Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatcha reckon about my PC specs? maybe not as good as his but comes close besides all the ssds and hdds and amount of ram though it is ddr3

CPU:AMD 9590 4.7Gz (Turbo 5Gz)
Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
GPU:MSI GTX Geforce 4G Gaming 970 4Gb (Stock Overclock)
SSD: Samsung 840EVO 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600MHZ
CPU Cooler:Corsair H75 Water Cooler
DVD Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D
PSU:Antec 1300W Platinum
Case:Antec 1200 V3
Mouse:Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard:Corsair Gaming K50

Let the real techies answer, I'm just looking into this myself and learning as I go.

Well,

I started assembling my new rig for the W3

I got a a Gigabyte G1 z97 black edition motherboard
Gigabyte G1 970 (will grab another before long)
16 gigs of 1866 ram crucial ballistix elite ddr3
i7 4770k (will go broadwell k top i7 chip)
coolermaster 1000w PS
Samsung 850 256g ssd
Samsung 830 128 ssd
Crucial 256g ssd
2 1tb wd black HDD drives
fan controller
etc.....

Anyways, will get a G sync monitor likely a 1440p 3d such as the ASUS ROG Swift by the release date

I have a EVGA 660ti (still under warranty) that is 1.5 old I would like to sell, giving first dibs to fellow witcher fans. $120.00 plus shipping I live in USA Kentcuky

Nice man i checked out that monitor yesterday, looks pretty sweet, id be going that one too if i had the cash, all dried up til after Dec, why'd you go DDR3 ram? instead of DDR4 or 5 if that's available yet for sticks?

---------- Updated at 02:55 AM ----------

Let the real techies answer, I'm just looking into this myself and learning as I go.

yeah no prob, mine comes on par with his "just" besides the RAM and i7 but the 9590 i have comes close
built mine in august just before the new intel CPU came out ;/

Whatcha reckon about my PC specs? maybe not as good as his but comes close besides all the ssds and hdds and amount of ram though it is ddr3

CPU:AMD 9590 4.7Gz (Turbo 5Gz)
Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
GPU:MSI GTX Geforce 4G Gaming 970 4Gb (Stock Overclock)
SSD: Samsung 840EVO 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600MHZ
CPU Cooler:Corsair H75 Water Cooler
DVD Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D
PSU:Antec 1300W Platinum
Case:Antec 1200 V3
Mouse:Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard:Corsair Gaming K50

That is a nice rig sir. as we stand right now there is little discernable difference between either of our rigs.
z97 motherboards only have a dd3 memory controller, also, ddr4 is over rated at the moment. High latencies and all. for gaming dd3 1600 to 2033 ram with low cas latencies is better, both in performance and cost for gaming..

---------- Updated at 04:10 AM ----------

---------- Updated at 04:11 AM ----------

it's easy to learn, and your a smart guy from the posts I have seen here, keep with it. 2010 I was a pc virgin(as they stand now,had commodore 64 and a 486 back in the day) I just started learning by youtube vids and certain sites.

Last edited:
That is a nice rig sir. as we stand right now there is little discernable difference between either of our rigs.
z97 motherboards only have a dd3 memory controller, also, ddr4 is over rated at the moment. High latencies and all. for gaming dd3 1600 to 2033 ram with low cas latencies is better, both in performance and cost for gaming..

Thanks man, i was looking at the z97 Asus VII Maximus cost like AU$469 and the Intel i7 "K" chip for roughly 400 and something, also the same ram i have just doubling it to 16gb

not sure if its really worth it, was going to upgrade around feb-march but not sure if its a wise decision as this rig i have now is only built from august and she's pretty sterdy though the cpu temps im not the happiest with but they are in the medium+ range but kept stable at 50c core, and socket at 60c

But thats due to my cooler...hard to fit the h100i rad in my case..but it is do-able, with fiddling :smiling:

If you are building a PC for gaming only (no photoshopping, video editing etc) you don't need more than 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. DDR4 isn't recommended for gaming at this point.
Couple of videos about RAM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgzA2C61z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajyzZ-zaq0o

I know ;-) I like to do benchmarks with my other rig z87 oc force and I got in to tweaking ram. I have like close to 75 gigs laying around of various brands, sizes and latencies. but everybody knows cpus and gpus are were the sexy is lol

Hi guys.

I’m trying to build a gaming laptop (yeah, I know, unfortunately it has to be a laptop) and I would like to throw some doubts I have to you, tech savants. I’m working on this:

17,3" Full HD anti-glare display
Intel® Core™ i7 4910MQ processor
16GB - 2x 8GB DDR3L 1600 SODIMM
SSD Crucial M500 480GB mSATA
1TB 2,5" Hard Drive
Nvidia GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5
Bluray writer/reader
Keyboard in Spanish
Microsoft Windows® 8.1 64 bits SP

Do you think this little critter will allow me to run TW3 with high settings? Is there any bottleneck I have missed? Anything you would upgrade/downgrade? I could upgrade to 32GB (RAM) and i7 4940 MX (CPU), but I don’t think they worth the money (160 and 350 euros). Also, I’m not sure if instead a secondary classic 1TB Hard Drive I could mount an additional 480GB SSD.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot, guys!

Hi guys.

I’m trying to build a gaming laptop (yeah, I know, unfortunately it has to be a laptop) and I would like to throw some doubts I have to you, tech savants. I’m working on this:

1TB 2,5" Hard Drive
Bluray writer/reader
Keyboard in Spanish

Do you think this little critter will allow me to run TW3 with high settings? Is there any bottleneck I have missed? Anything you would upgrade/downgrade? I could upgrade to 32GB (RAM) and i7 4940 MX (CPU), but I don’t think they worth the money (160 and 350 euros). Also, I’m not sure if instead a secondary classic 1TB Hard Drive I could mount an additional 480GB SSD.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot, guys!

I have no idea about the CPU and GPU (though I guess 980M is pretty powerful) but 16 gigs of RAM is a bit overkill. I posted a couple of videos before which explain some things about RAM. I use my SSD for operating system and games that benefit from the speed (such as RPGs and Far Cry 4). HDD is for other games and is a lot cheaper

I have no idea about the CPU and GPU (though I guess 980M is pretty powerful) but 16 gigs of RAM is a bit overkill. I posted a couple of videos before which explain some things about RAM. I use my SSD for operating system and games that benefit from the speed (such as RPGs and Far Cry 4). HDD is for other games and is a lot cheaper

Thanks for your answer, Finn (the adventurous Finn?)!

Yeah, the maximun use I have seen is 5 GB from... Crysis 3? AC Unity? I don't remember, so yeah, I know 16 is a bit too much right now, but the extra 8 GB are quite cheap (less than 50 euros) and maybe in the future it will come in handy (i have done video editing in the past). I will watch the videos, thanks for that.

Regarding the hard disk, the only positive detail I can think about replacing the HHD for the SSD is that MAYBE saving some space in a laptop could help with the cooling (anyone knows if maybe the SSD are cooler than the HHD?).

Thanks for your answer, Finn (the adventurous Finn?)!

Yeah, the maximun use I have seen is 5 GB from... Crysis 3? AC Unity? I don't remember, so yeah, I know 16 is a bit too much right now, but the extra 8 GB are quite cheap (less than 50 euros) and maybe in the future it will come in handy (i have done video editing in the past). I will watch the videos, thanks for that.

Regarding the hard disk, the only positive detail I can think about replacing the HHD for the SSD is that MAYBE saving some space in a laptop could help with the cooling (anyone knows if maybe the SSD are cooler than the HHD?).

for a desktop my SSD is 1degree hotter than my HDD but that's not significant, but could be my air flow so yeah personally i dunno, just my two cents worth

Hi guys.

1TB 2,5" Hard Drive
Bluray writer/reader
Keyboard in Spanish

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot, guys!

Yea should be fine. That 980m is quite powerful despite being a laptop GPU.
Anandtech say it's on par with a GTX 770 in performance.
Although keep in mind you'll only get that level of performance while having the laptop plugged in.
The battery by itself just cannot provide the 980m with enough power to run at full capacity like it can when it's plugged in.

Yea should be fine. That 980m is quite powerful despite being a laptop GPU.
Anandtech say it's on par with a GTX 770 in performance.
Although keep in mind you'll only get that level of performance while having the laptop plugged in.
The battery by itself just cannot provide the 980m with enough power to run at full capacity like it can when it's plugged in.

I'm planning to use the laptop plugged in all the time, so no worries about that.

Daydreaming, I would love to build a laptop with a double GTX 980M SLI (780M SLI was released some time ago and it stills holds on very well on tests, if I am reading them correctly). But the unique option today is Origin, which is out of reach to me, both price and post-sale service-wise. But yeah, that would be great.

900D Monster Xtreme

Hi guys,

I'm building a Monster PC:
Mobo: EVGA X79 Dark
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition (15M Cache, up to 4.00GHz)
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 64GB (8 x 8GB; 2133, 9-11-11-31, 1,65V)
VGA: n°4 EVGA GTX 780 Ti KingPin Edition (4 SLI)
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512 [GBMZ-7PD512]
HDD: Wester Digital HDD 1TB Velociraptor [WD1000DHTZ]
PSU: n°2 Lepa G-Series 1600
Optical Devices: Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-ray - Slot In
Fans: n°46 Enermax T.B. Apollish UCTA14N-R Fan 140mm - Red
n°16 Enermax T.B. Silence UCTB14B Fan 140mm

All water cooled:
with Radiator: n°5 Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560

How much I can push the game?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1496783/sponsored-project-900d-monster-xtreme

Hi guys,

I'm building a Monster PC:
Mobo: EVGA X79 Dark
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Processor Extreme Edition (15M Cache, up to 4.00GHz)
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 64GB (8 x 8GB; 2133, 9-11-11-31, 1,65V)
VGA: n°4 EVGA GTX 780 Ti KingPin Edition (4 SLI)
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 PRO 512 [GBMZ-7PD512]
HDD: Wester Digital HDD 1TB Velociraptor [WD1000DHTZ]
PSU: n°2 Lepa G-Series 1600
Optical Devices: Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-ray - Slot In
Fans: n°46 Enermax T.B. Apollish UCTA14N-R Fan 140mm - Red
n°16 Enermax T.B. Silence UCTB14B Fan 140mm

All water cooled:
with Radiator: n°5 Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 560

How much I can push the game?

Why not 4 way GTX 980? 780Ti have to low vram.
I have 9 780Ti's in two months, two 780Ti Lighting's (unique) and Kingpin to...When i'm switch to 980, never want back to 780Ti.

hi guys,

i'm building a monster pc:
Mobo: Evga x79 dark
cpu: Intel core i7-4960x processor extreme edition (15m cache, up to 4.00ghz)
ram: Corsair dominator platinum 64gb (8 x 8gb; 2133, 9-11-11-31, 1,65v)
vga: N°4 evga gtx 780 ti kingpin edition (4 sli)
ssd: Samsung ssd 840 pro 512 [gbmz-7pd512]
hdd: Wester digital hdd 1tb velociraptor [wd1000dhtz]
psu: N°2 lepa g-series 1600
optical devices: Silverstone sst-sob02 blu-ray - slot in
fans: N°46 enermax t.b. Apollish ucta14n-r fan 140mm - red
n°16 enermax t.b. Silence uctb14b fan 140mm

all water cooled:
With radiator: N°5 alphacool nexxxos monsta 560

how much i can push the game?

overkill for gaming!!!

Nevertheless, if they will give us the sys req, they will improve the game, thats for sure, also red engine is a nice engine, so should not cause problems. With a enhanced edition after one year since release, we will be all good.

Also, i imagine will be some nvidia-only settings that will crush the game, but the in-engine settings will be ok for most people.

Im planning to grab another GTX 980 and push it at 1500mhz, after one year. The price will drop also, with the release of the big maxwell, aka GM210.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom