Something something thread moved. Also ponies.

+
seen some stupid ideas in my time,but this takes the biscuit.

people come here to ask questions,and sticking them all in the bin is not only insulting,but extremely ignorant of what this forums for.

and yes,it is a huge bin,where everythings missed and no poor sod gets any answers.

did they cut the mod wage and this is revenge by wrecking the forum ?

Someone has been very industrious today, moving every thread that was in a wrong forum into this forum - but merging all haphazardly into existing threads. Everything is mixed now, threads are not follow-able threads any more and when you click on a topic in the list, you end up in another thread and in some cases don't even find the message you clicked on.

Was this confusing? Yes, I thought so too. :p

Dear moderators, before you merge all the threads you find in another forum into one thread in this forum, rather delete them, because you avoid wasting your time and ours, hunting after a message, that is in the list, but got lost in the process. There is no information and no discussion to be had today.

Huh I went to find replies on a topic about what people thought about decoctions and it got merged into a topic about how people felt about the refilling system called the alchemy system when these threads were about different parts of the system completely.

A bit over aggressive or not aggressive enough. Think about how much space you could save but merging everything into a single "witcher 3" topic.

They are, but we are still waiting on subforums.

I KNOW! You guys shouldn't -have- to wait! You're important! I am too.

Oh, well.

Here's a thought, though: rather than psot again and again about the same issues, scroll through the first five or six pages of the Megathreads and see if your issue is there!

It nearly always is. NOt always, but often. So few people check before posting, because lazy. Anyway, can't talk, off to ban!

theta77

CD PROJEKT RED
Horrible idea. Its never worked well at any forum I'm a member of.

It depends on what do you want.
If you want to give real feedback to CDPR, it's easier for us to handle suggestions in the way Sardukhar writes about.
There is special connection between the pony on the first page of this thread and Pinkie Pie on my desk. Stick to the rules, guys and gals, and don't interfere with magic.

Mumble mumble angry angry. I put my stuff in the wrong place and it got stepped on! Its not my fault! Pony pony pony etc.

If your Post or thread is in the wrong place, its miiiiiiiine.

Love, Sard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I will giggle, edit your rage into something about polymorphic nuns on jet powered wheelchairs, add a PONY and depart you

you reminds me of that boy in the class everyone annoys so he want to get revenge of everybody in future. You need medications and therapy sessions.

[Sard Edit: I left this in because it was amusing. Now to edit it, add a Pony and depart him. Ah, it's like psychic. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
I found myself unexpectedly moved to make a post generally praising Gwent. Shortly afterward my post was moved (first I was moved, then the thread was moved..it's all very moving I tells ya) to a larger thread called "Gwent. Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & things" and in itself this wasn't a problem for me.

It did bother me though, that I'd unintentionally made work for the forums stray thread wranglers and given that there seem to be a number of Gwent posts which are left as stand alone, I wondered if someone could let me know why mine was in the wrong place, to help me try to avoid making extra work for folks in the future.

(With apologies in advance because I bet I end up doing it anyway!)

All the best
Badger

I found myself unexpectedly moved to make a post generally praising Gwent. Shortly afterward my post was moved (first I was moved, then the thread was moved..it's all very moving I tells ya) to a larger thread called "Gwent. Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & things" and in itself this wasn't a problem for me.

It did bother me though, that I'd unintentionally made work for the forums stray thread wranglers and given that there seem to be a number of Gwent posts which are left as stand alone, I wondered if someone could let me know why mine was in the wrong place, to help me try to avoid making extra work for folks in the future.

(With apologies in advance because I bet I end up doing it anyway!)

All the best
Badger

I think we have... four (?) main Gwent threads on the forum. Everything else gets merged into them eventually. Unless it's a very specific discussion that warrants a separate thread.

Anyway, your thread contained general feedback on Gwent, thus the merge with the general Gwent thread :)

I think we have... four (?) main Gwent threads on the forum. Everything else gets merged into them eventually. Unless it's a very specific discussion that warrants a separate thread.

Anyway, your thread contained general feedback on Gwent, thus the merge with the general Gwent thread :)

My Gwent topic was put into a thread that was deleted or locked a few days later, it's gone. I made a thread about a journalist's feedback on the characters and wrote 4 paragraphs talking about that topic then 3 hours later someone else makes the same thread and they merged my topic into his... when it should have been the other way around because he only says two sentences and had a title that wasn't really clear which killed the thread.

Now my question regarding mixing armor, skill trees, combat tactics, potions to buff my combat style, Relic armor with special bonuses and asking people if I can't take out enemies 6 levels above me does that mean I suck, was a lot to cover. And it was put into a character build topic which is an old thread poll that's not even a sticky where everyone is completely ignoring my question because it's a poll. If anything it should have gone into a strategy discussion which I couldn't find.

You guys are going over board with moving. There, if I shall be ponied for this can you make it be Derpy please?

Last edited:
You guys are going over board with moving. There, if I shall be ponied for this can you make it be Derpy please?

Ah, I'm not gonna Pony you. It's Saturday.

People do respond in combined threads, it's possible yours was missed?

Dig out the post, re-post it and stick a "SARD SAID I COULD DO THIS" on the top and we'll leave it alone for a few days. Probably disappear quick but you never know.

Honestly, part of the reason we merge is that stuff disappears off the front page faaaast. If we stick it into a build thread or the Suggestions forum with the right thread, it might last longer.

The interesting threads - i.e. threads that people post a lot in - tend to stay unmerged, because they are active.

Other than that, yeah, if we think it's an already started topic, we move it to there.

@Sardukhar Bah I was dying over and over to a boss and got mad so I asked for OP builds out of rage then got bitchy when I couldn't get a reply after it moved, it's cool. And someone did answer me so all good. I get Rage Rooster on some games. Sorry.

That is true, they do go by fast. Unless you're making a topic on how "gwaphics bad, reward no XP, poop on Witcher 3" then it turns into a 30 page rage.

Hi guys,

I'd like to file a little complaint about the mods' tendency to categorize everything, which in turn leads to the creation of megathreads that are full of valuable content which is hidden away from most regular users. I spent the last few hours looking through those aggregated megathreads... It just pains me so much that a lot of content that can obviously be categorized, but doesnt have to, gets thrown in there.

I completely understand that aggregation makes your job easier and that some topics are recurring. Often times, however, reposting a particular theme livens up the discussion and engages new people in it. The users should be encouraged to post original content that diversifies the discussion. Being moved or thrown into a megathread kills off some discussions that could otherwise lead to more added value.

The internet is of course a modern equivalent of the Wild West, and without effective policing most discussions deteriorate (i.e The Hitler Mention Theory). On the other hand, a good moderator should encourage users to create more added value, especially in a time where TW is getting a lot of attention. Again, I do understand that your job can be hard as hell. Sometimes though, I wish some of you had exercised a bit more flexibility.

P.S: The English message board is not that bad when you compare it to the Polish obsessive-compulsive board but that's a topic for another time :p

Yours Truly.

Bartek Harbut

Last edited:
Thanks, @yoobzon.

It is a balance. We sadly miss the mark sometimes. We do try to keep the Suggestions subforum nicely distilled and Mods should be easier to find there under each heading.

The issue isn't just us cleaning up the main board - right now, things go by so fast we miss half of the OT stuff. Much of our effort is an attempt to categorize it for CDPR or others looking to get a sense of a thread heading. If we leave discussions alone, they tend to die by two pages in.

That said, we do have an unofficial policy not to move a live discussion, typically. The Witcher 3 Graphics thread right now, which could go into the Modding subforum, is an example.

If a discussion is live, we like to leave it alone. If you do find we've merged a live discusssion, PM one of us and we'll either undo that or move it back to the main page. If we think it's warranted of course.

Last edited:
Thanks, @yoobzon.

It is a balance. We sadly miss the mark sometimes. We do try to keep the Suggestions subforum nicely distilled and Mods should be easier to find there under each heading.

The issue isn't just us cleaning up the main board - right now, things go by so fast we miss half of the OT stuff. Much of our effort is an attempt to categorize it for CDPR or others looking to get a sense of a thread heading. If we leave discussions alone, they tend to die by two pages in.

That said, we do have an unofficial policy not to move a live discussion, typically. The Witcher 3 Graphics thread right now, which could go into the Modding subforum, is an example.

If a discussion is live, we like to leave it alone. If you do find we've merged a live discusssion, PM one of us and we'll either undo that or move it back to the main page. If we think it's warranted of course.

@Sardukhar,

Thank you for a quick and reasonable reply. Like I said, it's not the end of the world and in some ways you're doing a perfect job (e.g. the balance between censoring the offensive and extreme discussion while maintaining freedom of speech) I just felt that the balance, as you said, might be slightly off and I wanted to let you know. I'm in no way angry nor disappointed, just some feedback.

Mumble mumble angry angry. I put my stuff in the wrong place and it got stepped on! Its not my fault! Pony pony pony etc.

If your Post or thread is in the wrong place, its miiiiiiiine.

Love, Sard.

Thats funny, as system engineer i would plan to make a detailled listing of all bugs and stuff, but when im facing my post CENSORED like that, i would definitely NOT support this game in any way.

You are not only redirecting stuff, you are also editing the whole posts and this is the first time i see that ever in forums: usually moderators keep the neutrality to not edit the content. Oh and let me know if you edit my post i will keep it high...

Thats funny, as system engineer i would plan to make a detailled listing of all bugs and stuff,

Anyone who wants to help provide information that will help with bug tracking is, of course, welcome to do so. The best way is to find an existing thread discussing the bug you want to report, and then adding to it if you can provide further information that would be helpful. That way, the consolidation is by bug, rather than by the identity of the person reporting it.

Top Bottom