Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, Massive respect for your company and what you are doing for our platform.

I am going to be building a PC in anticipation of W3. I dont exactly have the biggest budget in the world so i am hoping you can let me know how it will run. It doesn't have to be graphically a marvel either i ran 2 at 1024x768.

Im currently thinking a i5-4460 with a gtx 760, what resolution/settings would i be aiming for?

Hello there, Massive respect for your company and what you are doing for our platform.

I am going to be building a PC in anticipation of W3. I dont exactly have the biggest budget in the world so i am hoping you can let me know how it will run. It doesn't have to be graphically a marvel either i ran 2 at 1024x768.

Im currently thinking a i5-4460 with a gtx 760, what resolution/settings would i be aiming for?
With a decent rig you should be always aiming for 1920x1080 imho, and adjust graphical options to mantain smoothness. Every game is a world apart; on TW2 i ran well even with not-so-high FPS but I cannot guarantee TW3 will be the same. I would go for a 4690 and gtx 960 (but have to wait the release to see what's about.. maybe 770-like performance or so) because it's theoretically more value for the money and you can save on the other components, which are not directly related with in-game performance. By "save" I mean go for decent quality parts with nothing fancy on them, not rubbish :) If you are budget-constrained one step below is what you suggested but that will turn in a shorter lifespan of your new PC.

We don't even know which settings will be there. Maybe there's no point to speculate either. However, if CDPR delivers a neat job, you should be able to run the game with good graphical quality without some PC-demanding effects that often are more noticed when you're configuring the graphics rather than actually playing the game.. what we would call "high" if you know what I mean :) but with optimization issues of if they decide to raise the bar a little more, you could be at "medium" settings (especially with 760).

Last edited:
@tahirahmed

Hey,
thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. Now, I indeed have been thinking of upgrading my computer, but as of now, my financial situation won´t allow it, you know, a student. :D Point is, I still do want to play The Witcher 3 the day it´s released, so I was wondering if buying a Playstation 4 console would be a good way of "cheaping out" on the situation? Do you think it´s a viable step? I know that in the end, the price of games and the price of the console will increase over the PC price, but I just can´t afford such a huge one time investment. :) One good thing about PS4 is that I can sell it to someone when I´m done with it and the prices of consoles don´t plummet that much, and on top of that, I don´t expect a new console anytime soon. :)

Do you agree? Is PS4 the way to go for me?

hey all
Just for an estimate how do you think ill run the game? for what we know so far which is not much about system requirements..lol
i can run BF4 with ultra at 1080p with 60+fps, Far cry 4 with Ultra everything at 1080p 55-60fps and AC Unity ultra everything 40-50fps

CPU:AMD 9590 4.7Gz (Turbo 5Gz)
Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
GPU:MSI GTX Geforce 4G Gaming 970 4Gb (Stock Overclock)
SSD: Samsung 840EVO 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600MHZ
CPU Cooler:Corsair H75 Water Cooler
DVD Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D
PSU:Antec 1300W Platinum
Case:Antec 1200 V3

Fairly new rig since August :)

Last edited:
hey all
Just for an estimate how do you think ill run the game? for what we know so far which is not much about system requirements..lol
i ran run BF4 with ultra at 1080p with 60+fps, Far cry 4 with Ultra everything at 1080p 55-60fps and AC Unity ultra everything 40-50fps

Fairly new rig since August :)

Something tells me you're going to be alright.
That's some fucking overkill right there.

Hi guys, I know that there are still no requirements out there so no one can be sure. I wanna ask you guys if my performance would increase rapidly in both new games and programs such as Photoshop and Lightroom (I use those two quite a lot) if I got another 4Gb of RAM and an SSD? Originally I was just planning on getting that RAM one day and probably changing the old SATA-II for a SATA-III but dunno wheter it is worth it. If I kept it and got the SSD for Windows and programs, would the old SATA-II still be a good place to store data like music, movies, photos, etc. or should I get the SATA-III all the same? I am on a very tight budget, so if those two things aren't such a big bottlekneck, I would want to prevent buying any new stuff, but if it is, I'd just might want to sacrifice some savings.
My current rig is:
Pentium G3258 at stock
Asus H81M-E
MSI GTX 750Ti 2Gb OC (the one with just one fan)
Corsair 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Vengeance Low Profile (just one stick)
1Tb Hitachi SATA II , 7200RPM

According to Adobe, more RAM should be your highest priority. http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-performance-photoshop-cs4-cs5.html
Max out on RAM: RAM is all-important, with enough RAM the disk configuration won't matter
With an SSD, the Photoshop application and the scratch file, not Windows, goes on the SSD
With a hard disk, get two and run them in RAID 0
4 cores are better than 2, more are not that much better than 4

All of this goes for Witcher games and Lightroom, too.
http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Last edited:
yeah lol first rig i built, im hoping for ultra on this game, and collectors edition in Australia, TAS but wont be putting a deposit in until December i reckon at EB games. So im hopin they wont be sold out

@tahirahmed

Hey,
thank you very much for your response, I appreciate it. Now, I indeed have been thinking of upgrading my computer, but as of now, my financial situation won´t allow it, you know, a student. :D Point is, I still do want to play The Witcher 3 the day it´s released, so I was wondering if buying a Playstation 4 console would be a good way of "cheaping out" on the situation? Do you think it´s a viable step? I know that in the end, the price of games and the price of the console will increase over the PC price, but I just can´t afford such a huge one time investment. :) One good thing about PS4 is that I can sell it to someone when I´m done with it and the prices of consoles don´t plummet that much, and on top of that, I don´t expect a new console anytime soon. :)

Do you agree? Is PS4 the way to go for me?

Your welcome, well if you can't upgrade your PC atm then instead of playing it with almost every option set to minimum or off it's better you get a PS4.

I wait for the system requirements and then I'll go shopping :D
I want to play this game on high settings minimum, Geralt is worth it!
For any other game i wouldn't care and use my 6 year old PC with dual core and 2GB DDR2 RAM :D
Works surprisingly good if you don't mind "bad" graphics.
But as I've grown up with NES "bad" is good for me :p

Hmm, ps4 got down to 1600 reais here (700 $),should I keep pc master race by spending 2000 more reais than a ps4 ($ 800 more)? Probably ps4 would be way more cheaper anyway, with my math in about 20 games pc would be cheaper

Hmm, ps4 got down to 1600 reais here (700 $),should I keep pc master race by spending 2000 more reais than a ps4 ($ 800 more)? Probably ps4 would be way more cheaper anyway, with my math in about 20 games pc would be cheaper

Go the PC if you like it as a "multi-tool" and it also acts a a hobby of all sorts, paint-shop, video editing, games, movies, saving pictures, different OS's late next year Win 10.

Depends if your just a "gamer" or you also like to do multiple things with your machine :)

Last edited:
According to Adobe, more RAM should be your highest priority. http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-performance-photoshop-cs4-cs5.html
Max out on RAM: RAM is all-important, with enough RAM the disk configuration won't matter
With an SSD, the Photoshop application and the scratch file, not Windows, goes on the SSD
With a hard disk, get two and run them in RAID 0
4 cores are better than 2, more are not that much better than 4

All of this goes for Witcher games and Lightroom, too.
http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Thanks a lot and sorry for the late reply. I will definitely get more RAM as soon as possible and think about the RAID.

Btw people looking for an upgrade (GPU specially) should look at this, these appeared like two days ago.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41503...in-jack-gpu-alledgedly-benchmarked/index.html

Now this "Captain Jack" could be R9 380X or 390X which according to these charts offer better performance at 2560x1440 than all current high end single GPU cards like R9 290, R9 290X, GTX 970, GTX 980 so this could be a good GPU release around TW3 but please take all this with some grain of salt because it's just a rumor and unofficial benchmarks. When I talk about unreleased products my intention is to keep people updated or help them making a good decision, by no way I claim that these things will happen for sure and we also don't know if these new GPUs will be based on 20nm or 28nm but in any case they offer solid performance at respectable resolution and the name "Captain Jack" indicates it's a pirate island GPU from AMD.

TW3 is still like 2 months away so I am waiting for official requirements and if there will be a need of GPU upgrade then I will certainly look into these.

Last edited:

Well, I went with a PC mainly for games that weren't available for consoles such as RTS, strategy games etc. There's also mods and the choice to play with mouse and keyboard or whether you want 60 fps or 30 with improved graphics. And to add to that there's the constant sales that mean that it's cheaper in the long run. I don't even use my PC for anything more than gaming and to me it's still worth it.

However if none of that interests you and you'd prefer the convenience of a console or you can't afford a larger up front investment then go for a ps4. Just remember you don't have to spend that much more on a pc than a console to get similar performance. I don't know about the prices in other countries but in the uk i think you could make a pc as good as a PS4 for about £600, maybe less. (PS4 is £300). You could make that money back over 2 years from what you save on cheaper games.

I think im sticking to my Specs in my signature, unless i REALLY need to get another 970(but then again will it support SLI straight up??), but a single 970 "should" be able to run TW3 at least maxed out with above 40fps, im hoping for 60ish, but anything around 45-50fps steady and im happy

Last edited:
Well,

I started assembling my new rig for the W3

I got a a Gigabyte G1 z97 black edition motherboard
Gigabyte G1 970 (will grab another before long)
16 gigs of 1866 ram crucial ballistix elite ddr3
i7 4770k (will go broadwell k top i7 chip)
coolermaster 1000w PS
Samsung 850 256g ssd
Samsung 830 128 ssd
Crucial 256g ssd
2 1tb wd black HDD drives
fan controller
etc.....

Anyways, will get a G sync monitor likely a 1440p 3d such as the ASUS ROG Swift by the release date

I have a EVGA 660ti (still under warranty) that is 1.5 old I would like to sell, giving first dibs to fellow witcher fans. $120.00 plus shipping I live in USA Kentcuky

Well,

I started assembling my new rig for the W3

I got a a Gigabyte G1 z97 black edition motherboard
Gigabyte G1 970 (will grab another before long)
16 gigs of 1866 ram crucial ballistix elite ddr3
i7 4770k (will go broadwell k top i7 chip)
coolermaster 1000w PS
Samsung 850 256g ssd
Samsung 830 128 ssd
Crucial 256g ssd
2 1tb wd black HDD drives
fan controller
etc.....

Anyways, will get a G sync monitor likely a 1440p 3d such as the ASUS ROG Swift by the release date

I have a EVGA 660ti (still under warranty) that is 1.5 old I would like to sell, giving first dibs to fellow witcher fans. $120.00 plus shipping I live in USA Kentcuky

Holy sheeeiite. If you can't run TW3 on ultra settings with this, something is wrong.

Holy sheeeiite. If you can't run TW3 on ultra settings with this, something is wrong.

Whatcha reckon about my PC specs? maybe not as good as his but comes close besides all the ssds and hdds and amount of ram though it is ddr3

Mouse:Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard:Corsair Gaming K50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom