+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally to all the book elitists this is a game forum and in the end a lot of us are discussing a character by what is shown in the game. So just do not give me book evidence as that does not matter in our situation much since we talking about a rpg not books. Cause books in simpler terms can be considered a set point of view, games allow different people to have different point of views with their own choices.

If you want o base choices based on books then do that in the books forums, in the end there are quite majo differences between the two. The whole point of amnesia is a chance to start fresh. You want the past and feel thats is only way good for you but i find it to be a narrowminded point of view. I will judge a game character by what was shown in the game.

So some like Triss some like Yen and that is completely subjective

We just share points of views here. If you don't like people talking about the books why not just ignoring them? Imo the books make the discussion only richer and deeper and enhances the array of possible points of views. It's interesting to see how people see these characters differently, based on different knowledge, priorities and personal feelings. Why cutting that down? ;)

But I agree that we should avoid trying to convince other people from our own point of view at all costs and sometimes in an arrogant way. Sharing points of views is fine but mocking people for various reasons is not.

I'm an elitist,becuse I've read the books?OK.The problem is that you're wrong about Yen.She never forced him to retire.He did it himself.And Yen sacrificed her lifestyle to be with him.Living in isolation in a hut?That's not what Yen likes.She likes to live in luxury,in a big city.But for Gerlat she's ready to live in a hut.

Again what he wanted in the BOOKS. While we are talking about the games. Do you fail to comprehend my words? That is what book geralt wanted but in a rpg geralts motivations do change depending on who is playing him. That is what i have been trying to get across. Thats the whole beauty of a choice based game IE choices and different interpretations.

Again what he wanted in the BOOKS. While we are talking about the games. Do you fail to comprehend my words? That is what book geralt wanted but in a rpg geralts motivations do change depending on who is playing him. That is what i have been trying to get across. Thats the whole beauty of a choice based game IE choices and different interpretations.

And I'm talking about Yennefer.You said that she didn't allow him to be a witcher which is not true.

We just share points of views here. If you don't like people talking about the books why not just ignoring them? Imo the books make the discussion only richer and deeper and enhances the array of possible points of views. It's interesting to see how people see these characters differently, based on different knowledge, priorities and personal feelings. Why cutting that down? ;)

But I agree that we should avoid trying to convince other people from our own point of view at all costs and sometimes in an arrogant way. Sharing points of views is fine but mocking people for various reasons is not.

I am fine with the books what rubs my goat the wrong way is that some choose to accept that as a rigid background and refuse to deviate from them. They fail to acknowledge that there can be different interpretations.

---------- Updated at 06:36 PM ----------

In the game wild hunt Yennefer ending hes in a hut, with triss he can tell he likes being a witcher and she allows him. Tells him he can go the path whenever and how long he wants to. That reasoning can never be established with Yennefer, not a single line of dialogue where geralt can actually say he likes being a witcher.

I can do this in Triss romance both at the light house and the fountain. Triss ending also reflects this that Geralt still took contracts and didnt give up being a witcher. No such thing with Yennefer.

Last edited:
I am fine with the books what rubs my goat the wrong way is that some choose to accept that as a rigid background and refuse to deviate from them. They fail to acknowledge that there can be different interpretations.

---------- Updated at 06:36 PM ----------

In the game wild hunt yennifer ending hes in a hut, with triss he can tell he likes being a witcher and she allows him. Tells him he can go the path whenever and how long he wants to. That reasoning can never be established with yennifer, not a single line of dialogue where geralt can actually say he likes being a witcher.

I can do this in Triss romance both at the light house and the fountain. Triss ending also reflects this that Geralt still took contracts and didnt give up being a witcher. No such thing with Yennefer.

:angry2:

Because they are books and not an RPG game. I agree with you but since you can't change decisions within the books the different interpretations can be limited to a certain degree and difficult to deviate from them.

Because they are books and not an RPG game. I agree with you but since you can't change decisions within the books the different interpretations can be limited to a certain degree a difficult to deviate from them..

True true, but as i said the games allowed us to shape Geralts motivations which can differ from the books. That was the whole point of his amnesia.

Great we got grammar Nazis now

In the game wild hunt yennifer ending hes in a hut, with triss he can tell he likes being a witcher and she allows him. Tells him he can go the path whenever and how long he wants to. That reasoning can never be established with yennifer, not a single line of dialogue where geralt can actually say he likes being a witcher.

So...because Geralt didn't tell Yen,that he likes being a witcher,you made a conclusion,that she forced him to retire?It makes no sense.

CDPR needs to say me which is their interpretation. Because the game is about which information is give us by CDPR in the first hours, when the game-romance-choice-sidequests are placed in differents times with several Main character's level differences. One before the other. Not in a relative same moment.

The endings portray that, a hut far away from everyone else. If that is what you like go ahead, just do not be surprised that not everyone shares the same opinion.

Again you choice and interpretaion, i ofcourse see it differently. In one hes like a dog, in other he still does what he likes doing IE Witchering.

We just share points of views here. If you don't like people talking about the books why not just ignoring them? Imo the books make the discussion only richer and deeper and enhances the array of possible points of views. It's interesting to see how people see these characters differently, based on different knowledge, priorities and personal feelings. Why cutting that down?

This.

My gateway into the witcher universe were the games. And for me they are also its "main" medium. The books are great and imo very much worth a read, but for me, I don't see the games as an adaptation of the books. Rather them as background information for the games. Does it make sense?

This.

My gateway into the witcher universe were the games. And for me they are also its "main" medium. The books are great and imo very much worth a read, but for me, I don't see the games as an adaptation of the books. Rather them as background information for the games. Does it make sense?

TY!! my feelings exactly.

And he's out of politics for good.Unlike in Triss' ending :thumbdown:

While I don't see this is a necessarily bad thing, imo the one involved in politics is Triss, not Geralt (although it does stand to reason he'll be dragged into them from time to time). And we get the "option" to shape in a way, how exactly that future is going to be, whether it's living there full time or using it as a place for "wintering".

And Triss does state that she will drop it if Geralt doesn't want that, we as players just don't get the option to say, "All right, let's do that". And while her choice to shape her life according to Geralt's wishes can be seen as a bit submissive, it is understandable after all the trials she went to finally get him for good. Or it can be interpreted as the fact the only thing she really cares about is being with him, so it's fine either way. And ditto for Geralt, so he doesn't mind staying there while she pursues her dream job.

This is one of the basic pillars of a healthy and adult relationship. Love is not enough, it is also important for both to be aware of what your partner wants and for them to be willing to make accommodations for it.

Last edited:
This is why i liked triss told her i like being a witcher etc and shes fine with it. Yennifer doesnt allow that. In the end i personally prefer Triss's personality more and i avoid people with Yennefer's personality in both real life and fiction.

Talking about the game, both endings with triss geralt can be a witcher, he can be himself (If you want) and Triss is fine with it. Yen is bloody isolation in a hut. If thats what you want good for you, but i didnt play geralt that way.

In the game wild hunt Yennefer ending hes in a hut, with triss he can tell he likes being a witcher and she allows him. Tells him he can go the path whenever and how long he wants to. That reasoning can never be established with Yennefer, not a single line of dialogue where geralt can actually say he likes being a witcher.

The endings portray that, a hut far away from everyone else. If that is what you like go ahead, just do not be surprised that not everyone shares the same opinion.

Again you choice and interpretaion, i ofcourse see it differently. In one hes like a dog, in other he still does what he likes doing IE Witchering.

Before you go any further with misinterpreting the ending with Yennefer...

Please just watch. Yennefer said they can give it a shot for a month or two or eternity.

Geralt said he is WILLING TO TRY! If you went ahead and just agreed with her proposition without asking her
any questions in your playthrough then why would you complain about it? You simply got what you agreed to...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom