+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you look at Witcher 1 dialogues, Geralt also remembers feelings for Triss specifically. First there is "I feel like you were important to me" when he arrives in the courtyard, then an exact repetition of sentiments from Blood of Elves: "I've not had many reasons to be happy of late and the feelings I experienced on hearing that you lived cannot compare to any other. Except perhaps what I feel now when I look at you."

So Geralt is confused about loving a sorceress, but not about caring for Triss. The happiness he feels seeing her is the same as in the past. He doesn't start to love Triss because he thinks she is Yen; he starts to love her because that is what would have happened if Yen had not been in his mind the previous time.

Cause it's true, Geralt really loved Triss in the books. Loved with....brotherly love.
People can interpretate 2+2 like they want (I see they like it) but I think it's hard to ignore the fact that Geralt cared about Triss like brother cares about his sister.

The reason Geralt slept with Triss at first time - the same as for everyone, trying to replace Yennefer. He honestly sometimes didn't really care about with whom he sleeps - a hooker, a sorceress, a medic. Everything just to forget the world for a moment and imagine himself with Yennefer. It doesn't make Triss special. We can say thay he loved Fringilla too. So Fringie is an only true love? (MY OWN INTERPRETATION IM FREE TO CHOOSE!)

In "Blood of Elves" Geralt prioritizes pretty clear - whom he loves like a woman and whom he loves like a sister.
Triss tries to seduce him in Kaer Morhen when he's not with Yennefer so literally he could sleep with anyone he wants like he used to but says no to Triss.
Of course you always can blame the wish but dat wish never was an obstacle to sleep with another women.

He cares about Triss but he doesn't want her. Kinda Foltest in reverse.
The same in the game. She seduces him but when he remembers everything he leaves her again.

Ofc course it's hard when you just've slept with woman who was like a sister for you but Geralt knows better, right?
In TW3 it's pretty clear how Geralt acts with Triss (only if you don't click the buttons with "luvluvluvluvyouTrissy"). He cares, he helps and that's all.
Also he feels some guilty for their relationship transformed to something more than brotherly love but it's not his fault.

"BUT SHE LOVES GERALT!" is not an argument. Fringilla loved Geralt, Essi loved Geralt, Shanni loved Geralt. Pity them all?
And good for Triss she finally found a strength to face it.

okay let me rephrase that, I thought geralt returned those feeling when Triss was at kaer morhen for ciri

will correct original post since you made me doubt myself

And when I said he returned the feelings of love to triss, I didn't mean that he wished to pursue a relationship with her. just that he did love and care for her but not like he did with yenn. the "more so" part probably didn't make that clear lol

He never returned any feelings for her there, just told her that even though she was his "mistake" his mistakes are still important to him and he values them. It was basically telling her that he doesn't love her but values her friendship. He values her as a friend, but never returns any feelings of love. It's like when Yarpen told Ciri, "don't mistake it for... something else."

who do you like more? I like triss waaaay better (yen i just find to be an untolerable b****) but i feel the need to romance her just because she is yen. I think I'll need to replay to romance triss, if its even possible

edit:
I know its yennefer, not yenni. my bad.
I like Triss more than Yen. Her voice and hair style is a turn off but other than Yen, you do not have to turn Geralt into a trophy husband and leashed dog, who does not understand crap of the big schemes and certainly is not needed to be involved in any matters, just has to function on whatever Yen is about to do, she even tells you what to wear on a ball.

And all just for ploughing her? What were the writers of this game thinking ? She is a bossy, intolerable, arrogant bitch. She so deserved Umas throw up. The deleted Omelette scene is even better. I really cannot grasp, why Geralt would be together with her, even after the spell was lifted.

The connection to Triss is tangible in this game.

Last edited:
@keldrath

I tried to clarify that, it wasn't the same love he felt for yen but he did care and love her.

I guess brother sister would have worked. I mean it would seem I could be wrong on that and I accept that. Just saying he did love and care for her.

@CatchTheBreeze

The same can be said about yenn, if I don't choose the "luvluvluv" dialogue

Last edited:
I like Triss more than Yen. Her voice and hair style is a turn off but other than Yen, you do not have to turn Geralt into a trophy husband and leashed dog, who does not understand crap of the big schemes and certainly is not needed to be involved in any matters, just has to function on whatever Yen is about to do, she even tells you what to wear on a ball.

And all just for ploughing her? What were the writers of this game thinking ? She is a bossy, intolerable, arrogant bitch. She so deserved Umas throw up. The deleted Omelette scene is even better. I really cannot grasp, why Geralt would be together with her, even after the spell was lifted.

The connection to Triss is tangible in this game.

So you didnt like Ciri as well?

Point is, even though Geralt does compliment yen, if I do not choose the romance options, it is just him helping her and no reason other than to help.

: We should have clear minds
:smiling2:: I'm not gonna drink. Why dull my senses when I'm in such pleasant company.
: Do you plan to compliment me all evening?
:smiling2:: I plan to tell you what I think

Sooo much helping yeah:)

I agree with the first half, though ( and i feel like a broken record ) the second is where the games story comes into play. Adds more to think about when making the choice between yen, triss, or alone. And each are viable when it comes to the games.

again, i am feeling like a broken record at this point. i say it is fine to base your choice on just the book, game , or both. Though to ignore the game would be silly when making the choice in the game. but to each their own.

Agree completely the story the game opted for opens up different opportunities for characterisation and romantic choice.

True, the books are not interactive and do not present a choice to readers, but they informs the characters and the events they have been through together. He could have easily written it so there would be more of a choice in regards to romance by forcing a conflict with Geralt. Making him love not just Yen, but Triss too, or someone else even. That's not the story he told, but he could have if he wanted to. Instead we got Triss and her strong feelings for Geralt, and Geralt not reciprocating. Only loving Yen.

I agree, he could have written it differently, but as far as the focus of our discussions, it wouldn't have mattered in the slightest... we mainly discuss options that are present IN THE GAMES, regardless of whatever happened in the books... something becomes as thing, when it is presented in the games...

And in the games, the choice is Triss/Yen and so we mainly discuss that...

The only reason we are here, discussing and posting, is because of the games that CDPR created.

And we discuss the options that the devs created for us. The topics and discussions reflect that. There is a topic for Yen, and another for Triss, another for TrissvsYen... because the devs made them the main choices.

In the books, Geralt spent a great deal of time with Fringila and because of that, some people have said that she should be a more "valid" option than Triss and indeed, one might she got "further". And yet, where is the YenvsFringila thread? Or the YenvsCoral? They don't exist... because they are not choices that, so far, CDPR has presented to us. And, in the eyes of most people, not worth discussing much. If they bring her or Shani up in force in the expansion, then the threads will reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom