This is the year when TW3 is going to be released (duh)

+
501105 said:
One could ask themselves wether Dragon Age is that much closer to being done or wether they actually have a sound PR plan.
Well they did say it's in a playable state.

I think CDPR are better off showing the game when they feel it's ready for public. The leaked demo proved that it was severely unpolished at that time and would only result in negative publicity.

Compare that footage to say what we saw in the VGX trailer, they've made tremendous improvement.

Although, IMO they should post some more screenshots.

501105 said:
It is only logical that discussions about the game overall are fairly lacking, when you have two tidbits of footage and a died off stream of info there is just not that much to discuss. Even the topics and conversations about what you would like to see become barren at some point. I would argue that the new Dragon Age game is being handled much better. Clear footage has been shown and the devs post regular updates and that has paid of (which is all the more impressive considering the second game).

One could ask themselves wether Dragon Age is that much closer to being done or wether they actually have a sound PR plan.

Are you forgetting that DAI was expected to be released long time ago, and Bioware took another year? No wonder they have so much material because they wanted to release it like 4 month ago. TW3 is probably in the middle of development cycle, DAI was about to be released long time ago, but they decided to improve on a finished game they already had. How exactly is it a better marketing strategy when we are comparing a finished game postponed, and a game still in development?

vivaxardas said:
Are you forgetting that DAI was expected to be released long time ago, and Bioware took another year? No wonder they have so much material because they wanted to release it like 4 month ago. TW3 is probably in the middle of development cycle, DAI was about to be released long time ago, but they decided to improve on a finished game they already had. How exactly is it a better marketing strategy when we are comparing a finished game postponed, and a game still in development?

Judging from the fact that they barely managed to have a full build for the end of the year, I would say that the delay was not just to polish things up and add new content. The dev updates also make clear that Dragon Age is anything but done right now, so I would not view it as anything finished.

The point stays the same though, TW3 has had a terrible year marketing wise. If CD Projekt had a goal of complete wasting every bit of hype generated with their reveal, then kudos to them, fully succeeded. I get the idea of generating spikes in content and interest, but showing of a few seconds and then keeping completely silent for 6 months is not the way to go and keep interest.

As far as marketing strategies go 2 different developers and 2 different marketing strategies . CDPR has nothing to prove to it`s fans and followers where Bioware does especially after their release of DA2 and the release of ME3 didn`t help their cause any either . I`m quite sure the hype train for TW3 will kick in this year . We just need to be a little patient to see what CDPR has up their sleeve .

Do note I am not bashing Bioware in fact I have several of their games . All i`m saying is that after you have a couple of back to back releases that don`t do so well . Your fans start to question your abilities as a developer then you have to prove to them that you`ve still got what it takes .

I can't believe people are getting riled up over this. First off, it's their game to market. Secondly, whenever they show anything, every gaming site lights up like a christmas tree. They have a solid reputation now, I'm personally not too worried.

Mixed feelings about this. I do hope for a 2014 release but still know developers need time to polish up their creation. I(we) know however that CDPR will probably continue to polish and improve the game until Enhanced Edition. They are great that way.

11-11-2014 is my prediction, but like others on this topic, I would happily accept an extension into 2015 if that helps them to put out a better game.

i doubt TW3 will manage this year to be out. Why?

Because if CDPR is going to release it this year, they would have announced the release date and giving preorders now.

I m looking at an early 2015. Plus the sheer size of the world and the stuff it has, it would be a miracle to get everything done with few bugs by 2014.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but if Witcher 3 is gonna be released around july/aug etc, we would have a release date and system requirements already.

Anyway i got a new AMD r9 270. It pains to hear that Nvidia effects are in place. Should have went geforce. Should have.

WindhelmGuard said:
i doubt TW3 will manage this year to be out. Why?

Because if CDPR is going to release it this year, they would have announced the release date and giving preorders now.

I m looking at an early 2015. Plus the sheer size of the world and the stuff it has, it would be a miracle to get everything done with few bugs by 2014.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but if Witcher 3 is gonna be released around july/aug etc, we would have a release date and system requirements already.

Anyway i got a new AMD r9 270. It pains to hear that Nvidia effects are in place. Should have went geforce. Should have.

It doesn't have to be July/August. It can be October/November.

I hope the technical team-GOG CDPR be prepared for the first day of downloading the game .... because we will be a few thousand impatient players that we connect at a time. Ready for a tsunami of downloads, guys?

JackBauer24 said:
It doesn't have to be July/August. It can be October/November.

wow i dread waiting that long or into 2015 but it seems october/nov could be the right time.
Watching an A graded game trailer with so much hype and no clear date of release, the pain could not be more lol. I do hope i m alive then.

Wichat said:
I hope the technical team-GOG CDPR be prepared for the first day of downloading the game .... because we will be a few thousand impatient players that we connect at a time. Ready for a tsunami of downloads, guys?

Not if I preload the game on Steam!

Wichat said:
Here's hoping GOG has a preload option because I sure as hell will use it.

TheMorbidAtheist said:
Not if I preload the game on Steam!
I like Steam too, it's a great service, but don't you want to give the entire payment for The Witcher 3 to GOG? After all, it's a company owned by CD Project.

LoneWolf1981 said:
I like Steam too, it's a great service, but don't you want to give the entire payment for The Witcher 3 to GOG? After all, it's a company owned by CD Project.

I like Steam achievements, Screenshot uploads, automatic updates and I like to be able to play games on my laptop at my other place without having to worry about bringing my save files over since Steam cloud does that for many games now.

This game is at least 10 months away and who knows, it might even be delayed to 2015. I get depressed even by thinking about it.

vivaxardas said:
If I to make a wild guess, I would say November-December 2014. Let's say 12/13/14 simply because it looks kinda nice and easy to remember ;)/>

Heh, and then they would go and polish the game for a month and release it in January 2015. So basically you could still say "a year from now".

Food for thought.

As depressing as it sounds, I think the game's best served early 2015. Why? well because from everything they said so far about the game, it's in pre-alpha stage. the game's fully open world with lots of quests, enemies, dialog, event scripts and so on...which basically means lots and lots and lots of potential bugs.

CDP are very good at what they do, but to go from pre-alpha to a fully polished game from now to the end of the year is a stretch. Anyone remember the Gothic 3 release many years ago? Big open world, lots to do, but released way too early before the game was up to any polished state.

Look at UBisoft's "Watch Dogs". Another big open world game with an ambitious premise delayed so that it could be fully polished.

Agent_Blue

I do seem to notice a groundswell of pro-postponement sentiment around here. Or is it a pre-emptive lowering of one's expectations? Or is it a tentative go at pressuring CDProjekt into releasing something, anything? Or all of the above?

TW2 (source)

1. Announced: September 18, 2009
( 553 days )
2. First gameplay video: March 25, 2011.
( 53 days )
3. Release: May 17, 2011.

So if we are to put faith on a mid-November release, we can expect extensive gameplay footage to surface by late September. Now, I shan't be terribly surprised if the game does get pushed back, but let's see if by March CDProjekt's languish striptease is still stuck at the winking level and no skin is showing.

Top Bottom