The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I remember from the books Yennefer was in Kaer Morhen quite often so the other Witchers know her for sure. Though I think there wasn't any info about what they were thinking about her. So the CDPR has freedom here and can build relationship the way they want.

So the CDPR has freedom here and can build relationship the way they want.

Hm... as far as i have understood @theta77... we the gamers will have the full freedom to build the
relationship with Yennefer or Triss... or even not at all... or maybe with both? *shrugs* This all will depend
on your personal preferences, how die hard "Yennefer only true love" you are, how the game events influence
your decisions during your playthrough and so on and so forth...

I don't know man, Triss definitely wanted to follow Geralt right after TW2, so there's a big chance that she will be with him at the start of TW3. Unless the game starts after he finds Yennefer, in which case I bet Triss would be gone.

To clarify, the game starts with Geralt travelling with Vesemir in search of Yennefer. Triss is not present, and one would guess is that she's putting her efforts to assist in the war against the invading force.
I think she is in Skellig, at least the first time your codex is updated about Triss is in a conversation with Yennefer.

That scene you're talking about takes place in the Palace of Vizima. It's speculated that Triss is in Novigrad.

Hm... as far as i have understood @theta77... we the gamers will have the full freedom to build the
relationship with Yennefer or Triss... or even not at all... or maybe with both? *shrugs* This all will depend
on your personal preferences, how die hard "Yennefer only true love" you are, how the game events influence
your decisions during your playthrough and so on and so forth...
I mean relationship between Yennefer and other Witchers

Don' t you think we can influence that one too? I guess our opinion will matter for Yennefer / Triss, because
we re (as Geralt) important for them. Also its right, our fellow witchers know them both for a long time by
the time of TW3. Wonder how dynamic that interacting will be... but i assume there will be some things ;)

This is a pretty accurate picture (I placed a spoiler tag to not fill the forum with it).

It will be very disappointing if CDPR link each character to a political faction

Agreed. But at the same time - I can't see politics not influencing the relationship, at least to some degree. Even without the Lodge, Triss has always been very passionate about opposing the Empire and that's something CDPR didn't change about her. She won't be very happy if Geralt just supports Nilfgaard at every step.
Liking both Triss and Nilfgaard is pure suffering.

This is a pretty accurate picture (I placed a spoiler tag to not fill the forum with it).

So is this one.
I placed a spoiler tag to not trigger anyone:

Attachments

• W3 the true story.jpg
    W3 the true story.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 115
Agreed. But at the same time - I can't see politics not influencing the relationship, at least to some degree. Even without the Lodge, Triss has always been very passionate about opposing the Empire and that's something CDPR didn't change about her. She won't be very happy if Geralt just supports Nilfgaard at every step.
Liking both Triss and Nilfgaard is pure suffering.

Agreed, even if Yen is no in bed with Nilfgaard (so to speak), Triss surely will oppose them (as will Vesemir and the other Witchers of the North, I recon). So, even if Yen is playing her own game (which she usually does), she could end up "on the other side" of everyone close to Geralt.

So is this one.
I placed a spoiler tag to not trigger anyone:

Trigger warnings... seriously?

And since when Yen support Nilfgaarians instead use them?

Yen broke from the Lodge for Ciri. Triss didn't. Yen refused a lot of things for Ciri. Triss didn't. Geralt and ¨Triss were together beside Foltest, he because kingslayer, she because Lodge.

Yes, Triss can have a lot of good reasons to be chosen by also a lot of good reason to be rejected. Here nobody is so honest or generous as we want believe.

And Geralt have any wish to support one or other faction while his loverones be save. I don't see how being in a side or other (if this happens) can affect Geralt's feelings, even more if Ciri is chased by the Wild Hunt.

Last edited:
And from when Yen support Nilfgaarians instead use them?

She's working pretty closely with Emhyr. Indeed, she's probably just using his resources to reach Ciri, like I said before. Maybe she's "playing her own game" a little too hard, like @warbaby2 says.
Considering Emhyr's disdain for magic users, I think there might be something else going on.

Trigger warnings... seriously?

A mere joke.
I know how touchy some of our Yennefriends get sometimes.

Considering Emhyr's disdain for magic users, I think there might be something else going on.
Bags the question: What does he want with Ciri in the first place? He's just to... unknowable in his intentions for now... so is Yen, for that matter. Also: We still don't kn ow if the state of the North at the end of Witcher 2 will have any effect on how magic hold up in general right now.

A mere joke.
I know how touchy some of our Yennefriends get sometimes.
Well, since I have an emotional age higher then 12, the only word triggering me is "triggerword". ;)
...and I'm team Triss, since redheads rock.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see there's people know already about those five years of Yen under amnesia. and what she did and why and how. Now... Why I need CDPR or playing tw·. All those Yen's spoilers have made my day....

He's just to... unknowable in his intentions for now... so is Yen, for that matter.
Well, on the topic of Yen, she was allegedly insane for a while and did some really strange things, according to Letho. Wouldn't it be an ballsy of CDPR to change her character just enough that she could have the blank slate of a high-functioning insane woman? I mean, Geralt got a blank slate that's enough for us to change his character a little through RPG. How much has Yen changed? She may be similar to book!Yen on the surface... I doubt it, but I'm entertaining the notion anyway.

Sorry man, this has been posted here since OH MY ..... 2013??? when i started to post here?!
(at my REAL join date) can ' t remember but this spoiler is no spoiler anymore... although its wrong
Geralt has to stay BETWEEN them by now ;)

Yen broke from the Lodge for Ciri. Triss didn't. Yen refused a lot of things for Ciri. Triss didn't. Geralt and ¨Triss were together beside Foltest, he because kingslayer, she because Lodge.

Yes, Triss can have a lot of good reasons to be chosen by also a lot of good reason to be rejected. Here nobody is so honest or generous as we want believe.

Yeah i think that is the whole "problem" with Triss, since the books just say what she did NOT
instead of going a bit deeper in the whole relationship and what she MIGHT do or MIGHT HAVE
done if the game lore would ve been in the books.... when Triss abandons the lodge aka the
lodge cuts off Triss.

So understandable its more like Yennefer all over here :D even with me, who doesn' t blend out
the game events ;)

Last edited:
Yes...
she could have changed until the point she support the man who asked them commit suicide, and wanted to have a son with his own teenager daughter

Absolutly plausible :)

Last edited:
Well, on the topic of Yen, she was allegedly insane for a while and did some really strange things, according to Letho. Wouldn't it be an ballsy of CDPR to change her character just enough that she could have the blank slate of a high-functioning insane woman? I mean, Geralt got a blank slate that's enough for us to change his character a little through RPG. How much has Yen changed? She may be similar to book!Yen on the surface... I doubt it, but I'm entertaining the notion anyway.

I don't think she was actually insane. Letho just says that she was a toxic old cunt. She was trying to seduce his vipers, starting trouble in every village, constantly messing shit up, etc. Typical Yen stuff, you know.
And I doubt CDPR will change her. They might try to avoid the Yen that was in the short stories, but if they stray too far from the novels - some people will definitely be pissed. Besides, #TeamTriss won't change their minds just because Yen in the games is slightly more approachable or something.

I don't think she was actually insane. Letho just says that she was a toxic old cunt. She was trying to seduce his vipers, starting trouble in every village, constantly messing shit up, etc. Typical Yen stuff, you know.
And I doubt CDPR will change her. They might try to avoid the Yen that was in the short stories, but if they stray too far from the novels - some people will definitely be pissed. Besides, #TeamTriss won't change their minds just because Yen in the games is slightly more approachable or something.

Most likely not... don't get me wrong, I'm very intrigued how CDPR will depict Yen, and what her role in the story will be, but I doubt she will be as... endearing as Triss is. A big part of Yens personality (and appeal) is the fact that she can be anything from wise and haughty to a crazy, loose cannon.

And since when Yen support Nilfgaarians instead use them?

And Geralt have any wish to support one or other faction while his loverones be save. I don't see how being in a side or other (if this happens) can affect Geralt's feelings, even more if Ciri is chased by the Wild Hunt.

Geralt proved more than once that he does not care what ANYBODY thinks (not even Yennefer) when it comes to Ciri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom