has completely put me off.
This is first and foremost an fps and i have never been a fan of these, sadly this is a pass for me.

Basically i feel like the game is a lot less immersive than witcher 3, simply because there's always only one camera angle - the players. To me it makes things a lot less dramatic or grandiose when I'm at eye level of everything all the time, or getting shoved super close to people's faces constantly. I would much rather have witcher 3 style dialog scenes where we can see our character and they actually have movement to them, like shifting their hands or cocking their head or pursing their lips. From what i saw in the demo, pretty much ALL of the dialogue cutscenes just looked like a camera pointed at someone. I didn't care about my character because i can't see them or see their reactions on their face from being thrown against a car. It's just a blank emotionless camera. Witcher 3on the other hand showed not only emotions and reactions of characters you interacted with, but also of Geralt himself. So please, consider at least adding this as an option for dialog. I want to be able to see the character ive spent time creating and customizing.

You said you wanted feedback and nothing is final. Well here's my biggest issue with what was shown and if i wanted anything added, it would be a 3rd person dialog camera. I even had a suggestion in the discord to make there be an upgrade i could get that's a microscopic nanite bot that floats behind you to be a 3rd person camera, but you have to buy it in game. So it doesn't break the "immersion" rule, even though i don't find 1st person more immersive.

That is all. Thanks for reading.

I'm used to seeing my character then the view of just hand on guns . I play mostly rpg and startegy games , so moving pawns or seeing my character mostly . But I do not mind the view in this game though . Sure it gonna take some getting used to it . And get a few headech lol cose stuff seem to happen a bit fast and you don't have a big view of the field ahead of you .

The only nagging I have would be , why we don't have a mini-map ? unless I missed it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom