Tomasz Baginski wants to turn "The Witcher" into a feature film.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe after 3 comes out, that'll shift a lot more.

I do agree with your posts, and I think TW3 has the chance to reach orbit. "Realistic" CG movies come in for stick because even by the time of release they can look dated, though I feel that may be plateauing. Pixar used art design to maintain a kind of simplistic consistency that works over longer periods of time.

I just looked up my first real info on the Wow movie, beyond knowing Legendary was involved, Duncan "Moon" Jones is a superb director, but 4 months actual filming isn't much for live action, and Blizzards greatest strength has always been their CG vids. We have seen some great CGs - the TOR prerelease vids were some of the best Star Wars action we've ever seen - but it's always been expensive, apparently. When that cost reduces, we will see some fantastic fully CG movies, and I for one am ready for them :)

A TV show with a reasonable production value and budget of something like Game of Thrones would make more sense, in my opinion. It surely couldn't be any more worse than the "Hexer" series I just recently finished watching.Oh my...
A CGI Witcher series would be cool idea too.
Hell Yeah;)

Witcher anime would be better idea.
Actually not. I remember the last anime based on videogames and movies-they looked terrible. CGI of Platique Image is the perfect solution really. For other things- Dark Horse comics better launch a new comic sequence with new story and new artists.

Last edited:
Witcher anime would be better idea.

>Witcher
>Anime

Buddy, please.

Well, Sapkowski once was asked about Witcher animated series and he liked the idea. And I know when people heard anime they usually think about overly cutesy moe genre, but there is much more to that. If they would made it in a style of anime called Shigurui (which is harsh deconstruction of romanticised Edo period) I think it would be a perfect adaptation.

My issue with these things is that there haven't been many actually good movies inspired by videogames.

Now some of you might say: well you can't claim that, the whole backbone of the Witcher are the books. And that's true but to me this looks like it's sorta riding on the massive hype surrounding the third game right now rather than on the success of the books. I'm fearful that it won't be handled with the appropriate care and respect to the Witcher universe and that it might be a lame ass attempt of making a quick buck.

Sorry if I'm pissing on anybody's parade and sound too pessimistic. I'd want it work out and be awesome but I'm just skeptical about it

And what about Geralt's voice?!?!?
Ouch! I'd like too see a good detailed witcher film but...but... I have been always, ALWAYS disappointed with films based on books I've already read before. I only hope Hollywood keep away from this project in any sense.

Well, no matter how it turns out this time, I know for sure that it's gonna have awesome special effects.

Voice wise I'm sure they can find a suitable replacement for Doug Cockle, who in my personal opinion is OK but seems to be a one trick pony. Not sure he would be film quality.

Bear in mind, that the fact movie is in production doesn't mean it will come out.
Especially it's such a huge project and their previous big one - Hardkor 44 - failed (as far as I know).

So either they have a mysterious sponsor, or it's just a move to lure one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom