The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Hi guys, I guess there are dozens of similar posts but I don't think I can read hundreds of pages this week.
So here it goes: I pre-ordered the game quite early, before the requirements were announced, I didn't think much about whether my laptop could run it. Its specs: i5-3210m@2.50ghz / 8gb ram / gt650m . I've been seriously thinking about contacting support to request a refund, yet I really really want to play the game and I've always heard that the game was greatly optimized and would work on PCs that witcher 2 did. What do you think, is there any chance of running it in a playable way?

Hi guys, I guess there are dozens of similar posts but I don't think I can read hundreds of pages this week.
So here it goes: I pre-ordered the game quite early, before the requirements were announced, I didn't think much about whether my laptop could run it. Its specs: i5-3210m@2.50ghz / 8gb ram / gt650m . I've been seriously thinking about contacting support to request a refund, yet I really really want to play the game and I've always heard that the game was greatly optimized and would work on PCs that witcher 2 did. What do you think, is there any chance of running it in a playable way?

Probably lower settings. You might get 25-30 FPS on medium.

I'd doubt that, sight unseen. His processor is slower than an i5-2500 by a noticeable margin. The 650M is also to be expected to be at around one model 'less' than a full power desktop card... which is two cards 'less' than the minimum specification.

Will it "run". Yes, I think so. Low settings could be safe, but at what resolution and framerate? Some of the medium settings may improve IQ without too much performance loss, but there may not be enough oomph for medium preset.

Is it possible to play on max settings including hair physics at 30fps, 1366x768 resolution with a gtx 970, 8gb ram and an intel i5 3450 3.1 GHz(3.5 GHz max turbo frequency) or is the the cpu too weak?

Hello everyone, undoubtedly a lot of us are wondering what kind of computer we'll need to play on the higher settings. My worry is, that I won't be able to play at all. My worry is also about my CPU.

My setup:
GTX 960
i5 760 2.8ghz OC.ed to 3.2ghz
8gb RAM

So I guess my worry is that I don't meet the minimum CPU requirements. Will these specs let me play on low at all? I play Dragon Age Inquisition and GTAV at high settings with 50fps+ average at 1080p

Last edited:
Core i3's should underperform the stated minimum Core i5, since they're 4 bogocores, not 4 physical cores. But any Sandy Bridge is still a formidable CPU, and as Lieste said, it's still the equal (better, in my experience) than the stated minimum Phenom II.

Hey guys,

can I run TW3 on my laptop with following specs:

Intel Quad Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz
GeForce GT 770M
8 GB RAM

If I can run it, what quality can I expect?

Thanks a lot!

Wasn't sure if it was posted already, but Nvidia has stated that there will be a new driver released "shortly" before the game will be released. In the link below they also explain which settings you can use with video cards from their 900 series.

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-your-system-ready

Also stated that SLI profile comes with TW3 ready driver. Interesting chart btw:

According to this 4 GB of VRAM should be enough for 4K. Two GTX980 in SLI needed though. Somehow I still don't buy that 4 GB VRAM for 4K would be enough. Maybe it has something to do with streaming from DDR4 would be sufficient speed for 4K on GTX980 SLI.. dunno. No ..doesn't sound right.

Attachments

• gtx1.jpg
    gtx1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hey guys,

can I run TW3 on my laptop with following specs:

Intel Quad Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz
GeForce GT 770M
8 GB RAM

If I can run it, what quality can I expect?

Thanks a lot!

GTX 770m is slightly below the minimum GTX 660. But from memory clock speed only. Other than that you are good to go monster huntin'. I would expect medium with some low settings 30 fps 1080p.

Assuming you are running Windows 7/8.1 64-bits.

Last edited:
I'm so confuse about this game???

Both my GPU and CPU cannot even run this game on minimal requirement? Yet I was able to run Witcher 2 on high setting?

I have a Ati Radeon HD 5850 and it only has 1 GB VRAM but The Witcher 3 require 1.5 GB VRAM minimal?

What does this mean? Can I not run this game on say 900p on low setting or would it fry my video card? Resolution isn't that important to me.

This is the first game that I am interested in that I cannot run even on the bare minimal? Dragon Age Inquisition came out and I'm able to run it on medium setting with around 45 fps.

Is my video card worst than a Playstation 4 video card now and if that the case how come I don't experience Jaggie like you would on console, so clearly my video card is not inferior to a PS4 GPU is it not?

I don't know if upgrading my computer CPU, GPU, and maybe Motherboard (if new GPU even fit in it) is better than say buying a Playstation 4 and playing it on my SDTV (no jaggie)?

I don't know how powerful the Playstation 4 hardware is since I have never actually seen game play footage in person. I don't know how much or how little Jaggie there are compare to the Playstation 3.

There not enough PS4 exclusive to justify getting a Playstation 4. At the same time, my computer was in a car accident and sometime I get the Blue Screen of Death so I don't know how stable my computer is as well. I really want to play The Witcher 3 but I don't know what to do at this point.

I have enough money to build the greatest computer if I wanted but I am a very smart shopper. I do not care about future proof, I only care about current, and so far there isn't 10 good game like the Witcher 3 that could max out at 4K resolution pre downgrade so a Titan GPU is not justify, and the price is just downright insane. I remember when top of the line GPU were 300 to 500 dollars now it from 700 dollars to 1500 dollars...

I'm not sure what to do. I like the PS4 controller a lot and I do like the fact I will never have to worry about virus or fps drop with the PS4. However I will miss out on awesome pre-order bonus for the Witcher 3 and that I won't be able to use mod. At the same time I can always sell my PS4 games, which is something I can't do on PC.

Can someone tell me if I can still run Witcher 3 or do I really need 1.5 VRAM GPU? Thanks

Last edited:
well minimum specs are normaly there where devs think it will run reasonable . that said its really hard to say ..i guess the best way to find out if you try to be honnest if not. a new 670 +960 should not be to expansive i would guess. i personaly invested a few years back in a titan card .. just to make shure i can run games as high as possible as long as possible =)

The minimum GTX 660 and HD 7870 have actually 2 GB of VRAM. I would suggest that you wait for a performance analysis after the game launch. There are texture downscaling tweaks that may allow it to run on your gpu. That said I think PS4 would be far better and if you have only a 2 core processor then it's a lot worse (you didn't mention what cpu you have). But I repeat; Wait for performance tests with downscaling tweaks and how they look and perform. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Those minimums are there for a reason.

Can my PC run TW3?

Hello everyone. As the title says, do you think that my computer can run the game even on low settings? I've already seen the min and max specs and i know they are a bit demanding :p Thanks!

CPU: Inter Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz
RAM: Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Diamond
GPU: Asus HD7770 1GB DirectCU GDDR5
PSU: Thermaltake 850W
HDD: WD 500GB

So after the Nvidia image, and after seeing the 960 @ High on that Youtube video, we can guess the 970 will be the Ultra Machine right? to do Ultra wihtout the extra feature that is Hairworks?

Hello everyone. As the title says, do you think that my computer can run the game even on low settings? I've already seen the min and max specs and i know they are a bit demanding :p Thanks!

CPU: Inter Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz
RAM: Corsair 4GB 1333Mhz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Diamond
GPU: Asus HD7770 1GB DirectCU GDDR5
PSU: Thermaltake 850W
HDD: WD 500GB

RAM can be a problem.

Top Bottom