[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
CDPR on V:
1610320704591.png

Neither your cyberware, your weapons, your choices and relationships matter in the end. So yes it does.
So why we even played it?
Post automatically merged:

Leave Johny where he belongs - the cyber hell with his ex Alt - he killed her, her mother, and those 500k people killed by him. He deserves that and always wants to be in the center of attention, he would appreciate it.
Monster's inc: Put That Thing Back Where it Came From! - YouTube

I know this has been said a million times here but I will say again anyways. Give us a happy ending with V, its simple, Johny leaves with Alt and V finds or use some kind of experimental piece of cyberware that manages to fix his body and get back to normal, seriously it wouldn´t be hard to add that to the existing endings.

I know this has been said a million times here but I will say again anyways.
Well, that's make a million times +1 :)

Give us a happy ending with V, its simple, Johny leaves with Alt and V finds or use some kind of experimental piece of cyberware that manages to fix his body and get back to normal, seriously it wouldn´t be hard to add that to the existing endings.
Nope, not difficult.
CDPR : "- Fuck you, that's MY story !"
;)

Sorry if you took offense of my post. It was mostly adressed to all those who say :" Cyberpunk *gnagnagna* Grim *blah-blah-blah* Dark *Burp* Perfect endings for the game."

You seem to forget that CDPR builds its story on 2 different stories from the P&P RPG. In doing so, they present JS as a murderous excessive self-centered terrorist punk, what he is not. The nuclear bombing of Arasaka Towers is sanctionned by the Government, with Militech help (Militech being nationalized) during a worldwide conflagration, which is not quite the same thing as 4 punks blasting to dust 500K inhabitants of Night City.
this the youtube lore videos also pointed out. the part where militech gets nationalized that is.

I have some questions in regards with the end-game or can I say after the post end-game major quest (Nocturne OP55N1) triggered that maybe some players willing to share their point of view. In my general limited understanding, I saw V’s main goal is to survive at whatever costs after Johnny “assaulting” V’s mind or body at first.

Noted that V as a new mercenary in NC wanna joined into the big leagues as Jackie hoped. There were three main quests afterwards (1. Evelyn - Voodoo Boys - Alt Cunningham. 2. Rogue - Panam - Hellman 3. Takemaru - Hanako Arasaka - Yorinibu Arasaka) which all have their role and interconnection with V (and Johnny).

Additionally, in terms of game play, with my first play through (spent almost 200 hours) - my character (male V) nomad, have completed all the major quests, side quests, gigs and hustles prior to the end-game major quest and Max up to Level 50 and Street Credit Level 50. Therefore it’s also kinda interesting to see the interconnection of the NPC’s, their point of view, etc kinda immerse with V main story path/goal along the way just as OP mentioned above

So while on Misty’s balcony, so far I select two endings (as Johnny suggested), first one is the Rogue’s path (“For Whom the Bell Tolls”, and “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”) —> which in this quest, Johnny (or let’s say “engram Johnny” in my view/understanding) take over V’s body and with Rogue assault Arasaka Tower to get inside Mikoshi. In the quest, V body’s here full resonate with Johnny’s mind, so no negative impact to V’s body health bar. Consequences of this main quest, Rogue will be killed in action.

Second one is the secret path (Don’t Fear the Reaper”), which V (alone with Johnny) assault Arasaka Tower to get inside Mikoshi. Here, very noticeable V body’s is very dying (not full health bar, optics disturbed, etc). Consequences of this main quest, neither of V or Johnny friends will die in action. Interesting as note, Rogue will not shown up in the end game credits.

From both paths, inside Mikoshi, I choose V to enter the well, which brought my V male character to enter the epilogue “Path of Glory” which Johnny will remain in cyberspace with A.I Alt (in my view A.I Alt is no longer the Alt Johnny knew) forever and V coming back to earth and becomes a NC legend and then preparing for the next great heist (The Crystal Tower) sponsored by Mr. Blue Eyes.

The only difference noticeable between both paths above, in the former, if we play as Johnny, we can see V mind in cyberspace and when I choose Johnny to walk towards the cyberspace forever to join with A.I Alt, V seems very reluctant and annoyed that Johnny will enter cyberspace (despite V already have known what have happened to V’s body as A.I Alt have explained). Noted that in my view, perhaps V already have a sense of friendship and trust between V and Johnny. In the secret path, we can choose how V reacts towards Johnny while in Mikoshi.

In relation with the secret tarot card, it opens one of the remaining two tarot cards, the “Judgement” tarot card —> “One possible future. Of redemption, transition, awakening. The angel with the trumpet symbolizes the end of an era - and a call to rebirth, to a new beginning” which in my view, either “V or Johnny will have a chance of redemption”. We all know the background story of V and Johnny past regrets (if I can say so based on my view) —> V with Jackie and Johnny with his past (Alt C, Rogue, Kenny).

Noted also that there were like “off screen” events and dialogue cut scenes and small things which somehow came into my curiosity and interest, such as V managed to enter/get inside into Viktor’s clinic and shoving away Viktor’s client (perhaps with Johnny controlling V’s body without V even realizing) from Ember restaurant (in Corpo Plaza) after V meeting with Hanako Arasaka. Then the dialogue cut scene in Viktor’s clinic where V and Johnny’s mind seems to interconnected and Viktor was kinda pissed off with V loud voice/reaction towards Johnny’s comment or V’s own mind? Small things does matter.

Questions or curiosity so far (excluding the future potential dlc’s/expansions, etc):

(1) Does the “original V” (after Johnny engram inserted into V’s head) already vanish/“die” after the prologue? Noted when Jackie inserted the engram, Johnny haven’t appear yet. It was activated after Dexter shot V in the head

(2) if yes, whether the V character we have played so far during the game is an “engram V”? Or the “engram V” was just being created after the Mikoshi event (which A.I Alt successfully seperated Johnny and V at the end)? The decision of who will took over V’s body (or as the “driver”) is mainly our choice.

(3) What does Viktor and Misty (as V main NPC’s encounter since the prologue) see V from their point of view prior to the end-game major quest (despite the outcome we will choose later on)? A friend that maybe already lost his/her mind? Note that the gun and pills were prepared before going into Misty’s balcony (Why a gun (even V’s favourite) is placed at the first place?)

Noted that other NPC’s saw V only as V (without Johnny) and is dying from their human/eye point of view (despite Judy which there was some events that Judy can hear Johnny comments or “mind”). Interesting to note, some A.I’s kinda understand what actually happened to V (Delamain, Brendan, the Cloud dolls (Skye or Angel) - for example) and some particular mysterious NPC’s (Zen Master and Mr. Blue Eyes, which this NPC we can saw him from the balcony afar when V talked to Peralez on the investigation results), both in direct or indirect manner/approach.

Questions on the future potential dlc's/expansion:
(1) Can we still play as V or a completely different character? Noted in Afterlife, there is a dialogue choice with Rogue on whether V name can be named as a drink in Afterlife bar

tbh, I feel the ending is raising a lot of questions instead of answers and I felt like it's hanged (not completely finished)...

I have some questions in regards with the end-game or can I say after the post end-game major quest (Nocturne OP55N1) triggered that maybe some players willing to share their point of view. In my general limited understanding, I saw V’s main goal is to survive at whatever costs after Johnny “assaulting” V’s mind or body at first.

Noted that V as a new mercenary in NC wanna joined into the big leagues as Jackie hoped. There were three main quests afterwards (1. Evelyn - Voodoo Boys - Alt Cunningham. 2. Rogue - Panam - Hellman 3. Takemaru - Hanako Arasaka - Yorinibu Arasaka) which all have their role and interconnection with V (and Johnny).

Additionally, in terms of game play, with my first play through (spent almost 200 hours) - my character (male V) nomad, have completed all the major quests, side quests, gigs and hustles prior to the end-game major quest and Max up to Level 50 and Street Credit Level 50. Therefore it’s also kinda interesting to see the interconnection of the NPC’s, their point of view, etc kinda immerse with V main story path/goal along the way just as OP mentioned above

So while on Misty’s balcony, so far I select two endings (as Johnny suggested), first one is the Rogue’s path (“For Whom the Bell Tolls”, and “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”) —> which in this quest, Johnny (or let’s say “engram Johnny” in my view/understanding) take over V’s body and with Rogue assault Arasaka Tower to get inside Mikoshi. In the quest, V body’s here full resonate with Johnny’s mind, so no negative impact to V’s body health bar. Consequences of this main quest, Rogue will be killed in action.

Second one is the secret path (Don’t Fear the Reaper”), which V (alone with Johnny) assault Arasaka Tower to get inside Mikoshi. Here, very noticeable V body’s is very dying (not full health bar, optics disturbed, etc). Consequences of this main quest, neither of V or Johnny friends will die in action. Interesting as note, Rogue will not shown up in the end game credits.

From both paths, inside Mikoshi, I choose V to enter the well, which brought my V male character to enter the epilogue “Path of Glory” which Johnny will remain in cyberspace with A.I Alt (in my view A.I Alt is no longer the Alt Johnny knew) forever and V coming back to earth and becomes a NC legend and then preparing for the next great heist (The Crystal Tower) sponsored by Mr. Blue Eyes.

The only difference noticeable between both paths above, in the former, if we play as Johnny, we can see V mind in cyberspace and when I choose Johnny to walk towards the cyberspace forever to join with A.I Alt, V seems very reluctant and annoyed that Johnny will enter cyberspace (despite V already have known what have happened to V’s body as A.I Alt have explained). Noted that in my view, perhaps V already have a sense of friendship and trust between V and Johnny. In the secret path, we can choose how V reacts towards Johnny while in Mikoshi.

In relation with the secret tarot card, it opens one of the remaining two tarot cards, the “Judgement” tarot card —> “One possible future. Of redemption, transition, awakening. The angel with the trumpet symbolizes the end of an era - and a call to rebirth, to a new beginning” which in my view, either “V or Johnny will have a chance of redemption”. We all know the background story of V and Johnny past regrets (if I can say so based on my view) —> V with Jackie and Johnny with his past (Alt C, Rogue, Kenny).

Noted also that there were like “off screen” events and dialogue cut scenes and small things which somehow came into my curiosity and interest, such as V managed to enter/get inside into Viktor’s clinic and shoving away Viktor’s client (perhaps with Johnny controlling V’s body without V even realizing) from Ember restaurant (in Corpo Plaza) after V meeting with Hanako Arasaka. Then the dialogue cut scene in Viktor’s clinic where V and Johnny’s mind seems to interconnected and Viktor was kinda pissed off with V loud voice/reaction towards Johnny’s comment or V’s own mind? Small things does matter.

Questions or curiosity so far (excluding the future potential dlc’s/expansions, etc):

(1) Does the “original V” (after Johnny engram inserted into V’s head) already vanish/“die” after the prologue? Noted when Jackie inserted the engram, Johnny haven’t appear yet. It was activated after Dexter shot V in the head

(2) if yes, whether the V character we have played so far during the game is an “engram V”? Or the “engram V” was just being created after the Mikoshi event (which A.I Alt successfully seperated Johnny and V at the end)? The decision of who will took over V’s body (or as the “driver”) is mainly our choice.

(3) What does Viktor and Misty (as V main NPC’s encounter since the prologue) see V from their point of view prior to the end-game major quest (despite the outcome we will choose later on)? A friend that maybe already lost his/her mind? Note that the gun and pills were prepared before going into Misty’s balcony (Why a gun (even V’s favourite) is placed at the first place?)

Noted that other NPC’s saw V only as V (without Johnny) and is dying from their human/eye point of view (despite Judy which there was some events that Judy can hear Johnny comments or “mind”). Interesting to note, some A.I’s kinda understand what actually happened to V (Delamain, Brendan, the Cloud dolls (Skye or Angel) - for example) and some particular mysterious NPC’s (Zen Master and Mr. Blue Eyes, which this NPC we can saw him from the balcony afar when V talked to Peralez on the investigation results), both in direct or indirect manner/approach.

Questions on the future potential dlc's/expansion:
(1) Can we still play as V or a completely different character? Noted in Afterlife, there is a dialogue choice with Rogue on whether V name can be named as a drink in Afterlife bar

tbh, I feel the ending is raising a lot of questions instead of answers and I felt like it's hanged (not completely finished)...
That's why we are here, pretty crappy endings.

Top Bottom