The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graphically - Smoke, Fire, Particles etc - it really doesn't look all that different.

Different scene composition, and as I think everyone has come to acknowledge the lighting has changed (Still hard to know for sure what TOD the new version is taking place at, and whether that's during the darkest night possible), but graphically speaking they both look fantastic, and I'm actually shocked at how great that fire looks considering it came off real ugly in the Elder Blood Trailer.

Graphically - Smoke, Fire, Particles etc - it really doesn't look all that different.

Different scene composition, and as I think everyone has come to acknowledge the lighting has changed (Still hard to know for sure what TOD the new version is taking place at, and whether that's during the darkest night possible), but graphically speaking they both look fantastic, and I'm actually shocked at how great that fire looks considering it came off real ugly in the Elder Blood Trailer.

Then you are lucky.

Kinda miss the darker night.

But I'm really liking Eredin's redesign. He looked way too cumbersome for my liking, I couldn't take him seriously. Now he just seems like he's come to work, damn it. Field gear. Remember how in the books Emhyr didn't travel around looking like a clown, but wore relatively simple clothes? I find it more impressive in a roundabout way. The same thing with the King right here.

Ahhhh, I went whole broken record again thanks to you guys, but: Other than flawed colours and high gamma (Thanks to YouTube - You can't seriously think the blacks will look that gray in the game), different scene composition, and an open night so that you can see the effect of full-blown moonlight (which gives the blue-ish vibe) I am not seeing that much of graphical difference there. Yes, fire effects look a tad bit worse (less particles and no volumetric smoke obviously), but it looks a lot better than the Elder Blood trailer; and all in all pretty good in my book. Also look at the atmosphere in the scene that comes right after the VGX scene in that Russian video you posted; it's amazing with the mist and the sun coming from those trees.

Also you need to remember the YouTuber who showed the Ultra settings said that the footage that he can see from his own YouTube video doesn't do the game justice. He said it is closer to how the game looked on "Low" settings for God's sake... I mean, with the amount of knowledge that we have, (and how AMAZING the last few screenshots looked), I'd say the game will definitely look better than those YT videos (at least colour and definition - not being washed-out - wise).

In another case, I can understand how people preffered the old "atmosphere", as @OliverDK stated before. But overall graphics quality-wise, I think it's pretty damn amazing; and I'd say the same as SoD (some improvements, some setbacks, but "overall" same as SoD). And yeah, I guess I'm "lucky", as you call it @amfibiya89; for not being able to see these small details :) I sure as hell will enjoy more, and I'm happy for that.

Ahhhh, I went whole broken record again thanks to you guys, but: Other than flawed colours and high gamma (Thanks to YouTube - You can't seriously think the blacks will look that gray in the game), different scene composition, and an open night so that you can see the effect of full-blown moonlight (which gives the blue-ish vibe) I am not seeing that much of graphical difference there. Yes, fire effects look a tad bit worse (less particles and no volumetric smoke obviously), but it looks a lot better than the Elder Blood trailer; and all in all pretty good in my book. Also look at the atmosphere in the scene that comes right after the VGX scene in that Russian video you posted; it's amazing with the mist and the sun coming from those trees.

Also you need to remember the YouTuber who showed the Ultra settings said that the footage that he can see from his own YouTube video doesn't do the game justice. He said it is closer to how the game looked on "Low" settings for God's sake... I mean, with the amount of knowledge that we have, (and how AMAZING the last few screenshots looked), I'd say the game will definitely look better than those YT videos (at least colour and definition - not being washed-out - wise).

In another case, I can understand how people preffered the old "atmosphere", as @OliverDK stated before. But overall graphics quality-wise, I think it's pretty damn amazing; and I'd say the same as SoD (some improvements, some setbacks, but "overall" same as SoD). And yeah, I guess I'm "lucky", as you call it @amfibiya89; for not being able to see these small details :) I sure as hell will enjoy more, and I'm happy for that.

:) If anybody will say that game looks bad or something like that i can surely say that "you are an IDIOT" Game is amazing. And currently i am in 15 min and 39 s of that video. And am only watching that visuals. Not listening. But will after that. So i will watch this 1 hour video 2 time. First for only visuals. Second for understanding what Anton is saying. So game really looks good.

But how excellent it would be if RED did not show us This F****G VGX trailer. The life would be more easy.

---------- Updated at 05:34 PM ----------

EDIT: I see every small details. All improvements and others (i do not want to tell that word :)) The differences. Even the differences that hairwork between 2 build ;)

---------- Updated at 05:58 PM ----------

Actually we can see all beauty of the game from this video. I watched 5 minute. And really what we saw before from other YTers were real joke.Man this game really looks amazing. (except VGX :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI020ktIaVA

i pressume this resolves all now

Last edited:
im really woried about dark areas being grey and not black, coz its like that even in the screens and looks bad, especially in the interiors

Maybe sometime in the future someone will release a "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt VGX Edition" overhaul mod.

What bother me most is that the fire is too light yellow or cold looking, not only in this particular scene but in pretty much all recent material. Where as before it looked more dark orange not only in the VGX trailer but in the 35 minute demo as well.

@SpeedRunner101 The clouds were never announced to be fully volumetric though. It was semi-volumetric, and we can see those semi-volumetric clouds several times in the footages (as linked A LOT before around here). But of course not all of them are semi-volumetric. The coulds high up in the sky are just a skybox (A mighty good one though I must say, with being dynamic and all. The skybox in this game look stunning to me - thanks to Jose, a.k.a. God of Clouds). Also I have mixed observations about the draw distance. In some instances in the latest footages I can see the DD being huge, in some of them there is the DD fog (Well, some of it might be normal fog; but some has to be DD fog indeed) apparent. So I'm going to guess that the SoD draw distance is still there, but depending on the burden of the scene, or how unblocked of a view point you have (if you are atop a high mountain, the game will have to show you more stuff, hence lowered DD) we will still have a damn huge DD.

Really? I haven't seen any. Could you direct me to a link?

---------- Updated at 07:17 PM ----------

i pressume this resolves all now

Yeah the flames are lower resolution now. Kinda the "classic" video game fire effect where it looks like fiery clouds instead of actual flames. Plus, fewer sparks, lower quality smoke

And how it proves that it was actually implemented in TW2 ? This is just a library that brings Tessellation functionality to Dx9. Tessellation is a big performance hitter so the games that use it allows you to either turn it on or off in graphic settings. Witcher 2 has no such option anywhere.

You assume much. I never said it was used in W2. I just pointed out in fact that it was possible to have tessellation in DX9 games. Whether it was used by devs is another matter entirely. Some here were acting as if DX9 had no tessellation. I wanted to stop people from spreading FUD! Should sound familiar..... ;-)

Is that like the new look of The King Of The Wild Hunt? It seems like they changed his armor to a simpler one. I don't know why they changed it, maybe there are different types of them, but I prefer the more complex one.

Attachments

• tBEjiMB.jpg
    tBEjiMB.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 36
Imo the new armor looks much better. It looks like he actually can fight in it and it's purpose isn't just to look intimidating.Additionally Eredin looked too bulky in the old one. Glad they redesigned him.

Just imagine trying to fight with his giant spiky shoulder armor, you'd stab yourself in the face if you hold your sword up too high.

@SpeedRunner101 These are just screens from the gameplay trailer, I remember seeing some in YouTuber footages as well. (Oh, and these are just from Kaer Morhen, that needs to be stated as well, for objectivity)

I also saw some chimney smokes :) They are probably semi-volumetric, but it'll do for now I guess ;)

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I said that maybe there are different types of armor. While the newer one is more practical, the old one is more .. hm. "Godly" I guess, more tradional. It's like the new one is the one he would use to fight, and the old one is one he would use when he was more commanding his knights and just conquering things..

@SpeedRunner101 These are just screens from the gameplay trailer, I remember seeing some in YouTuber footages as well. (Oh, and these are just from Kaer Morhen, that needs to be stated as well, for objectivity)

I also saw some chimney smokes :) They are probably semi-volumetric, but it'll do for now I guess ;)
Oh yeah you're right!

Hopefully they appear a lot. They are BEAUTIFUL

I wouldn't worry about the guy's armor. People will definitely mod it. Maybe YOU WILL.

I have to say I'd feel a LOT more comfortable about the things I see as faulty in this game if I knew how the hell to tweak files and create mods.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I said that maybe there are different types of armor. While the newer one is more practical, the old one is more .. hm. "Godly" I guess, more tradional. It's like the new one is the one he would use to fight, and the old one is one he would use when he was more commanding his knights and just conquering things..

They redesigned his armor. A dev confirmed it some months ago on the polish forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom