Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the NASA server should be able to run it smooth! Come on you can't be serious! :huh:

Buying a Ti or titan seems like a relative waste of money to me imo.
For example, the GHZ edition of the 780 GTX is just as fast as a stock Ti while being much cheaper.
I spent the day tinkering with a buddy on his new pc and the 780 GTX GHZ sli set up that he now has is kind of nuts.

Actually I was hoping that wit a R290 TRI-X was enough to playing it maximum details on my 55" led TV in full HD (obviously 1980*1024) or buying a 4k monitor enough to playing it at maximum details at an higher resolution!

I watched the interview and wondered when someone would mention here. My guess was out by a couple of hours.
:scold:

I was thinking the same thing when I heard them JOKE about it in the interview. Someone would have to misconstrue it...it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Buying a Ti or titan seems like a relative waste of money to me imo.
For example, the GHZ edition of the 780 GTX is just as fast as a stock Ti while being much cheaper.
I spent the day tinkering with a buddy on his new pc and the 780 GTX GHZ sli set up that he now has is kind of nuts.
You are comparing a heavily overclocked aftermarket card to one at stock. You are of course correct about the price, but hey, you pay for a premium. Anyhow, 2 heavily overclocked tis will blow 2 heavily overclocked 780s out of the water.

For my part though, I only do very tiny overclocks.

IT WAS A JOKE.

Back on topic please, we're supposed to be discussing what's needed for TW3. We have enough problems already with people wandering into this thread and getting worried.

You're kidding right?
Why not? Think of how good it would have looked on that system if it where required on max. Then the low setting would look as the witcher 3 is on ultra.
I honestly don't understand why everybody wants to "max" the game with crap hardware (like the consols ;) ). I mean the game wont look worse if you cant max it on a cheaper system, it just means that it look terrific on a very high-end one.

Why not? Think of how good it would have looked on that system if it where required on max. Then the low setting would look as the witcher 3 is on ultra.
I honestly don't understand why everybody wants to "max" the game with crap hardware (like the consols ;) ). I mean the game wont look worse if you cant max it on a cheaper system, it just means that it look terrific on a very high-end one.

He was still kidding. And we do not want this thread to turn into "What is the best computer you can possibly buy". If you want that discussion, please move over to the Community section.

He was still kidding. And we do not want this thread to turn into "What is the best computer you can possibly buy". If you want that discussion, please move over to the Community section.
Well, that wasn't the point. The point was to say that even if you don't max the game on cheap hardware: it wont look worse! It only means that peaple with very high end PCs, or yourself in the future, could anjoy a game which looks fantastic (like Crysis 1 which even today looks very good.). Sorry if I was unclear.

Edit: Of course not everything is about graphics and they should create a game which as many as possible can play, after certain conditions. A proper PC developer creates a game which look very different depending on your setting (crysis 1 is an god example of this), where the the low settings can be played by very cheap systems and tough look good. But of course ultra settings will look much better tough require a high end PC. The contrary is when it doesn't matter which setting you are playing on (crysis 2) which makes the game depending on all systems and look perhaps good but not great.

Edit 2: If we keep it in a Witcher 3 perspective it would practically best, in my opinion, if the game can be played on very cheap systems with low settings, tough require at least dx11 and 64-bit. Like a radeon hd 5770 or similar and suitable processor with 4 GB ram. But if to be maxed out, with all "bells and whistles", require two 780 ti or similar with maybe an i7 4970k and say 16 gig ram ;P. It will therefore take advantage of the power wich is aviable now but also make it more future proof when people with more cheap systems can max it out in a couple of years.
Remember: This is my opinion on the perfect requirements in the witcher 3, where it can be play on low end systems and look great but require a high end system to max it where it will look awesome. This has nothing to do with statements by the developers or any official system requirements, just my guesses and opinions.

Edit 3(this post is starting to get long ;) :
@Dragonbird Indeed, that you can go nuts does not mean that you should or feel required to.
I can imagine that the discussion about ti's titans and 4790k's may make it sound like you need to go crazy, so it is welcome to have several members to keep it on the level.
Exactly what I mean! In a way.You shouldn't have to buy a very expensive computer just to play this game, even if it would look better on an more expensive one (remember, my guesses!).

I ultimately think this game will look great on any system played on.

Last edited:
@Dragonbird Indeed, that you can go nuts does not mean that you should or feel required to.
I can imagine that the discussion about ti's titans and 4790k's may make it sound like you need to go crazy, so it is welcome to have several members to keep it on the level.

Thank you guys for your suggestions. I'll keep the CPU and maybe try to do an overclock as eskimou said (but i'm not an expert with these things...), and try to change the GPU and put more ram. I'll look at the Gtx 750 or Gtx 760 or something similar . Anyway there are still like eight months before the game comes out so there is still a lot of time to look. But at least now I have an idea. And all my hopes go with the optimization stage! :D

You are welcome! The best thing is to wait. Nvdia is going to launch the gtx 800 series (this year, I think), so it's better to see if this new cards are worth or not.

About the Titan and Joe interview, it's clearly a joke. I think a Core I5, 8gb ram and a good 2 gb video card will be enough to run The Witcher on the best settings. Maybe you will need a better rig to run it on big resolutions (1900 up).

Im hoping they optimise the game to utilise Crossfire well, I really dont want to upgrade from my x2 7970ghz editions.
Witcher 2 doesnt work with Crossfire, thats the reason for the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom