• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Whatever you do next, don't even attempt to follow the darn trends and put anything to do with water (swimming/diving/sailing) in. You truly suck at it :/

I'm guessing that you never played Risen 1, because the sailing in that game is near impossible.

some underwater bits a are a little clunky...but in general swimming and sailing are both superb and more than capable of doing what they need to do from what I can tell!
use xbox underwater is pretty cool;
diving for loot pretty cool
saw a hint about killer whale potion today which id not seen before..looking forwards to discovering where that's gonna be used.

Playing exclusively with keyboard and mouse and never really had a problem in regards to swimming or sailing.

The sailing is fine, notihng wrong with it, except the animations are terribly dull. The whole thing just seems like it was ripped off from other sailing games and thrown is as an after thought.

It's not wrong, just incredibly bland and meaningless.

If I had to nitpick about something in regards to sailing then it would be the jerky animations when Geralt steers. Could be a lot smoother.

1. Let me disable auto-centering camera while riding the horse, whatever its name is in english (EDIT: Ah, Roach. It's Ablette in the french version). It's preventing me from enjoying the gorgeousness of the game, which is a damn shame.
2. When fighting several enemies, Geralt should attack the one i'm pushing the left stick towards, not the ones I'm looking at, I'm only turning my camera towards them so that I can watch my back.
3. Swimming underwater, controls are horrible.
4. Why is the horse stopping itself when I didn't tell him/her to? I'm trying to jump over a small broken bridge, and the horse stops before I can jump.
5. More stuff I forgot, will edit accordingly.

-Sword breaking in battle... this would be cool having a blade break into pieces during a battle (that beautiful particle and shrapnel explosion)... you could pick up the pieces and reforge it ... like in Lord of the rings hehhe.

-When browsing the herbalist items it should show if i already have or not that herb... there are two many , i always have to go back to the other tab to verify.

-During the rain or storms people keep doing their daily business, they should have different behaviors ...

Last edited:
Make Temerian armor upgradable. Or better yet add some variation of Eskel/Lambert armors. Make all markers on Novigrad map visible at all times, not just when you are in the vicinity. Or add some kind of separate toggle for them, to avoid cluttering the map. It's not much of a problem now, since I learned where all the merchants are, but at first it was rather painful trying to remember where the hell was that blacksmith I needed.

A benchmark tool like in Shadow of Mordor would be fine for the PC version.

That would prevent if done before playing to think about technic instead of the gameplay and give a better experience.

It's the esiest and fatest way to set up the graphical options. Really need it :)

It would be great if we could bind the sign casts to any keys, dont have to pause game play to switch then.

Pre-orded on XB1 and have problem with 4 things :

- Frame-rate issue, impossible to play on XB1 to me, almost leaving the game
- I would like to see a camera button (to zoom in) to look like Middle Earth char camera style
- The Run animation is the worst ive seen in a game
- Bigger Fonts (will be fixed)

1. Let me disable auto-centering camera while riding the horse, whatever its name is in english (EDIT: Ah, Roach. It's Ablette in the french version). It's preventing me from enjoying the gorgeousness of the game, which is a damn shame.

As I was playing I was thinking it would be great if whilst you are holding down the button that does the auto-ride on paths thing wouldn't it be sweet if it cut to a variety of Cine-Cam views? LIke a panning shot or one in the road as you approach at pace?

Witcher 3 trophies are very tasteless... they all have the same skill upgrades , why the lack of imagination here : ?

It's like they've spent a lot of time to make the griffin head look awesome, and then said 'screw every other trophies', and the stats they give... whatever, modding will help that.

About the sailing, it's perfectly fine for me. I enjoy navigating on the sea, and couldn't care less about Geralt's steering animation.

Last edited:
Can't bother with reading the thread to check if anyone else wrote what I'm about, so I'll just drop my qualms and issues:

-Fix the inventory regarding to alchemy. Either add new filters or make alchemical stuff be usable/equip-able from the alchemy screen. Mousing over oils to find the correct one instead of just choosing from a list as well as having to enter the inventory screen if for some weird reason my Alchemy-specced Geralt wants to drink 4 potions instead of 2 is completely unintuitive. My perfect solution would be a configurable second layer to the quick-menu dedicated to potions and oils as well as hotkeys. Adding some better filters would do wonders as well, it's stupid as hell that the default filter goes oils - > papers - > monster parts - > potions - > food. Adds a lot of unnecessary scrolling.
-Do something about Roach! I understand she's a horse, but she shouldn't always spawn at the worst possible place. Especially when I'm in middle of a hunt, the pray starts escaping, I start sprinting towards it and Roach spawns 50 meters behind me. I don't know the exact algorithm that places Roach when you whistle, but it needs to take in account Geralt's situation, I would be fine with it crossing my way between Geralt and monster, even if it popped out of thin air like Ciri. This has nothing to do with realism, because the point is completely moot when you can swim across the river, whistle and have Roach on the other shore in a splitsecond instead of riding around through the nearest bridge NOW.
-There are some quest conflicts, I encountered two so far:
*I quit Wild at Heart quest halfway through it, went to do some other stuff and when I got back to it,
the werewolf wouldn't spawn/come to its cave
. I rolled back and it worked so it could be something I did in between, but I don't know what.
*The other I've seen people talk about but I'll mention it as well. When you
finish quest with Triss about getting wizards on a ship and you start The Plot (Spisek (?)) while having Eye for an Eye quest active then the quest giver won't spawn under the tree
. I heard finishing one quest will bring him there, but it didn't in my quest and I had to rollback a lot again.
-I don't know what caused this, but for some time I couldn't saddle Roach. She'd come but the prompt for getting on her wouldn't show and nothing happened. It was like that for a long time and I tried to pay no mind since she always seemed to spawn at worst locations for me, but I ultimately fixed it by starting one of horse racing quests and getting spawned onto her as part of it.
-Also, there's a lot of silly bugs like the *behead-while-on-knees* finisher resulting in a homerun strike sending enemy's ragdoll to the skies,
Triss's hand still being on fire
in a conversation that happens after combat and etc etc, but these are miniscule and I suppose inescapable with game of such size.

Thanks for great game CDPR, I hope someone listens to at least some of my bitching.

---About crafting screen.
In this game you can craft a huge amount of armor and weapon, the list is really huge. But I can not understand on what basis this list is sorted? At the end of the game on this list almost impossible to find the thing you need. You have to review it all. The simplest solution would be automatic sorting list of crafting items by level required. And yet, crafting screen is not fully utilized. The list is huge, but at the bottom of the monitor a large unused area. I think it can be used to increase the display of crafting sreen.

---Same problem of sorting, dedicated to quests journal.
The same problem applies to the sorting of the list of quests. Obtained and completed. On what basis they are sorted?
For example, I want to read a journal about completed quest. I am forced to look for it among hundred of the others. So, it is not clear how are they sorted.

*Sorry for bad english

Last edited:
AXII conversation options used to be better in Witcher 2. They were more discrete, made you feel as if you truly used witchers trickery to loosen their tongues. Tried AXII conversation option in Witcher 3 and had an urge to scream "These are not the droids you're looking for" when witcher waved his hand in front of the poor guys face.

Witcher 3 Faults, Foibles & Possible Patches

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but thanks for giving me the platform to. Warning to any early/low Lvl players, there may be spoilers further down.
I can only say I'm disappointed with W3. Sod the great graphics argument, I'm talking combat mechanics, loot, leveling, armor, repairs & vendors.
If you check the GOG forums you'll find quite a lot on these matters. While the last 5 items listed might be considered nuanced, the prime one of combat mechanics is not. Not only am I experiencing problems with inconsistent crossbow/bomb aiming and firing but I also get inconsistency with my strong attack!, and I'm not alone. Sometimes, quite frequently, it just plain doesn't work, despite stabbing my assigned button several times! So much so in fact, that I'm reluctant to use it, and that's a major disadvantage. Then there's the seeming lag in dodge/attack performance. It may be only slight but it's enough to be the difference between getting mashed by a Golem or deftly dodging away. Worst tho is the unforgivable glitch of getting stuck rolling against insignificant obstacles when in combat. Several of us have died due to this ridiculous annoyance. The best/worst example I can give is (spoilers) in the catacombs with KM, I entered a very small room that then sealed & produced a Gargoyle. This room has quite a few knee height stalagmites in it & a knee height walled stair area. Either of these 'obstacles' I could have jumped in my sleep but not in combat it seems, coz in combat of course you don't space/jump you space/roll. I ended up in a situation where i was blocked in by these piffling obstacles with the approaching Gargoyle as my only way out. Needless to say I died, several times. 'Tough cheese' I hear you say & you might have a point except it's not just there, it's in all sorts of fights with stupidly insignificant 'obstacles' (once a small loot chest) that only the game mechanics 'sees' as an obstacle. If this were some run of the mill RPG, I wouldn't be here moaning about it, but this is CDPR's state of the art brand new release! If there's one thing that has to work above all in any action game, it's the combat. It should be clear, clean and precise.
Please refer to GOG forum 'Who designed loot system? Are you on drugs?' to find info on the remaining 5 listed topics if you're interested. I just thought I should post this here because 1; I'm not sure if the CDPR crew read GOG forums (or indeed if they read these :) ) and 2; because it seems to me that most of the threads here at CDPR forums are only a tad short of sycophantic, and a good friend is one who's criticism encourages you to improve. In case of, and before any attacks/ripostes, please note I have W1 & W2, I'm a fan of the series and I even deliberately paid slightly more to buy my copy thru GOG in order to better support CDPR, a company who's games and ethos I admire. Thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest.
Ok, sorry, I thought I was starting a whole new thread. Doh! :) Now, if I can just work out how to start a brand new thread....

Last edited:
Top Bottom