Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With a enhanced edition after one year since release, we will be all good.

They are not planning to have an enhanced edition for W3.

Nonetheless, if the game will be properly optimized (and no doubt it will, since you know, CDPR) I have no fears that my 970 won't be able to run this game at max.

Nonetheless, if the game will be properly optimized (and no doubt it will, since you know, CDPR) I have no fears that my 970 won't be able to run this game at max.

Info about no EE for witcher 3 ?! Im not active on these forums. Lol, if no EE they should put some patches in it for sure. I imagine if they canceled the initial release date to Feb, i guess they want to deliver almost bug free version 1.0 of the game...
Its still an open world game so bugs will be there. Also, yes a 970 can run the game. My fear is those nvidia settings, like Fur, HBAO+ (in an open world game, if they put 16 samples on HBAO+ or more, will tank everyones PC) TXAA, if want to use it, but i imagine will be nasty.

Also, i put my thrust in them, to release a fine game, even on 1.0 version. In these days we got only nasty optimized games. Check Unity, FC4, Dragon Age inquisition etc.

We need to wait for patches and proper drivers to play those games. I hope Witcher 3 will be that good in terms optimization that we just download the game from Steam, or GOG, or from DVD on retail, and just play it, no stutters, etc.

Big question remains: Ok we saw RED Engine on CLOSED DOORS aka Witcher 2, but what about in full open world streaming, like Witcher 3. I hope this mutation of RED Engine will be great for us.

PS: Also its about a question on how it renders the open world game. For example they need to let the GPU to render it by segments, im not an expert for take this one.

Say u are in an area with wind, physics, AI, some NPC, and a house. U enter that house, and the GPU now should render only the objects in the house, and less (not all) from the outside. I dont want the GPU to know what is happening miles away, if im not there. This in a cool transition will be great. If they put it, ahh, render all, will cause stutters due to low VRAM (open world game uses much vram), or other things.

Last edited:
Don't quite remember the interview, but I think it was with Iwinski, he said they would support W3 for a long time (even longer than they did with their previous games) but that an enhanced edition is not planned for W3.

Big question remains: Ok we saw RED Engine on CLOSED DOORS aka Witcher 2, but what about in full open world streaming, like Witcher 3. I hope this mutation of RED Engine will be great for us.
If Umbra was implemented properly then I don't see the fact that the game is going open world to be that big of an issue.

As for those games you listed, I just chuck it under the fact that they were developed with a console in mind. Just look at Ethan Carter ( a PC only game) and how it looks, pulling amazing and steady FPS, while being a quasi-open world game. I just hope CDPR know (or more to the point, remember) the importance of developing with a PC in mind and will not screw us over by going multi-platform.

Well i remember something, i think in 2012, some dev said this: the game runs at 30fps on a gtx 680. So this is a starting point. 30fps on a 680 probably with a early production. This was before they showed us first gameplay videos.

So back then 30fps on a 680 with what settings i dunno, its kinda of a starting point. If they pushed 50fps on a 680 right now, just make the math for ur GPU guys.

What do you include in the max settings thing? Do you include crazy high usage of TXAA and such or do you only include the base shadow/texture etc options?
If the former than you will probably need one beefy pc if your resolution of choice is also pretty high.

I just hope CDPR know (or more to the point, remember) the importance of developing with a PC in mind and will not screw us over by going multi-platform.

[size=-2]Please... Please.. Please.. Please.. Please... I think I'll literally cry if we "lose" another company due to going multiplat.[/size]

Ethan Carter is an interesting example. On the one hand it looked phenomenal and was really well optimized for that... However it didn't really have much "going on". There wasn't dynamic weather cycles, tons of on-screen NPC's with heavy amounts of AI calculations ETC.

Hard to use it as a judge in comparison to something like The Witcher 3, but considering how amazing it looked it's definitely a good example of well optimized "raw graphics".

[size=-2]Please... Please.. Please.. Please.. Please... I think I'll literally cry if we "lose" another company due to going multiplat.[/size]

In CDPR we trust. (I hope.)

Ethan Carter is an interesting example. On the one hand it looked phenomenal and was really well optimized for that... However it didn't really have much "going on". There wasn't dynamic weather cycles, tons of on-screen NPC's with heavy amounts of AI calculations ETC.

Hard to use it as a judge in comparison to something like The Witcher 3, but considering how amazing it looked it's definitely a good example of well optimized "raw graphics".

Of course, I meant it purely on "raw graphics" as you put it. Definitely not using it as the ultimate example when it comes to PC games, but it is the most recent and interesting one that came to mind. It was so well optimized that it was playable even on my old gtx260.

What do you include in the max settings thing? Do you include crazy high usage of TXAA and such or do you only include the base shadow/texture etc options?
If the former than you will probably need one beefy pc if your resolution of choice is also pretty high.

Well of course, it depends on a plethora of variables. I for one still use a 16:10 monitor, so I'm playing on 1050p, and if TXAA will give problems, I'll just turn it off (I do it in most games, since most of the time it's too taxing). Guessing 1440p will give even the beefiest of PCs a hard time.

Well i remember something, i think in 2012, some dev said this: the game runs at 30fps on a gtx 680. So this is a starting point. 30fps on a 680 probably with a early production. This was before they showed us first gameplay videos.

So back then 30fps on a 680 with what settings i dunno, its kinda of a starting point. If they pushed 50fps on a 680 right now, just make the math for ur GPU guys.

That was just a rumour, and CDPR never commented on it. Even if we would consider it to be true, it means nothing since the game didn't reach the optimization stage at that point.

Hey there, i wonder if my rigs can run TW3 smoothly: Sapphire Radeon r9 280x AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz black edition 8gb Corsair Veagence 1600 mhz

Last edited:
Hey there, i wonder if my rigs can run TW3 smoothly: Sapphire Radeon r9 280x AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz black edition 8gb Corsair Veagence 1600 mhz

"Smoothly" is quite vague term. For some 30 fps is smooth and for some 60+ fps is smooth. I'm throwing assumption here but I think you will be able to play the game at least on medium/high graphics. Framerate of course depends heavily on optimization and graphic options
Keep in mind I'm just guessing.

Edit:
I found some BF4 benchmark at 1080p Ultra and average FPS was around 51 so you might be able to crank settings even higher in Witcher 3

"Smoothly" is quite vague term. For some 30 fps is smooth and for some 60+ fps is smooth. I'm throwing assumption here but I think you will be able to play the game at least on medium/high graphics. Framerate of course depends heavily on optimization and graphic options
Keep in mind I'm just guessing.

Edit:
I found some BF4 benchmark at 1080p Ultra and average FPS was around 51 so you might be able to crank settings even higher in Witcher 3

Ohoh, that is a great news! Thank you! (And yes, i mean 60 fps)

I think you will be able to play with a mix of high and ultra settings though you'll have to compromise stuff like Hairworks which imo is a bit too taxing on all graphic cards atm. The implementation was somewhat better in FC4 as compared to COD Ghosts but it still brought some noticeable fps dips enough to disturb your experience.

I am not sure how CDPR will manage it but Hairworks or TressFX in huge open world full of hairy beasts could be a performance killer (I hope they prove me wrong).

240 pages, holy sh*t i've been away too long :)

Still rockin the same hardware but i'm definitely lookin to upgrade when i can afford it, this game deserves to be played at high settings at least!

Anybody got an idea for a good cpu/mobo/ram + gpu upgrade kit (willing to spend max 800-900$)? I'm kinda out of the loop with the latest gpu's and all.

Last edited:
CPU, thanks to Intel's tendency to hold up prices on older models, the new "Devils Canyon" Haswells are their best deal. AMD has nothing to compete with them. Core i5 4690K $210

Motherboard, go with H97 chipset if you do not want overclocking or SLI, Z97 if you do want these features.
H97, Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H (ATX) or GA-H97M-D3H (Micro ATX) $93
Z97, ASUS Z97-A $120

RAM, the thing about RAM is to have enough of it. RAM prices are down; it's a good time to load up.
G.SKILL Ripjaws-X or Sniper series, 2x4GB, $60 to $80 depending on speed

GPU, until AMD comes out with something new, nothing matches up with nVidia Maxwell. The GTX 970 is the best bargain in nVidia GPUs in a long time.
Various manufacturers, $330 and up, scarcity limits your selection.

That will get you going for $720 or so. Prices I used are current US prices at Newegg.

Last edited:
was the 35 minute gameplay demo played on console? I wonder if my laptop can perform at that lvl (i7 3610qm 2,3 ghz - 3,3 ghz turbo boost / gtx 660m / 8 gig ram / 128 gb ssd

Last edited:
@Caelistas

Guy N'wah suggested a pretty good setup there, I am also using i5 4690K, it's a solid CPU with decent potential for overclocking. In case you're going for K series then I also have a mobo suggestion that I am using myself, consider getting "MSI Z97-G45 Gaming". It's a bit expensive (140$ on Newegg) but has good features and support both SLI and Crossfire.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z97G45_GAMING.html#hero-overview

The Z97 chipset should support broadwell, so that is something to keep in mind.

Hi everyone!
Do I stand any chance to run this game, or should I upgrade something?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 Soc 1150 3,00 GHz
GPU:
MSI GF GTX650Ti BOOST OC, 1GB DDR5
RAM:
Patriot Sig.,D3, 1333Mhz, 8GB (1x 8GB)
MAINBOARD:
MSI Main Board Desktop iB85

Hi everyone!
Do I stand any chance to run this game, or should I upgrade something?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 Soc 1150 3,00 GHz
GPU:
MSI GF GTX650Ti BOOST OC, 1GB DDR5
RAM:
Patriot Sig.,D3, 1333Mhz, 8GB (1x 8GB)

The only thing is really your GPU, because its 1gb vram, what games do you currently play and what fps do you get?

this game is more than likely to consume upto 3-4gb vram

780ti or a 970/980 or the equivalent for an AMD card for best graphics i'd think, 60fps+ with MSAA turned down til you meet what you want, MSAAx8 45fps,roughly as reported in guru3d.com

If it is up to Gametechs claims then The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be a harsh on the GPU title, so much that One 550 USD GTX 780 Ti already has a hard time to keep up with the game engibe, under the condition that higher levels of AA are enabled. The website mentions that the PC version runs HQ and 8xMSAA at 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p.

Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered. Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What's also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.
-------==== http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/the-witcher-3-gtx-780ti-could-push-35-45-fps-at-max.html

---------- Updated at 09:58 AM ----------

I think you will be able to play with a mix of high and ultra settings though you'll have to compromise stuff like Hairworks which imo is a bit too taxing on all graphic cards atm. The implementation was somewhat better in FC4 as compared to COD Ghosts but it still brought some noticeable fps dips enough to disturb your experience.

I am not sure how CDPR will manage it but Hairworks or TressFX in huge open world full of hairy beasts could be a performance killer (I hope they prove me wrong).

I've asked this a few time but you mention hair-works and TreesFX, how would a MSI 4gb Gaming 970 go? at stock overclock(overclock optional lol)? whats your opinion?, that's with minimal AA only enough to reduce most noticeable jaggie, cos MSAA is a big FPS hitter, im hoping they got SMAA

Last edited:
I can play FarCry4 at medium. I dont care for high settings I am satisfied with low. I am just concerned if i will be able to run game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom