Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she never tells Geralt about all the things the Rose can do, he latter finds out accidentally and Triss had no way of knowing that Geralt will learn about all the possible ways it can be used. So hypothetically speaking if she wants to use the Rose to keep Geralt, she is doing it without him knowing.

Yes, but she can do it without telling Geralt about the rose at all.

Yes, but she can do it without telling Geralt about the rose at all.
You do raise a very good point, maybe seeing how his memory is starting to return by itself she wants to control him by using a Rose as a pretext by coming of as helpful and further gaining his trust. But like I said this is pure speculation, I could be very very wrong.

Last edited:
Triss is in a miserable place at the end of the books. Her faith in the Lodge is shaken, and she seems to have lost her best friend. She even begs Ciri to take her away to another world, but Ciri leaves her behind.

Ciri brushed the hair from her forehead and sniffed.

'Apologise to the ladies at Montecalvo, Triss,' she said. 'But it can be no other way. I cannot stay if Geralt and Yennefer leave. I simple cannot. They must understand.'

'They must.'

'Goodbye, Triss Merigold. Take care, Dandelion. Take care all.'

'Ciri,' Triss whispered. 'Little sister... Let me sail with you...'

'You do not know what you ask, Triss.'

'Will I ever see you...'

'Definitely,' she interrupted.

She climbed aboard the boat, which rocked and immediately began to move away from the shore. It disappeared into the fog. Those on the shore did not hear the slightest splash and there was no movement in the water. It was as if it had disappeared, like a ghost.

For a brief moment they saw the small silhouette of Ciri, they saw her sitting at the bottom of the boat as it accelerated swiftly. And then there was only fog.

She lied, thought Triss. I will never see her again. i won't see her, because... Vaesse deireadh aep eigean. Something ends.

'Something ends,' said Dandelion.

'Something begins,' Yarpen Zigrin finished.

Did you finish your french playthrough?

---------- Updated at 05:22 PM ----------

You do raise a very good point, maybe seeing how his memory is starting to return by itself she wants to control him by using a Rose as a pretext by coming of as helpful and further gaining his trust. But like I said this is pure speculation, I could be very very wrong.

Triss controlling Geralt ? lol........

It is shady as hell even for the book Triss. But i don't wanna argue about it.

I have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.

First off, whilst I'm attracted to the character, the issues I have with the writing stem from the fact that I'm a firm believer in if you are going to do a job, do it right, do it to the best of your ability. I neither like giant plot holes in the literature I read nor do I want my decisions ignored or someone else's choices thrust upon me whether I like it or not. That's why I was left so disappointed by the romance.

But to answer your question in the spirit it's asked:

- Physical appearance. My 'type' is women with hour glass figures and pretty faces.
- Her personality. Geralt (and by extension me) is persistently talked down to by Yen. No self respecting person should be treated so unequally in a relationship.
- Across the three games she proves she has a good heart. Could you see Fringilla, Phillipa or Yen staying in Novigrad to help the other Mages at such high risk to themselves?
- Yennefer is a control freak. She treats everyone around her, Geralt included, like they're her personal servants, showing no respect.
- Fringilla is attractive but has such a little part to play you learn practically nothing of her personality.
- Ciri is a Super model, outstandingly beautiful but a romance just isn't going to be appropriate in this setting (DLC/Spinoff game that stars Ciri is a different story). Of all of them. she's the most like Triss.
- Geralt sums up Keira perfectly if she's killed - she's a little girl trapped in a women's body; and not half as clever as she thinks she is.
- Phillipa maybe be beautiful on the outside but has a soul as dark as night. She cares only about one person in her entire life - Phillipa.

Triss is the opposite. She has her flaws but her flaws are grounded and don't stem from personality defects such as narcissism, vanity or greed. The romance with Yennefer is tempestuous, feels based more in the physical than the spiritual which goes to reason why they'd broken up and got back together so many times. You have fantastic sex, argue like cats and dogs, split up and get back together again for more fantastic sex. Some guys go in for that sort of thing and there's nothing wrong with it. I just prefer more stability in a relationship. All sorceresses are beautiful, as I understand it, they craft their beauty using their magic. Triss' beauty stems from within, as well as from without and from all of the women you mention, she's the only one you could describe that of.

You have to remember as well though for those like myself who've played all three games but never read one of the books, there's the continuity issue. She's the one I romance in the first game. She becomes central to the character in the second and then is pushed to the side in the third game in favour of someone I have no interest in. Like I've said many times, it's disrespectful to the player to have the writer's pretend to offer you choice then make that choice for you whether you agree with it or not and the writing suffers as a result of that decision.

Last edited:
Never in the books it is said that she uses magic (On Geralt)

She did:
Then Geralt of Rivia appeared. A witcher leading a stormy life, and tied to her good friend Yennefer in a strange, turbulent and almost violent relationship.
Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic… it had lasted. Triss couldn’t understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that…
…she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

She did:
Then Geralt of Rivia appeared. A witcher leading a stormy life, and tied to her good friend Yennefer in a strange, turbulent and almost violent relationship.
Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic… it had lasted. Triss couldn’t understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that…
…she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

Never it has been mentionned that she uses magic on Geralt, she could properly use magic on her to look more interesting, what claim that is the fact that controlling someone mind is not little magic, its huge magic. ( And had wanted to forget)

First off, whilst I'm attracted to the character, the issues I have with the writing stem from the fact that I'm a firm believer in if you are going to do a job, do it right, do it to the best of your ability. I neither like giant plot holes in the literature I read nor do I want my decisions ignored or someone else's choices thrust upon me whether I like it or not. That's why I was left so disappointed by the romance.

- Physical appearance. My 'type' is women with hour glass figures and pretty faces.
- Her personality. Geralt (and by extension me) is persistently talked down to by Yen. No self respecting person should be treated so unequally in a relationship.
- Across the three games she proves she has a good heart. Could you see Fringilla, Phillipa or Yen staying in Novigrad to help the other Mages at such high risk to themselves?
- Yennefer is a control freak. She treats everyone around her, Geralt included, like they're her personal servants, showing no respect.
- Fringilla is attractive but has such a little part to play you learn practically nothing of her personality.
- Ciri is a Super model, outstandingly beautifu but a romance just isn't going to be appropriate in this setting (DLC/Spinoff game that stars Ciri is a different story). Of all of them. she's the most like Triss.
- Geralt sums up Keira perfectly if she's killed - she's a little girl trapped in a women's body; and not half as clever as she thinks she is.
- Phillipa maybe be beautiful on the outside but has a soul as dark as night. She cares only about one person in her entire life - Phillipa.

Triss is the opposite. She has her flaws but her flaws are grounded and don't stem from personality defects such as narcissism, vanity or greed. The romance with Yennefer is tempestuous, feels based more in the physical than the spiritual which goes to reason why they'd broken up and got back together so many times. You have fantastic sex, argue like cats and dogs, split up and get back together again for more fantastic sex. Some guys go in for that sort of thing and there's nothing wrong with it. I just prefer more stability in a relationship. All sorceresses are beautiful, as I understand it, they craft their beauty using their magic. Triss' beauty stems from within, as well as from without and from all of the women you mention, she's the only one you could describe that of.

You have to remember as well though for those like myself who've played all three games but never read one of the books, there's the continuity issue. She's the one I romance in the first game. She becomes central to the character in the second and then is pushed to the side in the third game in favour of someone I have no interest in. Like I've said many times, it's disrespectful to the player to have the writer's pretend to offer you choice then make that choice for you whether you agree with it or not and the writing suffers as a result of that decision.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nicely put!

- Ciri is a Super model, outstandingly beautifu but a romance just isn't going to be appropriate in this setting (DLC/Spinoff game that stars Ciri is a different story). Of all of them. she's the most like Triss.

Well said mate !

Never it has been mentionned that she uses magic on Geralt, she could properly use magic on her to look more interesting, what claim that is the fact that controlling someone mind is not little magic, its huge magic. ( And had wanted to forget)

I agree. It is mentioned that she seduced him with the help of a little magic - I would guess it was some kind of aphrodisiac (like a parfum, for example). So it was not a serious mind-control magic - which doesn't mean she did the right thing but as I understood the whole "sleeping together" thing wasn't againts Geralt's will (he said something like that in Blood of Elves).

I agree. It is mentioned that she seduced him with the help of a little magic - I would guess it was some kind of aphrodisiac (like a parfum, for example). So it was not a serious mind-control magic - which doesn't mean she did the right thing but as I understood the whole "sleeping together" thing wasn't againts Geralt's will (he said something like that in Blood of Elves).

If you watch in details the Geralt-Triss conversations, and make an observation and a reflection on it, it is very interesting!

---------- Updated at 06:14 PM ----------

I mean in the books.

If you watch in details the Geralt-Triss conversations, and make an observation and a reflection on it, it is very interesting!

---------- Updated at 06:14 PM ----------

I mean in the books.

Yep, I have just re-read their conversation and it's obvious that having sex with her wasn't againts Geralt's will. He slept with her because he wanted to forget and simply needed someone. That "someone" was Triss who fell in love with Geralt and couldn't forget him.

Yep, I have just re-read their conversation and it's obvious that having sex with her wasn't againts Geralt's will. He slept with her because he wanted to forget and simply needed someone. That "someone" was Triss who fell in love with Geralt and couldn't forget him.

That's more than that my friend.

Hey guys, I woke up to over 15 pages and I read it all and now that I caught up I just wanted to say good stuff folks.

In defense of Saladin1701,

He/she is not saying that they should rewrite the whole storyline, what I think saladin is trying to say is that if we keep our request minimum we will get minimum effort. Triss role needs work no doubt about that.

There is nothing wrong with proposing ideas, no one expects a new quest with Triss or rastic changes to the entire story line. But I hardly call editing some already existing cut scenes to have more meaning and flesh out the character more new content.

For example, the good luck scene can be edited to have way more meaning.

Vesemir funeral can difinitely be edited to have way more meaning, if Triss conforts Geralt

Interaction at kaer Morhen, instead of completely ignoring Geralt, there is history there. Sometimes something small a few words can say a lot.

I don't call those new content. My idea of new content is something that is developed that wasn't already there, like a new quest.

During skellige when the Druid telly out to talk to the pear diver about the sun stone, he also said take a witch with you. Including Triss as that witch is not necessary new content. Maybe.

Have a scene where Triss and Geralt discuss all the I will tell you the details later. There were quite a few details that we never got the chance to hear or see them talk about.

We have to be reasonable in our request true but, at the same time we don't necessarily need to hold back for fear that it's not reasonable. No one truly expect a Triss exclusive DLC or a Kovir DLC as a fix that's just too much.

What I think we need to do is, keep refining our ideas and make them known. Like I said before if we rookies were able to come up with meaningful dialogues and additions to already existing cuts scenes and make them have so much more meaning, just imaging what the pros can do. Some of the scene we people came up with eere outstanding and didn't even need VO.

Nothing wrong with planting that seed in the devs head people.

Just my two cents. You guys are passionate that's why we were able to get so much done.

Don't just stop now and settle for the status quo, keep working on it, we are not going to get everything we request but, what we do get I have no doubt it's going to be amazing.

I know people criticize and say we are asking too much but my whole life have taught me that if you don't ask you don't get and if you don't ask you will never know. My grandmother said that a lot actually. Think about guys.

Hey guys, I woke up to over 15 pages and I read it all and now that I caught up I just wanted to say good stuff folks.

In defense of Saladin1701,

He/she is not saying that they should rewrite the whole storyline, what I think saladin is trying to say is that if we keep our request minimum we will get minimum effort. Triss role needs work no doubt about that.

There is nothing wrong with proposing ideas, no one expects a new quest with Triss or rastic changes to the entire story line. But I hardly call editing some already existing cut scenes to have more meaning and flesh out the character more new content.

For example, the good luck scene can be edited to have way more meaning.

Vesemir funeral can difinitely be edited to have way more meaning, if Triss conforts Geralt

Interaction at kaer Morhen, instead of completely ignoring Geralt, there is history there. Sometimes something small a few words can say a lot.

I don't call those new content. My idea of new content is something that is developed that wasn't already there, like a new quest.

During skellige when the Druid telly out to talk to the pear diver about the sun stone, he also said take a witch with you. Including Triss as that witch is not necessary new content. Maybe.

Have a scene where Triss and Geralt discuss all the I will tell you the details later. There were quite a few details that we never got the chance to hear or see them talk about.

We have to be reasonable in our request true but, at the same time we don't necessarily need to hold back for fear that it's not reasonable. No one truly expect a Triss exclusive DLC or a Kovir DLC as a fix that's just too much.

What I think we need to do is, keep refining our ideas and make them known. Like I said before if we rookies were able to come up with meaningful dialogues and additions to already existing cuts scenes and make them have so much more meaning, just imaging what the pros can do. Some of the scene we people came up with eere outstanding and didn't even need VO.

Nothing wrong with planting that seed in the devs head people.

Just my two cents. You guys are passionate that's why we were able to get so much done.

Don't just stop now and settle for the status quo, keep working on it, we are not going to get everything we request but, what we do get I have no doubt it's going to be amazing.

I know people criticize and say we are asking too much but my whole life have taught me that if you don't ask you don't get and if you don't ask you will never know. My grandmother said that a lot actually. Think about guys.

True that, if we are asking for new Triss content then it would be the Kovir Expansion or DLC
But then devs have to create content for players who chose Yen too. The very first expansion planned should have been Geralt with Triss/ Yen. Also adventures with Ciri the Witcher :D
We all want more story? We want more new content !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom