Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the specs for upcoming game like Assassin's Creed Unity
Minimum PC Specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
6 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card
Recommended PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card
Additionally, the following requirements must be met:
Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)
DirectX Version 11
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
50 GB available HDD space
I'd say we can expect the witcher 3 to require at least those and maybe even higher cpu and gpu to run with ultra settings.

Look at the specs for upcoming game like Assassin's Creed Unity
Minimum PC Specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
6 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card
Recommended PC Specs:
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card
Additionally, the following requirements must be met:
Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)
DirectX Version 11
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
50 GB available HDD space
I'd say we can expect the witcher 3 to require at least those and maybe even higher cpu and gpu to run with ultra settings.

I'm guessing ACU is just very badly optimized and thats why it requires so much

Those requirements are insane, don't pay attention to them.
In what world is a GTX680, a top end card considered minimum and a GTX780 recommended? The power difference between those two cards is like 15-20% at best. It's just incredibly stupid. They're just 1 year apart, the difference is minuscule.

I was thinking about switching to a WD Velociraptor instead. :)
And it costs an arm and a leg and still isn't nearly as fast as SSDs.. :/

My recommendation if you have around $250 (what a 1TB velociraptor costs) hard drive budget would be these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148820&cm_re=mx100-_-20-148-820-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=western_digital_black-_-22-236-624-_-Product

You could install your OS and still have plenty of space to install those games that do benefit from the higher read speeds of SSDs, and still have a fast 2TB HDD for everything else.

Last edited:
Those requirements are insane, don't pay attention to them.
In what world is a GTX680, a top end card considered minimum and a GTX780 recommended? The power difference between those two cards is like 15-20% at best. It's just incredibly stupid. They're just 1 year apart, the difference is minuscule.
Also as Linus mentioned in the recent WAN show those CPU reqs don't make any sense whatsoever.

Minimum PC Specs:

Recommended PC Specs:

So an AMD FX-8350 as both minimum and recommended but if you have an intel CPU you need to upgrade from a 2500k to an i7 3770 which is about as fast CPU but with added hyperthreading? Also, 2500k annihilates a Phenom II x4 940 but both are listed as min specs.

Pants of head retarded.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am about to buy GTX 970, do you guys think it's enough for max setting .

Last edited:
I don't understand what companies gain by padding requirements like that. Can someone explain the rationale here?

Anyway, if the game looked so good and was so high tech that those requirements were actually needed that would be awesome. But yeah, an assassins creed game? Get the fuck out.

Yeah i was pretty blasted as well by the ACU system specs. On the other hand its Ubisoft and since Watch Dogs im always quite sceptical with stuff like that. I bet its just terrible ported to PCs and that it will run on lower systems as well
@dasega with a gtx 970 you should be fine i guess its quite top end right now.

Hello,
I am about to buy GTX 970, do you guys think it's enough for max setting .

Hopefully. Probably. There's no way to say for sure before they announce the system reqs.

I don't understand what companies gain by padding requirements like that. Can someone explain the rationale here?
The typical laziness & stupidity most likely. Instead of making sure their game runs on a variety of different hardware configs they just shift the responsibility to hardware manufacturers like nvidia & amd. I wouldn't be surprised if they only tested the game on the specs mentioned in the reqs and nothing more.

Also, those rumors coming from Ubisoft regarding console manufacturers pressuring devs to gimp PC versions of games might also be part of the reason. "Let scare the uneducated PC gamers so they run off to the store and buy a console"? I dunno, but wouldn't honestly be surprising considering how much more popular PC gaming is becoming each year.

Last edited:
I'm guessing ACU is just very badly optimized and thats why it requires so much

There's been a lot of talk about this on various computer forums. Personally, I'm not ready to assign blame to Ubisoft or say that the game is unoptimized until I see what it looks like, and how it plays on PC. There have been confirmed reports that the PC will have unique features, such as contact hardening soft shadows, HBAO+, tessellated surfaces, TXAA etcetera. PC version will likely have higher quality textures as well..

I think it's possible that the specs are targeting 60 FPS, and in which case, they would be justified. A lot of developers recently are listing specs that would allow the player to have the "best experience" possible rather than just the bare minimum. If the GTX 680 and 7970 are targeting 1080p 60 FPS on high, then there's nothing wrong with that. Likewise the R9 290x and the GTX 780 are probably targeting 1080p 60 FPS on very high or ultra settings.

Due to the very long lifespan of the PS3 and Xbox 360, PC gamers have gotten used to being able to easily max out multiplatform games as the bar was set so low. But with current gen ONLY titles, the bar is set much higher. That's not to say that the PS4 and Xbox One are powerful compared to a gaming PC, it's just that the developers can target a much higher visual fidelity across the board that would not have been possible if the game was being developed with last gen consoles in mind.

AC Unity looks like it will be BY FAR, the most technologically advanced title this year. Half of the 50GB install is reputedly lighting data for their baked high quality global illumination. Plus, the game uses PBR, and the amount of A.I entities on screen at once is in the thousands. I'm eagerly awaiting the benchmarks for AC Unity, and I can't wait to see how it runs on my system..

This will probably be the firs pre order in my life :D

I just need to know what kind of a PC will be required to play this game? The specs?

I just need to know what kind of a PC will be required to play this game? The specs?

Until now it's just speculations. The requirements were not made public yet.

Probably you will need a good video card to run the game at maximum settings

I believe that R9 280x / GTX 770 will be enough to run at max settings in 1080p resolution at constant 30fps.

I hope my PC will be able to take it, I Got this Rig a few weeks ago so it is not an old one, but I remember when I got my last PC and the first Witcher came out I was not able to play it on max.... :p Even though the PC was New at the time

So the other day I got home, went to turn on my pc, and it wouldn't turn on. It was dead. After a few minutes of panic, a few seconds of anger, and a good minute of intense sadness I ascertained that it was my power supply. A relatively new power supply(from december 2013), made by seasonic failed. No idea how or why but I ordered a new one, it will be here soon. I also emailed seasonic with all the relevant information. I am still under warranty so they will be sending me another one. Now I will have 2 psu's, one will be for emergencies like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom