TW3 Save game import

+
How will I continue my Witcher 2 story line on the PS4?

I had The Witcher 2 on PC and played it through multiple times, but now I've got a PS4 and it needs some amazing games. Obviously The Witcher 2 isn't on PS4 so I'm wondering what system CD Projekt are implementing into The Witcher 3 to ensure I can follow on from the decisions I made in the previous title. I personally think something along the lines of what was done with Mass effect 2 (an interactive comic/ book) would be a good way of introduce new players to the story and allow returning fans to carry on their stories on a different platform. I've heard no news of a Witcher 2 port so it would only be reasonable to assume that there's going to be something else to ensure players don't end up with a default character/ story line at the beginning of The Witcher 3.

Anyways, just some quick thoughts.; what do you guys think? Are you switching platforms for the next game? Would you care if you were given a default character on the PS4 version? Would you like to be able to experience a re-cap of The Witcher 1 and 2's story at the beginning of the Witcher 3? Does anyone know if CD Projekt Red are planning to do anything along the lines of what I've suggested?

Remain true to the glorious PC gaming master race and this should not be a problem, you risk your immortal soul and the everlasting stink of console peasantry. Do not give the filthy consolers an inch, they breed.

Edit: You see we do need a down vote! Well maybe just for me anyway.

Remain true to the glorious PC gaming master race and this should not be a problem, you risk your immortal soul and the everlasting stink of console peasantry. Do not give the filthy consolers an inch, they breed.

Edit: You see we do need a down vote!

Hahahaha, fear not, I will probably end up getting it on both platforms anyways; however I would still like to know what's "going down" (so to speak) with the PS4 iteration.

I am in the same condition.I played Witcher 2 on Onlive service on PC. Hopefully my PS4 will have the honor of playing TW3 :D

Regarding choices, I don't mind if they carry over. I am confident in CDP's initial setup to be the best and most logical one out of the complex choices in TW2.

I tend to think of choices in TW2 as a collections of what-ifs for the player to play around and experiment with and eventually there is one canon line that will go into 3.

It just seems like too big of an undertaking to include every single possibilty in TW3 and could end disappointing some.

I could be wrong and CDP could have incorporated all the permutations or some of them into TW3.

I know dat TW2 PS4 version is coming at some point, however :D

I am in the same condition.I played Witcher 2 on Onlive service on PC. Hopefully my PS4 will have the honor of playing TW3 :D

Regarding choices, I don't mind if they carry over. I am confident in CDP's initial setup to be the best and most logical one out of the complex choices in TW2.

I tend to think of choices in TW2 as a collections of what-ifs for the player to play around and experiment with and eventually there is one canon line that will go into 3.

It just seems like too big of an undertaking to include every single possibilty in TW3 and could end disappointing some.

I could be wrong and CDP could have incorporated all the permutations or some of them into TW3.

I know dat TW2 PS4 version is coming at some point, however :D

'Dat spoiler bro! 'Dat spoiler! If that is indeed true then I will literally squeal like a little girl with excitement.

There has been no mention of TW2 coming to any other platforms, i wouldn't go and spread disinformation on that. As for me:

'Dat spoiler bro! 'Dat spoiler! If that is indeed true then I will literally squeal like a little girl with excitement.

primarily hopeful thinking on my part(nothing announced so far)

but this one of the best and most beautiful looking RPGs out there.I think CDP bringing the game to playstation fans would be amazing.

Ok, ok I get it, we all love PC but our love of PC isn't answering my question regarding the PS4.

primarily hopeful thinking on my part(nothing announced so far)

but this one of the best and most beautiful looking RPGs out there.I think CDP bringing the game to playstation fans would be amazing.

I personally think it would make sense for them to re-release The Witcher 2 for PS4 seeing as it never made it to the SONY platform. However I wouldn't want them to divert resources away from The Witcher 3 to do so.

I personally think it would make sense for them to re-release The Witcher 2 for PS4 seeing as it never made it to the SONY platform. However I wouldn't want them to divert resources away from The Witcher 3 to do so.

My exact thoughts.

It would be nice but not a priority over the mighty 3.

I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR did something along the lines of, " well if you buy the TW3 you'll receive a copy of TW2 for your W3 platform. You know because we're awesome like that." Highly unlikely but I'd faint at that news.... I'm in the same boat as you but I had to play TW2 on the 360. I would LOVE to play it in it's true form.

OK, this thread has got a little weird...

Merging it in with the general "Save Import" one. And drop the PC-elitisim in case someone comes along who takes you seriously. :)
(Or should that be "ciriously"?)

Last edited:
OK, this thread has got a little weird...

Merging it in with the general "Save Import" one. And drop the PC-elitisim in case someone comes along who takes you seriously. :)
(Or should that be "ciriously"?)

The problem with merging the thread is that there was no answer for my question specifically anywhere on the net. There are mentions of porting saves for all other formats besides the PS4; now it's just going to be more difficult for me to receive an answer...

Which is why I created the thread to see what people thought would happen with the PS4 version of the game. Not save game porting in general, as this won't apply to the PS4 version at all.

Which is why I created the thread to see what people thought would happen with the PS4 version of the game. Not save game porting in general, as this won't apply to the PS4 version at all.

The thread that this was merged with was asking the question with regards to PS4 and Xbox. It's been asked a lot of times, but the situation remains unchanged. CDPR said several months ago that they were exploring various options, and will presumably give an answer when they've done so.

The speculation is as described in this thread (and its predecessors), that if there isn't a way of importing from a savegame on a different device, then it would be good to have an option to manually enter your decisions, where they're relevant to TW3.

And no, we also don't know what's relevant.

Guest 2812644

Well, at least it seems safe to assume that imported decisions won't have a huge impact, if CDPR still sits on the fence about it, that far into development.

But it's probably not as bad as it sounds: most decisions influenced the political state of the Northern Kingdoms. TW3 is set at and beyond the frontline to Nilfgaard - which attacked the North, no matter the outcome of TW2 - and southern Redania - the most stable of the Northern Kingdoms, with Radovid alive and all.

Furthermore, we know that TW3 will feature a more personal story and won't delve as deep into politics as TW2 did - when it does, I expect it to be strategic decisions regarding the war or political conflicts on Skellige, both of which are not heavily influenced by TW2. Nor is Tretogor part of the game, or any other capital city, which eliminates the necessity of designing great parts of the game with Anais and the current monarchs in mind. Temerian lands that we can roam are war-ridden and in chaos, so that it's not that important who rules there if anyone. For all gameplay purposes, it seems to suffice that some sort of Northern army is involved in the war, without paying too much attention on which Kingdom contributes which part of that army. More in-depth consequences of TW2's decisions could be handled with dialogue, journal entries and occasional side quests.

I agree with AADEN. It is not hard to put a scenerio together that ties the various W2 endings in to a common starting point (I wrote one up but it is not with in the scope of this thread). It may not seem fair but life is not fair. About all that might be expected to be imported would be a set of armor and a sword or two.

Save Game Import system Ideas

Hi, I'm just a usual fan of Sapkowski's books and The Witcher (1&2) game.
So, I think that people who completed 1st and 2nd game parts using save import should have a lot of bonuses like taking all collected swords or armors (which are great and it will be very sad to loose them), or even some money like the game creators did in W1-W2 import system so it would be even BETTER to complete 1st ans 2nd games before buying 3rd (it also will bring some money to cdprojekt ;) ). Decisions from past games should also affect a game at least somehow, because it is part of "Role" game - you create the character and a world around him and starting a new game, you already feel that it is "your" world you affected.
Also, it would be nice, if people, who have read books, will know some secret places/items, but it's not really necessary.
Yes, I have read that save import system will be in game, but I'm worried about its "fullness", because in the news I've read, the game creators was not sure about the exact features of import system. Sorry for my bad english.

Top Bottom