Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest here - I don't know all the things you were asking for (sorry, 400 pages frighten me), but I got the general picture of issue.

From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision).
paid triss dlc.. if you make it we will pay!!..
on a lighter note thank your for visiting out little /big triss community its given us hope that we will get more triss content!!

I have to be honest here - I don't know all the things you were asking for (sorry, 400 pages frighten me), but I got the general picture of issue.

From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision).

It's simple, it's always the same things for everyone :
- Triss has no impact and not involved in any moment to the main plot of the story (except the Battle of Kaer Morhen).
- When you go the first time at Kaer Morhen, Triss is not there when it should be there for days.
- Interactions with her counted on the fingers of the hand. (The famous "Well?" during preparations for the final battle for example.)
- And one of the biggest problems is that everything is done throughout the adventure, to force the player to go to Yennefer even after choosing Triss Novigrad (choice of dialogue, the quest for Yennefer happens after Triss have chosen ...). We have the impression you are trying to make us forget Triss.

You really get the feeling that something is missing, that the writers wanted to retrace their steps, go back to how things were at the origin (Yennefer with Geralt in the novel). No one in the studio found it weird? It's still surprising.

But, you can give us a DLC "Kovir with Triss" as said above, it would be the top. Although this is a paid DLC, who cares, we pay! ^^

Even something as simple as giving Geralt the option to take Triss or Yennefer to Toussaint with him in the second expansion would be better than nothing

Even something as simple as giving Geralt the option to take Triss or Yennefer to Toussaint with him in the second expansion would be better than nothing
Fringilla and Anna Henrietta are waiting in Beauclair...No room for anyone else :D

Last edited:
I just manage to do a quest with Triss in Novagrad about a nobleman trapped in a figurine. I assume it was a hidden quest because, I didn't get it the first time playing.

I bought something from a merchant on the north side of Novagrad near the St Gregory Bridge area and took it to Triss. Not a long quest but I got to do something with the red hair beauty.

Already posted my thoughts early on in the thread so I'll just post them again. Hope this helps.

Personally I would be happy if the just add more interactions with Triss at Kaer Morhen and while on the boat or nilfgaard encampment at the end that adds a little more to the relationship (talk about rejecting Yen, maybe include Ciri in the boat conversation and let us hear her comments on the relationship, etc.). Right now there just doesn't seem to be any development in the romance for Triss.
It's basically "I love you" >sex>let's live together would like something in between the sex and let's live together part.
Also wouldn't mind some banter or slight comments from other characters on Geralt's feelings for her such as in Yen's romance (although I think Yen's needs to be fleshed out a little more as well).
As of right now the only one's who seem to know that you chose Triss or make any general remark on the Yen/Triss situation are Geralt, Triss, Djistra, and Philipa.

I just manage to do a quest with Triss in Novagrad about a nobleman trapped in a figurine. I assume it was a hidden quest because, I didn't get it the first time playing.

Yeah, there's a couple of things like that. Compressed nobleman, compressed soldier and
outrageously cute earrings at Kaer Morhen.

Last edited:
I too think that Act 3 and afterwards was bit rushed, but what I really want from CDPR is to add a Kovir expansion pack to show life of Geralt and Triss, and how they really rooted in Kovir.

Welcome to the thread :) I think we all share your disappointment with the game's third act. :X

As per your other stuff, I too would support a Kovir DLC. There's some problems but there's also some reasons why I think it could work. It is a little bit one-sided, with quite a bit of focus on Triss. I think in the future, they would likely want to avoid shifting focus again. As you can see, it didn't work out great for them. XP

However, there are a couple of reasons why I think, if handled properly, it could work. First and foremost, it doesn't need to be romance specific. Triss is an important character, romanced or not, and it wouldn't be out of character for Geralt to help her. If you didn't romance her, you show up and help her, business as usual and it's fun because it's a story and Witcher-ing is always good fun. :p Perhaps they add a little Yen stuff on the side to appease 'them'. Second, Kovir could be fun to explore in it's own right. It's this mysterious neutral land to the north with problems of it's own, I am sure. Third, it's mentioned a bunch of times throughout the game. The Baron, Triss, the mage on Skellige, you can talk about it in the beginning. There are a few others too.

I think it unlikely, however, if they decided to do it, they could do it in a way that remains true to the story and I would certainly be okay with more Triss. :heart:

It's like all the great characters are gathered in Novigrad Triss>Roche>Priscilla>Zoltan>Ves>Djikstra>Dandelio n, to me it feels like home when I'm in Novigrad and all the quests and conversations are interesting and well thought.(I also like the Velen/Baron quest) then you go to Skellige, cold place with not really exciting characters or interesting quests and plus to the cold whether you have to deal with Yen too. Collectables are placed throughout the sea. After a while I got bored and didn't collect much in Skellige.

I agree. Novigrad is the height of awesomeness in that game. The sights, the sounds, the characters, even the quests, in my opinion, are more interesting. Skellige just feels empty by comparison. Novigrad is also home to our favorite red-haired sorceress. :wub: +10 for Novigrad. Not to say I didn't enjoy Skellige, I just didn't like it as much as Velen or Novigrad. I thoroughly enjoyed the quest to kill the giant. That one was awesome. Some of the contracts are pretty cool too - just, simply put, it's not as good as Novigrad. Also, yeah, the 500 smuggler's caches in the ocean? Forget those. I was on my way to my Mastercrafted Witcher gear so I gave up after about 10 of them. XP

On the other hand I would absolutely love more interactions some time before that, e.g. the night before the final confrontation on the boat taking you all to Undvik, or after setting up camp there; I find it likely that Geralt would be spending as much time as possible with the people who matter to him the most at that time. If such a preceding scene existed, the now infamous 'Good luck' would seem ok to me; maybe a little more could be done, like a quick squeeze on the arm and a significant smile, or a moment's hug, but if they spent a lot of time talking before walking into battle I think it would seem odd. It would also disrupt the build-up of tension, I think - unless rudely interrupted.

Well I never said it had to be immediately before the final battle. Not necessarily right after the planning stage. There should have been something at some point somewhere on Skellige for Geralt to talk to those closest to him. The fact that Geralt and Triss plan their future together and that is the last real conversation they have just seems off. They've agreed to settle down far away in Kovir. They will be risking their lives in the coming days. That plan could fall apart at a moment's notice. They should be worried about one another. I just don't think there's any good reason for not including a conversation, not even a very long one, at some point before the final battle.

I also don't think it would have disrupted the build up of tension if handled properly. It could even add to it. Maybe seeing Geralt a little nervous for a change. Or Triss being properly nervous/worried about the next time they see each other. IF they see each other again. Nerves should be high before a big event like that. Like I said, it's not like there wasn't time, Avalac'h had the Sunstone. Everybody was there. I think in Mass Effect 3, they pulled it off quite nicely. Shepard calling up and talking to everyone of the former squamates was quite emotional. At least for me it was. Why not do something similar here? Say something to Yen, Triss, and Ciri. If you romanced Yen, her conversation would be different and vice versa.

If there was a proper comment/fallout from the kiss that would mollify one of my issues with it.

I am leaning towards leaving it in. Sometimes those big, emotional moments get the best of us. But this is if, and only if, they add some sort of fallout from it. Something from Triss in private. "What was with that kiss earlier?" or something with Triss and Yen in public. Not a catfight per se, but maybe a couple of harsh words between them. If they can't/won't add any reaction to it, then yeah, cut it out altogether.

Thanks for your replies!

Here is a few things I posted way earlier on that I think stand out a lot:

1)Triss is not at KM when you get there but Yen is. This is fine, all that is needed is somone to mention something, like Vesimir saying " Triss sent a letter, saying she'll be arriving to the party late, she's finishing up some things in Kovir but she misses you. Good thing I saw it before Yen" or something like that. Then Geralt can say "yeah about that.." and explain his love situation to Vesimir if he chooses to (and/or explain it to Lambert and Eskel when he tells them him and Yen arent a couple anymore, he has feelings for Triss, etc etc)
2) When Triss gets to KM, theres no dialogue with her, even tho she was clearly pissed off after the Yen kiss, and rightfully so. But why is there no dialogue to talk about that situation? pretty odd since you just confessed your love to her not too long ago in Novigrad and you cant explain/talk about it with her or yen or ciri or anyone else
3)In Skellige, obviously, she has no role whatsover. All you get is a "well?" "well?" "well?"
4) tying into that is the zero dialogue options before the battle that may be the last of your life, just a walk-by "good luck". and this is coming from the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with and confessed your love to? Just doesnt make sense.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm on team Triss since the books. ;)

In any case, this was brought to my attention earlier. I didn't answer here before simply because I can't promise you anything - but I already elaborated on that in the politics thread. Be sure that I'm aware of the issue though and that I will bring it up in the office.

Nice to know we have a Team Triss-er on the inside and a thanks for bringing up the issue.

Last edited:
On a happy note, I see we finally have some RED confirmation! Good to know we have someone from #TeamTriss too. :p This is all I was asking for at this point in time, because I know they are busy with other things. Just someone to come and basically say "we are listening" which it sounds like they are. There will be some discussions about Triss within the hallowed walls of CDPR then. :) Will they address our issues and if so, what will the finished product look like? For those sort of questions, we will just have to have some more patience.

Don't worry, I'm on team Triss since the books.

In any case, this was brought to my attention earlier. I didn't answer here before simply because I can't promise you anything - but I already elaborated on that in the politics thread. Be sure that I'm aware of the issue though and that I will bring it up in the office.

I just wanted to say thank you for the reply. :) We've been waiting for you for a long time. :lol: Also, I wanted to ask, is there anything more we could be doing to help our chances? Are we on the right track? Is there an issue you think we should shift our focus on? Or should we simply continue to talk about all things Triss?

But as far my understanding goes still nothing decided

Sounds like they will be discussing it though. Definitely a step in the right direction. :)

---------- Updated at 01:46 AM ----------

We also passed 600 votes in our favor ^_^

And I'm done... I could cry, I won't but I could.

I can't believe its finally over, the effort, the time, the sacrifices made in terms family and friends. Still completely worth it.

You see over the last 4 days I have been reading this entire thread, from start to finish. Every post, every personal opinion, every touching Triss screenshot. From the fan suggested DLC, to the dialogue examples, from the 'my' Geralt debate to the random college degree discussion, from the 5 posts from moderators (If I remember correctly) to the long awaited, and very rewarding RED reply, I have read it ALL.

I'm not going to write a wall of text about my feelings towards Triss' content or about my ideal fix to the issue. Its all been expressed perfectly in the 4000 other posts in this thread. I would just like to thank all of those who took the time to add to this thread, it was very interesting reading others views on this topic and I hope that CD projekt RED addresses these concerns in the future.

Oh and if anyone was thinking about doing what I did and reading this entire thread, don't. Please, save yourself the time and read the OP.

Just go all out and make it a Kovir expansion full of Triss, Yen, Dandy Lion, Zoltan, and delicious politics. It'd sell like hot cakes.

Yeah, never ever, I know.

I like this idea a lot. A little expansion that post end-game where we can see Geralt's place with Triss or Yen. Maybe a few years later and there's a reunion of sorts with the characters. They can talk about how the world has changed and how they all are getting on with each other. It would be nice to have some form of reconciliation with between Geralt and Yen or Geralt and Triss (if you chose Yen). I know creating to different areas for two different outcomes could be labor intensive but honestly I wouldn't care how big the area we can explore is (hell, it could just be the interior of the house) as long as we get some more closure with these characters.

I know it sounds pretty cheesy and not that in keeping with the darker world of the Witcher but if it's going to be the last time we get to spend with these characters then I think it would be nice for the fans.

Thank you for your honesty and candor on this subject...I refuse to give up hope. I think the issues here are just too glaring to be forgotten or passed over. It's the difference of have an A- or an A+...CDPR seem to be kind that of dev that WANTs that perfect score. And this story is SOOOO close to be 1000 out of 1000!

Thank you for taking the time and replying! It means a lot to us Trissians :)

I was thinking that instead of doing a whole "new" expansion/DLC that it might be easier to establish one in a place the game already recognises. (The Chameleon for example) and give us a neutral quest with old friends (Dandelion and Zoltan) and your chosen relationship. I feel like this might satisfy all sides of the dice and hope it wouldn't take as many resources as creating a whole new expansion.

Thank you for a fully submerging experience in The Witcher 3 and here's to more adventures with Geralt of Rivia!

Finally a response! Thanks CDPR, you really are the freaking best. I couldn't really say anything about Triss anymore since everything was already so well written out. Just wanted to show my support. :)

Don't worry, I'm on team Triss since the books. ;)

Out of all the posts to quote, you quote my silly post :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom