The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
His post was actually a wishlist post. All I did was clear the air since he was posting based on outdated ideas. I see nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, but since we already have a whole thread dedicated to the potions issue I think it would make more sense over there (instead of discussimg the topic here again). Especially since he asked for our feedback for his suggestions which isn't a good idea on the wishlist thread here imo... ;)

Chain weapon

Since the chain, I assume silver, was in both the short stories and the corresponding cinematic, would you want it in Wither 3, or possible future games? Or any other weapons that Geralt has used (which I can't think of right now)?

It would be amazing IMO.

Being able to throw it so is binding the monster and hurting it for a few seconds and using it in order to force the monster closer would be really cool.

Something like Seventh Son chain against witches ? I just dont know how it will look as ranged weapon. For me its easier to load crossbow with bola missiles.

I expect it could work a bit like Catwoman's bolo in Arkham City. I'd love to see it in the game. Could be difficult to implement though.

I expect it could work a bit like Catwoman's bolo in Arkham City. I'd love to see it in the game. Could be difficult to implement though.

Yeah that is a good idea.

You'll have to aim and throw it and then it is starting to wrap itself around the monster (like in the video with the Striga in TW1)

This one (at 3:09) =>

Yeah, steel chain for people, silver chain for monsters, dimeretium chain for mages...- I think it's a little over the top already :) We'll be able to spam with crossbow bolts instead

It could be really cool for use against certain monsters or tripping up humanoids. Sadly I don't see it making it into the game as something like that wouldn't be too easy to implement considering that we haven't seen a single tool that Geralt uses that resembles the type of gameplay the chain style weapon would bring. That means they would have to create a bunch of assets, control methods and AI reactions which is a lot of work this late in development.

Maybe in a mod or post launch update :D

Uhm, ok. My previous post somehow got deleted. Let me try again:

The chain attack animations could be identical to the sword. It's not a ranged weapon, but one that wraps around a humanoid enemy on impact. Said enemy is bound for a moment; silver chain could drain life from monsters, barbed chain could drain blood from humans, etc. This way no extra animations from Geralt are needed, just chain physics.

No no no, that chain will turn the Witcher 3 in Castlevania. Silver bolas for crossbow its the only option i want to see something like that chain. Turn it in Whip will ruin all swordsmen atmosphere from the game. Dont wanna that.

No no no, that chain will turn the Witcher 3 in Castlevania. Silver bolas for crossbow its the only option i want to see something like that chain. Turn it in Whip will ruin all swordsmen atmosphere from the game. Dont wanna that.

I disagree.

Sure, making it a whip is idiotic, but imagine it making it like the bolas of catwoman in arkham city, you can take the chain and throw it at a monster, they will be hurt and shortly incapacitated. Like the video I posted.

Yeah.Thats what im talking about. Something binding. Like the trap(maybe razor trap like that in Hensel and Grethel movie),bomb or bola arrow. Make it a close combat weapon sure is terrible idea.

Last edited:
Just in case it hasn't been mentioned 100 times already - waypoints. For god's sake, let us set waypoints on the map again. I HATE looking for stuff I've already found.

Just a tiny thing I want to mention

View attachment 4078

Could we please get the exact stat difference between two items, swords in this case, next to the green/red arrows or somewhere there? Seeing quick which one has more positive values is a great first step but you devs as RPG players know that we will ALL do math again and again to see if another sword has a bit more points here and there.

Just a: [ Physical Damage +37 >> 14 ] would do..

Attachments

• 2tYd5ij.jpg
    2tYd5ij.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Top Bottom