+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So any changes for "correcting" this "failure" that some of us are demanding make no sense at all and are out of the place, for example these ones:

+ Triss to appear at the start of Act 2 in Kaer Morhen.
+ Triss added to the trial of grasses scene.

+ Triss replacing Philippa during the Sun Stone quest if in a romance with her. Seriously?? Philippa is the most experienced sorceress and need to be in this quest.....

There's no story reason at all why Triss shouldn't be present in Kaer Morhen act 2. Her presence here makes complete sense & is certainly wouldn't be out of place. The fact that they are unlikely to be able to correct this at this stage shouldn't stop people raising it as an issue or hoping that something can be done to fix this awful unreactive section in some manner.

No, it's not. It's Geralt who decides everything in this game. Everything Ciri does is dependent on what Geralt does and says.

CDPR wanted to give us a kind of "fancy" story with a twisted hero setting that just doesn't work in the end. Instead they should have given us a story like they promised. A story that is about Geralt(!!!) and his dear ones and about his personal relationships. Ciri is not the only important factor in that, especially not a Ciri that only works as plot tool. Both his relationships to Yen and Triss are actually more fleshed out and mutual and even complex than his relationship to Ciri.

But whatever, I'm done with TW3. It's beyond salvation for me. Personally, I don't need any poorly done EE that is basically just misunderstood fan-service to give either Yennefer of Triss more screen time. Compared to the fundamental flaws of this game's narrative this seems like a rather irrelevant issue to me. The EE I have in mind would require way too much work, work that is beyond a reasonable scope. But everything short of that is like adding small details to a edges of a paiting on which you emptied out a bucket of black paint before. :p

I think you took the game too seriously. Free your mind, you must :p

Very interesting opinion about Triss vs. Yen from Torgo

:laser:

In Russian localization Triss much more pleasant.

p.s. Triss is more feminine. Why it's always pointed as disadvantage?

p.p.s. If players want really strong and independent lady - they should get acquainted with her...

:harhar:

Attachments

• morrigan.jpg
    morrigan.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 273
I think you took the game too seriously. Free your mind, you must :p

Too late for that... :p

And my mind is actually pretty free. I haven't played any TW3 in the last 6 weeks or so. ;)

---------- Updated at 05:03 PM ----------

There's no story reason at all why Triss shouldn't be present in Kaer Morhen act 2.

There is no reason why she couldn't be there. But there is also no reason why she had to be there.

:surprise:

There's no story reason at all why Triss shouldn't be present in Kaer Morhen act 2. Her presence here makes complete sense & is certainly wouldn't be out of place. The fact that they are unlikely to be able to correct this at this stage shouldn't stop people raising it as an issue or hoping that something can be done to fix this awful unreactive section in some manner.

Keira and Letho should be there in my game, not Triss.

But for the sake of argument, everybody invited before Brothers quest should be there.

Do you invite Triss during her romance? I honestly don't know the answer. If you invite, she could be there.

Last edited:
Keira and Letho should be there in my game, not Triss.

But for the sake of argument, everybody invited before Brothers quest should be there.

Do you invite Triss during her romance? I honestly don't know the answer. If you invite, she coulbe be there.

I certainly would have no issue with the game being reactive enough to recognise Keira/Letho should be present too.

Yes in my playthroughs well in advance of act 2 Triss was invited and was meant to be going there. Given Yen auto invites her at a later stage for others anyway, there's also zero reason why she should want to risk Uma dying by risking soloing it imo.

Last edited:
Do you invite Triss during her romance? I honestly don't know the answer. If you invite, she could be there.
Yes, during her romance.
Keira and Letho should be there
There is at least an explanation from Keira why she didn't appear there earlier - firstly she went the opposite direction, but then she changed her mind. But Letho should certainly be there.

p.s. Triss is more feminine. Why it's always pointed as disadvantage?

It isn't.

But I don't agree she is more feminine than Yen. Sometimes, IMO, people confund women like Yen as masculine. They're not.

---------- Updated at 03:08 PM ----------

Yes, during her romance.

So she COULD be there, unlesse she has other stuff to do before. He has her own agenda without Geralt, which is totally fine.

"American" accent. Come on, be specific. We have many regional accents over here!

But seriously, I disagree with the idea that any of the sorceresses are presented as damsels in distress. If anyone is a damsel in distress in this game...

... it's Dandelion.

UMA/Avallac'h, Ciri, Margarita, Fringilla, Dandelion,...

They all fit the trope. ;)

UMA/Avallac'h, Ciri, Margarita, Fringilla, Dandelion,...

They all fit the trope. ;)

All of those characters except for Dandelion can look out for themselves, though. Needing a helping hand doesn't necessarily make a character a stereotypical damsel. But we're off topic.

Yennefer and Triss both need Geralt's help at various points in the game. Yennefer needs his help with committing a burglary, and Triss needs his help with killing some drowners and vampires in the sewers. Everybody needs a hand sometimes!

Please, answer my questions.
Quote Originally Posted by Gennad86 View Post
Dandelion tells Ciri is not in Novigrad. What should Triss do? Go to Skellige with Geralt, knowing that Yennefer is already there?
Quote Originally Posted by Gennad86 View Post
Besides, while Geralt has searched for Ciri through the whole Velen and Novigrad, all Yen has done was finding out about the mask. So, does it mean she sits in Skellige while Geralt is searching for Ciri?
Maybe first ask him if he needs her help? Or she could go Kaer Morhen and wait there for Yennefer and Geralt... but certainly not going to Kovir if you don't romance her :\

I've already said it but you don't read my post so I will say it once more. Can you see difference between doing something even not successfuly and not doing in case of Triss when she chose to go to Kovir? If you can't see the difference then ok. Let it be so.

-Those aren't just random mage, not for Triss, she save all of them because she care about them, while many other powerful sorceress just flee
-And she have done EVERYTHING to save Ciri, Geralt don't need her help any further. So it is the time for her to help all her "other" friend

This is pointless, i have repeated this thing for five, six times already.
Agree - I'm asking you simple question and you repeating how those mages are important for her. Why are you avoiding answer? Are those mage more important for Triss than Ciri? Yes or no? And please don't start it over again that she helped Dandelion and saved mages and returned when Yennefer call her... OK I see you think Ciri is important for her but then why she don't stay and helps to find Ciri. The logical reason is that those mages for her are more important, no?

This is getting far too overheated. Drop the "demanding answers to questions" line of debate, please, all of those concerned.

And if everyone is just repeating themselves, stop.

---------- Updated at 11:32 PM ----------

Take a break for a while, take a few deep breaths, then come back when you've calmed down.

---------- Post merged on 04-08-2015 at 12:15 AM ----------

So have you all calmed down yet? Thread re-opened.

OK I see you think Ciri is important for her but then why she don't stay and helps to find Ciri. The logical reason is that those mages for her are more important, no?

Well consider it from the character's point of view:

On one hand, the lives of thirty of your friends, who are solely dependent on you to save them from torture and death. You have already promised and committed to help them.

On the other hand, your one other friend is missing and her surrogate parents -- who are incredibly strong and resourceful people -- are working overtime to find her. You already took time out from what you were doing to put yourself in harm's way to help the search in a way that was ultimately meaningful, incidentally.

The logical reason why Triss stays in Novigrad to help her friends is that she's an idealis, and she thinks it's the right thing to do. It's also worth noting that when the situation changes (i.e. Ciri and many others are about to be in immediate danger) she drops what she's doing and goes to Kaer Morhen.

I think the argument that Triss ought to just abandon those people to a gruesome collective fate to help look for Ciri is essentially saying that the character should act out of character. The title of the thread is "Triss vs Yennefer" and you seem to be arguing that one character would have been better(?) if she had been written just like the other one.

Mostly about other people. She did hide some things from him (about the lodge, for example), but she never really used him.

When the mirror lady asks "And how's your witcher?',Triss replies "I should be able to convince him.' Mirror lady then warns Triss that she should be careful,or Geralt will find out something that he's not supposed to know.It's blatant using.

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

Ist it enough that because of the amount of Yen, Triss was completely pushed to the side? Not even mentioning Triss romance -> pathetic.

What?The one who was pushed to the side was Shani in TW2.Triss romance is not only mentioned,you can even continue it in TW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom