Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth is going on here?? It looks nice, but also really damn strange at the same time. I can't really put my finger on what it is... Did they put some kind of filter on the Screenshots?
Don't know. The colors certainly look less like blanched shit than before.

The trees look different in the second pic a little. Almost like it's a different season from previous shots and the leaves are about to fall. Geralt looks a bit different though it could be perspective.

Here's a shot to kind of compare to the second shot. You can tell the big tree landmark is much closer

View attachment 7265

Also, here is apparently what the dialog says in the second area. Spoiler is messing up with text so here's a screen grab

Also, I just noticed there is no tower in the 35 minute demo screenshot I took despite it being closer in

Attachments

• ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_11.37_[2014.11.05_19.24.36].jpg
    ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_11.37_[2014.11.05_19.24.36].jpg
    266 KB · Views: 42
  • 23222'.PNG
    23222'.PNG
    7.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
It looks nice, but also really damn strange at the same time. I can't really put my finger on what it is...
Right?Something feels off...I wonder on which platform they took these pics (although I'm pretty sure it was the PS4).

Right?Something feels off...I wonder on which platform they took these pics (although I'm pretty sure it was the PS4).
I don't really get what you guys are talking about. The pics are so low res and both are at sunset or sunrise. They both look good from models and environment standpoints. It's from famitsu so maybe it's some magazine scanner issue. Bottom URL translates to Famitsu I've been told

If that's from a magazine then it's obvious what the "problem" is - CMYK colour model used for printing.

Talk about worrying too much about the most insignificant of details...

I don't think anyone was worrying, it still looked fine and with a low resolution it's hard to tell little details anyway, there was just something "odd" about the images that some of us just couldn't understand.
However as both you and Docttj said (And I didn't even think of this) it's probably just the fact that it's coming from a magazine.

However that said, still doesn't explain that Tower you can see in the distance which you can't in the 35 minute demo... But there could be 10 different reasons as to why that is, so It's not something I'd be bothered to question.

I dont see nothing strage or off,seriously guys what are you talking about? it just seems low res screenshots

Those two pics look good, especially the first one, but I fear the game will never look like this (again).

Last edited:
Then again, didn't that happen in TW2 as well every once in a while? We know the Red engine tends to having low-res textures for some seconds sometimes until the full textures are loaded. Had more than one of those moments in TW2.
In TW2 the background in the main menu screen changed with every new chapter. So much less frequent than what we've seen so far.

Those two pics look good, especially the first one, but I fear the game will never look like this (again).
I honestly don't see much of a difference between this screenshot and the two posted one page back. The main thing that catches the eye in the swamp is the reflection on Geralt's metal pieces. I don't see it as any different than the gleam on the pommels of his swords in the two new screenshots. They look great. Geralt simply isn't wearing any plates.

The only difference I can think of is the water in your linked image (and its GIF version) and in the gameplay footage. That might change, though.

the famitsu screenshots, are the PS4 version??? Really ??? If its the case, are pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I don't really get what you guys are talking about. The pics are so low res and both are at sunset or sunrise. They both look good from models and environment standpoints.
No one said they don't look good.It's just that something feels off about them.It's not the res,the character models or the visual effects.Well,at least I don't think so.I can't really explain it but something feels different about them.Not different in a bad (or good )way, just different.
Talk about worrying too much about the most insignificant of details...
:facepalm:

I understand why you'd interpret my post as such because I wasn't very clear but that's not the case.At all (if my plethora of posts stating I don't care about graphics or me trying to "calm down" all of the /v/ & Neogaf drama queens weren't enough to prove that point already)
I dont see nothing strage or off,seriously guys what are you talking about? it just seems low res screenshots
The most honest respons I can give you is:I don't know.The only way I can describe this feeling is that it's like when you are looking at an image that is mirrored or when you visit a friend's house and they moved a few things around (a vase,ashtray etc).

Maybe they added a couple more trees.Maybe they changed the fence in the background.Maybe they did nothing,I don't know but something feels different about them.Personally I don't think it's because the images were scanned from a magazine but I'm not ruling out that posibility
the famitsu screenshots, are the PS4 version??? Really ??? If its the case, are pretty awesome.
That's what I'm assuming but it could be from the PC build as well (although it's less likely IMO).The magazine/site probably mentions the platform on which these images were taken but I didn't have the time to check.

You're lying.If I post in a thread it automatically becomes a thread about me so everything posted after my post is directed towards moi.

Serious:In that case disregard what I said :p

@Vigilance
Wow...Thank you Vigi.The lighting in the image with Gran looks way better then what we've seen so far (SoD trailer excluded).The same can be said about the hair in the pic with Johnny.Now I really need to know on which platform these shots were taken.

Edit:The textures also look better IMO

Marcin mentioned that he recently saw a part of Japanese PS4 version, so it seems to confirm it.

Or this, this or that.

Unless it's something (exclusively) developed for PC first and foremost, like Star Citizen or Kingdom Come: Deliverance where developers don't have to hold back and can crank up everything to 12 and then some I doubt you'll ever see a game come out looking exactly like or as close to those screenshots or tidbits of footage taken from the PC build before the great dialing back on textures, lighting, overall detail, etc to get the visuals more in line with the console builds. In case of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, you'll still get exclusive stuff like HairWorks, HBAO+ or PhysX as consolation but there'll be always that nagging feeling of what the game could have looked like if there wasn't such a thing as mandatory approximate visual parity.

Multiplatform developers will never openly admit it, but to let the PC version steal all or most of the thunder is just not possible. That's how ridiculous and fucked up it is these days, unfortunately.

The sooner you get used to that the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom