What disappointed you about this game?

+
I'll just copy what I said on wiki here :

"Before The Witcher 3 Nilfgaardians were considered evil conquerers, ruthless bastards who do not even show mercy to their own and a**holes that betray those who help them but in The Witcher 3 they're more like liberators, those who bring order and Redania is the enemy, sigh. In the third game half of the Nilfgaardians you meet either miss home or don't want to kill Nordlings but all the Redanians are racist pricks and Emhyr turned from a selfish bastard to a peaceful man, He does nothing to Geralt in the end, Wasn't he an inconvenient witness? Wonder why CDPR made these changes"

It's also really obvious that act 3 was rushed, most of the quests in this act are really weird and don't have depth. Instead of making pointless points of interests and unneeded side quests in skellige, CDPR should have polished act 3.
:geraltsad::cirisad:
My biggest problem with act 3 is the choices that affect the ending, those ones about skjall and your reward were ok but the others no.First the choice in The blood on the battlefield quest,"I know what might lift your spirit" and "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything",How am i supposed to know "I know what might lift your spirit" is the good choice?It sound more like getting drunk together while the other one is more like a fatherly advice and why is it a timed decision? Ciri is in a hurry or something?,Second the choice about going with ciri to the meeting with the lodge, Not going with her is the positive choice?It feels more like leaving her when she really needs you!Third the choice about Avallach's lab, How the hell am i supposed to know "Go for it" is the good decision?"Calm down" sounds more like what Geralt should say.
:unhappy::annoyed:

Last edited:
It's also really obvious that act 3 was rushed, most of the quests in this act are really weird and don't have depth. Instead of making pointless points of interests and unneeded side quests in skellige, CDPR should have polished act 3.
:geraltsad::cirisad:
My biggest problem with act 3 is the choices that affect the ending, those ones about skjall and your reward were ok but the others no.First the choice in The blood on the battlefield quest,"I know what might lift your spirit" and "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything",How am i supposed to know "I know what might lift your spirit" is the good choice?It sound more like getting drunk together but the other one is more like a fatherly advice and why is it a timed decision? Ciri is in a hurry or something?,Second the choice about going with ciri to the meeting with the lodge, Not going with her is the positive choice?It feels more like leaving her when she really needs you!Third the choice about Avallach's lab, How the hell am i supposed to know "Go for it" is the good decision?"Calm down" sounds more like what Geralt should say.
:unhappy::annoyed:

Exactly!

It really felt like they changed the Story writers with the beginning of the Skellige questline! I mean the Baron questline was absolutely fantastic, the best questline in the whole game i think together with the HoS one! I mean sorry to say that but, the Blood and Wine plot was really weak and dumb in my opinion. Don't know what you think?.

But to come back...the Main Quest went really awkward with finding Ciri on the Isle of Mists! It was really a breaking point there for the story. Sadly!

And yes, the Decisions you make about the Fate of Ciri...well...we play Geralt, her Father, so " Relax, you don't have to be good at everything" is a bad thing to say as a father?! Wait what?

Exactly!

It really felt like they changed the Story writers with the beginning of the Skellige questline! I mean the Baron questline was absolutely fantastic, the best questline in the whole game i think together with the HoS one! I mean sorry to say that but, the Blood and Wine plot and it had was really weak and dumb in my opinion. Don't know what you think?.

But to come back...the Main Quest went really awkward with finding Ciri on the Isle of Mists! It was really a breaking point there for the story. Sadly!

And yes, the Decisions you make about the Fate of Ciri...well...we play Geralt, her Father, so " Relax, you don't have to be good at everything" is a bad thing to say as a father?! Wait what?

The Baron questline was absolutely amazing! It had one of the best lesser, greater evil choices in the trilogy. Well the skellige questline was not that bad, my problem is with the side quests, contracts and points of interest in skillige, most of them are shitty and pointless but there are some great side quests and contracts as well like the Cerys, Haljmar and cave of dreams quests and the lighthouse contract. In my opinion HOS had the best questline, awesome characters like Shani and Von Everecs and a great antagonist. About B&W, yeah the Plot was really weak and the endings were even worse.

As for the Isle of Mists, it was OK and the battle of kaer morhen was really awesome.For me the breaking point for the story was the Blood on the Battlefield.

Actually, no, I take all this back. The thing that disappointed me most was CDPR's refusal to address these issues by way of an Enhanced Edition or retrospective patching. To leave this game with such glaring issues was, I felt, nothing short of a slap in the face for those of us who have been loyal to the (game) Franchise, and it is for this reason that I will not be buying Cyberpunk and will likely never buy another CDPR game again. This could and should have been the finest RPG for a generation, as it stands, whilst still good, will forever remain a lost opporutnity.

While I do share your anger and frustration over their decisions lately and especially when you read responses like this that only put more salt on the wound, I have no doubt that if their management decided to approve an EE that the devs themselves won't pass on it considering the fact they put the insane amount of detail and time into the game, sadly, they had the brilliant idea to plan ahead expansions before the game was even out it seems which complicated things, although I love Gwent as a game on its own I don't think the campaigns will be as good as a possible EE even if they tackled the uncooked plots of Witcher 3 head-on considering the possibility that the campaigns themselves would be affected by the lower age rating that the standalone game will supposedly have, I have no idea what happened in that board meeting that decided to approve Gwent over an EE, but I guess card games are really profitable these days as evidenced by Hearthstone.

But with that said, CDPR is one of the very few game developers that make videogames that I truly enjoy these days, so I will play the Gwent campaigns and the multiplayer for a while and most likely Cyberpunk 2077 even though I do not like the genre of Cyberpunk that much, but it really frustrates me that one of the very few game studios that I enjoy their products are slowly changing for the worse in my opinion.

Sure, a user might come along and call me an entitled person for wanting more out of Witcher 3 which is a ginormous game, but it is not about the amount of the content, it is about a game company that in the past tried to fix plot-holes or at least polish some parts yet nowadays don't (even though the UI changes in patch 1.21 and recent options like the alternative movement system are really appreciated, so I am not completely dissing on CDPR), however, it does not fill me with confidence in their future games to put it mildly, which genuinely saddens me.

The Baron questline was absolutely amazing! It had one of the best lesser, greater evil choices in the trilogy. Well the skellige questline was not that bad, my problem is with the side quests, contracts and points of interest in skillige, most of them are shitty and pointless but there are some great side quests and contracts as well like the Cerys, Haljmar and cave of dreams quests and the lighthouse contract. In my opinion HOS had the best questline, awesome characters like Shani and Von Everecs and a great antagonist. About B&W, yeah the Plot was really weak and the endings were even worse.

As for the Isle of Mists, it was OK and the battle of kaer morhen was really awesome.For me the breaking point for the story was the Blood on the Battlefield.

Yes, the Cerys and Haljmar quests were good! But everything else...naah.

Well, i didn't mean that Isle of Mists was bad, it was great to find Ciri and there were many emotional moments after it. But just the way how the Story went on was not that great. And for me killing off Vesemir was more like:"Ehm..guys we need a emotional and dramatic moment for the battle of Kaer Morhen, because someone has to die....because DRAMA.."

Well but thats my interpretation and well the Battle of Kaer Morhen was good in a emotional and epic way but not good in a story telling way.

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ----------

Sure, a user might come along and call me an entitled person for wanting more out of Witcher 3 which is a ginormous game, but it is not about the amount of the content, it is about a game company that in the past tried to fix plot-holes or at least polish some parts yet nowadays don't (even though the UI changes in patch 1.21 and recent options like the alternative movement system are really appreciated, so I am not completely dissing on CDPR), however, it does not fill me with confidence in their future games to put it mildly, which genuinely saddens me.

Well said!

We don't want more content for The Witcher 3 because there isn't enough, but we only want more because everyone want's to enjoy The Witcher 3 as long as he can because the game is just after all a Masterpiece.

That's why we are sitting here, discussing about that. Because it makes us all sad to see this game slowly disappearing!

And for me killing off Vesemir was more like:"Ehm..guys we need a emotional and dramatic moment for the battle of Kaer Morhen, because someone has to die....because DRAMA.."
Well they had to kill somone off, Someone dear to Ciri like Geralt, Yennefer,Triss or Vesemir. If they hadn't done it then The Wild Hunt would have taken Ciri and probably killed everyone.Also everybody surviving the battle would have been too unrealistic and cheesy.

Well they had to kill somone off, Someone dear to Ciri like Geralt, Yennefer,Triss or Vesemir. If they hadn't done it then The Wild Hunt would have taken Ciri and probably killed everyone.Also everybody surviving the battle would have been too unrealistic and cheesy.

Yeah exactly. Lambert/Eskel wouldn't of portrayed the same emotions, they need somebody close to her. Yennefer? Yennefer is to badarse to die :>, Triss? To important, she matters to much. Geralt? Ofcourse can't be Geralt or rip Witcher 3. Who else is really close to Ciri? Avallac'h? CDPR was up his fucking arse all the time. Vesemir? Plays a lesser role throughout the game story but loves Ciri? BINGO.

Sure! But idk...that's poor writing for me to be honest. Well okay not "poor" writing but too predictable and just how Vesemir died is not good.

They could have done it at least better somehow.

Last edited:
Actually, no, I take all this back. The thing that disappointed me most was CDPR's refusal to address these issues by way of an Enhanced Edition or retrospective patching. To leave this game with such glaring issues was, I felt, nothing short of a slap in the face for those of us who have been loyal to the (game) Franchise, and it is for this reason that I will not be buying Cyberpunk and will likely never buy another CDPR game again. This could and should have been the finest RPG for a generation, as it stands, whilst still good, will forever remain a lost opporutnity.

I have the same feelings and I've taken the same decision. I would like to think like @Kinghochmeister but, sadly, my sensations are that games like TW1 and TW2 are over. Especially when it comes to care about the story and to fix hypothetical plot holes. IMHO, the attitude we've seen with TW3 it's what we must expect in the future and maybe some people like TW3 despite it's flaws but, for me, every time I play the game, what I see it's a wasted opportunity for create an epic story/conclusion. I simply don't like the results of TW3: the graphics are awesome and the details are great but, without a great story and without any connection with TW2, it's just a random action game. And more important. I was negatively impressed by the dev's behaviour to their most loyal fans: "Don't you like the game? Do you want an EE in order to fix the main story? Well, here is my central finger. Enjoy it" In the end, if Cyberpunk or the future games are going to be like this one, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy them

Last edited:
I have the same feelings and I've taken the same decision. I would like to think like @Kinghochmeister but, sadly, my sensations are that games like TW1 and TW2 are over. Especially when it comes to care about the story and to fix hypothetical plot holes. IMHO, the attitude we've seen with TW3 it's what we must expect in the future and maybe some people like TW3 despite it's flaws but, for me, every time I play the game, what I see it's a wasted opportunity for create an epic story/conclusion. I simply don't like the results of TW3: the graphics are awesome and the details are great but, without a great story and without any connection with TW2, it's just a random action game. And more important. I was negatively impressed by the dev's behaviour to their most loyal fans: "Don't you like the game? Do you want an EE in order to fix the main story? Well, here is my central finger. Enjoy it" In the end, if Cyberpunk or the future games are going to be like this one, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy them

I agree. I love this game as it is. But people will think we are being ungrateful bastards (Funny that, CDPR did it for money not to please fans, that's why they make games in the end but -_-) anyway. We want an EE to FIX the main quest issues, not to just add new content. Nobody asked for 16 free dlc, its a loved and much welcomed addition, but in the end, CDPR think we want an EE for more content, no, we want an EE to fix your damn mistakes, Shame they don't recognise barely any.

I agree. I love this game as it is. But people will think we are being ungrateful bastards (Funny that, CDPR did it for money not to please fans, that's why they make games in the end but -_-) anyway. We want an EE to FIX the main quest issues, not to just add new content. Nobody asked for 16 free dlc, its a loved and much welcomed addition, but in the end, CDPR think we want an EE for more content, no, we want an EE to fix your damn mistakes, Shame they don't recognise barely any.

And I didn't ask for Toussaint or Skellige. I would love to see the Act 2 in all it's glory with Iorveth and more content than any of those locations but, their objective was to impress

And I didn't ask for Toussaint or Skellige. I would love to see the Act 2 in all it's glory with Iorveth and more content than any of those locations but, their objective was to impress

Well i like Toussaint just because of the Yennefer bit at the end :> That fleshes out their retirement so im happy with that. But Iorveth, Ciri/Yennefer, Wild Hunt, Rita/Fringilla (So much effort into them and they have no content). Just fix it for christ sake. Fix Ciri/Yennefer most of all. That's as bad as having like no Geralt/Yennefer interactions, but thankfully they shown that rofl. Iorveth and Saskia aswell! wtf why are they not there?

I'll just copy what I said on wiki here :

"Before The Witcher 3 Nilfgaardians were considered evil conquerers, ruthless bastards who do not even show mercy to their own and a**holes that betray those who help them but in The Witcher 3 they're more like liberators, those who bring order and Redania is the enemy, sigh. In the third game half of the Nilfgaardians you meet either miss home or don't want to kill Nordlings but all the Redanians are racist pricks and Emhyr turned from a selfish bastard to a peaceful man, He does nothing to Geralt in the end, Wasn't he an inconvenient witness? Wonder why CDPR made these changes"

I actually like that because I don't see the Nilfgaardians as liberators, I see them as offering something different, something neither better nor worse than the Northern Kingdoms. In this I felt they got it right, allowing us to form our own view on them without being led in that. Above anything else in the game, this treated the player as an adult, and was one of the few examples of being allowed to draw our own conclusions.

For me the decision comes down to a very simple thing. I bought The Witcher. I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I bought The Witcher 2 and I bought The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (I know it was free but I got the original game on disc and upgraded on GOG Galaxy), and I bought the expansions for this game. I didn't mind doing this because of the quality of the product, because CDPR were renowned for taking onboard customer feedback and giving something back to them.

I felt that kind of loyalty, especially since without such as you and I, there would be no CDPR because they would have gone bankrupt, deserved better than the treatment of a game with so many issues with its writing being left in the state it has been. The GOTY was an opportunity to fix Eredin, fix Radovid, fix that awful ending, fix the issues with the romance, plug those plot holes, tweak the second act, and make the changes necessary to deliver a third act as strong as the first. Instead they used it as an opportunity to squeeze more money out of their loyal customers. At that point the became just another generic developer disinterested in its customers beyond how much money they can prize from their wallets.

Well I'm not financially well off, in fact I'm not in a very good place financially right now at all and so I have to be exceedingly careful were I spend my money on my gaming hobby and for the foreseeable future I won't be buying any more CDPR products. They simply aren't deserving of it, and the fact that you and I and goodness knows how many others feel the same way is the most disappointing thing in this game.

Well I'm not financially well off, in fact I'm not in a very good place financially right now at all and so I have to be exceedingly careful were I spend my money on my gaming hobby and for the foreseeable future I won't be buying any more CDPR products. They simply aren't deserving of it, and the fact that you and I and goodness knows how many others feel the same way is the most disappointing thing in this game.

I feel you on this. This game not only put me off from CDPR but from gaming in general, I really play less video games and don't follow any developing games, due to how disappointing this game was and I realized how much time I wasted discussing it and hyping it . There's nothing else I can do but stop supporting them financially. But also see the futility of it. If for example they lost thousand fans they got a hundred thousand more because W3 was well received. I don't think it matters to them , at the present time. Maybe some day they will be in as bad financial shape as they were when W2 was coming out and it will matter then , but not likely .

Last edited:
For me the decision comes down to a very simple thing. I bought The Witcher. I bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I bought The Witcher 2 and I bought The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (I know it was free but I got the original game on disc and upgraded on GOG Galaxy), and I bought the expansions for this game. I didn't mind doing this because of the quality of the product, because CDPR were renowned for taking onboard customer feedback and giving something back to them.

I felt that kind of loyalty, especially since without such as you and I, there would be no CDPR because they would have gone bankrupt, deserved better than the treatment of a game with so many issues with its writing being left in the state it has been. The GOTY was an opportunity to fix Eredin, fix Radovid, fix that awful ending, fix the issues with the romance, plug those plot holes, tweak the second act, and make the changes necessary to deliver a third act as strong as the first. Instead they used it as an opportunity to squeeze more money out of their loyal customers. At that point the became just another generic developer disinterested in its customers beyond how much money they can prize from their wallets.

Couldn't agree more. I wish many people have learned for the future. Sorry, but for my point of view, they can't be trusted. And i'm not saying that Cyberpunk will be a bad game. Maybe it would be great (I seriously doubt it but everything is possible) but, if there is a Cyberpunk 2 there is no guarantee that both games will have the same quality writting or a decent save import or a decent story. Once I've said that, if in one year I hear that Cyberpunk it's going to be release just in consoles, I wouldn't be surprised at all

---------- Updated at 09:28 AM ----------

I feel you on this. This game not only put me off from CDPR but from gaming in general, I really play less video games and don't follow any developing games, due to how disappointing this game was and I realized how much time I wasted discussing it and hyping it . There's nothing else I can do but stop supporting them financially. But also see the futility of it. If for example they lost thousand fans they got a hundred thousand more because W3 was well received. I don't think it matters to them , at the present time. Maybe some day they will be in as bad financial shape as they were when W2 was coming out and it will matter then , but not likely .

You just resume the situation pretty well. We are expendable now

But the most annoying thing is still that they know about the problems in TW3...but really don't care. What upsets me the most!

And more important. I was negatively impressed by the dev's behaviour to their most loyal fans: "Don't you like the game? Do you want an EE in order to fix the main story? Well, here is my central finger. Enjoy it"

it is about a game company that in the past tried to fix plot-holes or at least polish some parts yet nowadays don't (even though the UI changes in patch 1.21 and recent options like the alternative movement system are really appreciated, so I am not completely dissing on CDPR), however, it does not fill me with confidence in their future games to put it mildly, which genuinely saddens me.

I agree. I love this game as it is. But people will think we are being ungrateful bastards (Funny that, CDPR did it for money not to please fans, that's why they make games in the end but ) anyway. We want an EE to FIX the main quest issues, not to just add new content. Nobody asked for 16 free dlc, its a loved and much welcomed addition, but in the end, CDPR think we want an EE for more content, no, we want an EE to fix your damn mistakes, Shame they don't recognise barely any.

(and more)

I have very bad vibe from this thread, don't get me wrong, I understand someone can be disapointed, or want game improvement, but forcing this on CDPRED is just childish... especially arguing this "If you don't (...) I don't buy", or "If you don't (...) you do this against the fans", etc.
Like my young cousin, when you don't give him something what he want- "you are stupid", "you don't like/love me", etc. seriously it's time to grow up. and accept that they don't make EE, even if you put there, more arguments such like above... and no, not because they want to spite you.

Don't buy if you don't want, and accept that many "fans" likes game as it is, even with flaws, or things you don't like (lack politic, no Iorveth and Saskia, "evil" Radovid, no choice between elves and humans, and more), and you aren't more special than them, CDPRED don't say "oh crap, our biggest fans don't like this, and this, we must throw all what we do and give what they want, cause they don't buy next game"...

Last edited:
I have very bad vibe from this thread, don't get me wrong, I understand someone can be disapointed, or want game improvement, but forcing this on CDPRED is just childish... especially arguing this "If you don't (...) I don't buy", or "If you don't (...) you do this against the fans", etc.
Like my young cousin, when you don't give him something what he want- "you are stupid", "you don't like/love me", etc. seriously it's time to grow up. and accept that they don't make EE, even if you put there, more arguments such like above... and no, not because they want to spite you.

Don't buy if you don't want, and accept that many "fans" likes game as it is, even with flaws, or things you don't like (lack politic, no Iorveth and Saskia, "evil" Radovid, no choice between elves and humans, and more), and you aren't more special than them, CDPRED don't say "oh crap, as biggest fans don't like this, and this, we must throw all what we do and give what they want, cause they don't buy next game"...

Forcing? Like if we could do that. We are just expressing how disappointed we are and what we are going to do because of it. That's a threat? No in any case. Just a consequence. Don't we accept that many fans like? Of course, we wouldn't be in this situation if that was different. But despite of all that. The game has important flaws, CDPR attitude to many people who writes in this forums have been totally differente from the past and there is majority of people who asked nicely for a long time for an EE. As far as I know, these forums served for expressing our opinions and that's what we are doing. The problem is that a good part of the community has negative impressions but that's is no forcin or menacing someone

Forcing? Like if we could do that.

Of course you culdn't, just muve alone and accept that they don't change nothing, even if you write more posts how you are disapointed.

The game has important flaws, CDPR attitude to many people who writes in this forums have been totally differente from the past and there is majority of people who asked nicely for a long time for an EE.

And it's give you permission to spam in this thread how you all are disapointed? Ok. wrote one, two posts about that, but for last pages I see only probably 6 people who wrote similar posts, again and AGAIN... All know how much you are disapointed.

As far as I know, these forums served for expressing our opinions and that's what we are doing.

I love this argument... I said I accept that, but in this thread you say it many times, it's just no sense to do this. CDPRED say they don't make EE, you say it's bad, and you are disapointed, ok. but how many times you wrote this again? It's just spam, nothing more, or less, most people say something and move alone, five or six of you repeat, and repeat and repeat, and repeat... it's not funny more, and just childish...

Last edited:

Don't buy if you don't want, and accept that many "fans" likes game as it is, even with flaws, or things you don't like (lack politic, no Iorveth and Saskia, "evil" Radovid, no choice between elves and humans, and more), and you aren't more special than them, CDPRED don't say "oh crap, our biggest fans don't like this, and this, we must throw all what we do and give what they want, cause they don't buy next game"...

While you do have a point, remember that this specific behaviour made them do the waifu patch in the first place, it was awful and half-assed but they did it anyway, and please do not say it was more than 10 users saying it, go read those threads and you will see that it was mainly 8 users repeating the same posts over and over again for thousands of pages and it worked.

I get it, you only see children shouting out of anger which is hilarious, however, CDPR are not our "friends", we are customers, sure, they are very down to earth and cool people, hell, even Marcin Iwinski said hello to a few of forum members that visited them (and I would have been part of that group if not for a very important university semester), so I understand why you would want to hop in for their "rescue".

However, remember that CDPR put DRM for Witcher 2, I personally did not see it, but from what I heard this very community did a severe backlash on them for doing that move and lo and behold, they removed it and kept the game DRM-free, being "friendly" does not work, you have to suck up your admiration for the company and criticize in the hope that maybe, just maybe, one of their analysts might even consider mentioning this incident as a bullet-point in a meeting, because that is what works apparently.

You are happy with the game in its current state? Fine. But do not act like it is perfect in its current state and I don't think CDPR devs that put tens of thousands of hours of their lives into it think it is perfect either especially with the last act, if more in the community joined in this behaviour, most likely the EE would have happened which I doubt any of the newcomers would say no to.

It is too late since they have already moved on to Gwent and Cyberpunk, I understand, but they have to know, unless you are fine with CDPR popping out lesser quality products in the future.

Top Bottom