What do you want in Witcher 4?

+
What do I want in probably future game taking place in the Witcher World? A game where you can be a mage.
Mages in witcher's universe are so complex and well elaborated that I would really like to play as one.

It would probably need a different title then, and i ,for unknown reason, prefer the word 'sorcerer' :)

It may be enough, but cmon, The Witcher universe is AWSOME :)

I won't disagree with that, i love every minutes reading the books and playing the games. I would like to to see a witcher 4 one day, but not in a near futur, for the sake of the franchise and for CDPR. Working on the same IP during ten years (and more) isn't the best way to save creativity.

Chances are low

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/0...ld-hunt-interview-with-the-gameplay-designer/

Ciri’s appearance was caused, in part, by the team’s decision to close up the series with this game.

“[The Witcher 3] is the last of everything,” Monnier said. People go back and forth on messageboards and such about whether this is the last Witcher game or the last game starring Geralt, but Monnier makes it clear: no more Witcher games after this one.

“I was on [the Witcher subreddit] and someone mentioned we could do a full Ciri game. I’d love to do that. I don’t know, we have no plans to do it. People think we’re going to use her, that we’re using Wild Hunt as an intro to her,” he said.

“It makes sense, I thought, actually it’s a good idea. But we wanted to show her because it’s the last game, it’s our last chance.”

“We’d never say never, though,” he said, leaving a last, thin string of hope for us.

As I wrote elsewhere, I think it would be cool if adventures of other Witchers be explored, let Geralt have his rest either with Triss, Yen or alone chilling with Dandelion and Zoltan. Lambert is on an adventure with Keira, Lambert went East (so there is potential for Azar Javed-like awesomeness as far as his potential enemies and allies are concerned) ... there are Witchers from other schools.... Or what about the perspective of Scoia'tael, playing as Iorveth... I mean there is so much that can be done with this IP even without Geralt and company (although cameos would be awesome).

Last edited:
Would also love epic boss fights similar to the Kayran in W2. That was sorely missing in this game! Especially the 'tease' in the 'Dragon' contract.

Please no : that is the part I liked less about TW2 : absurdly difficult boss fights, that you magically solve by using one sign.

TW3/4 needs ... Geralt, or a make my own avatar, male or female, better lighting, no flicking, better weather,darker nights, better color, solid frames, no pop in, no blurry textures, no floating npcs or assets, more nudity, breaking combat animations, monster climbling like dragon's dogma, and the option for total clean screen, as in NO floating text,button prompts,talk bubbles, the word talk, no buttion icons, horse needs to move and feel more like RDR, and maybe have online like RDR or GTA 5. More camera options, let us map our own controls, let us shot the crossbow like we do in most gun games. That's it, that's all thanks ;)

Seeing how it was already stated that this would be the last story of Geralt, but not of the world of The Witcher. I do not see them revisiting this world until at least 2020. But if they did listen to their fan base, and have another story with Geralt, I would hope, (By the Gods help me because I do not believe I am saying this) it would be a somewhat prequel. (I hate them though, Damn George Lucas!) As in, I would like to play out The Last Wish story line. And while I do understand in the world of Doctor Who that, The Last Wish, is a fixed point in time that can not be changed. I would like to see if Geralt would make the same choice. Maybe something along the lines of the age old question: If I knew then what I know now.....

I know, I am going to cause a shit storm. I read the first book, I understand The Last Wish, but would Geralt still make that wish? And I know when everyone sees my sig, I'm going to be labeled biased because of it.

A future Witcher Game that lets you create your own character?

I was just wondering if theres any news on if there will be a future Witcher game that has open world(W3) and will let you create your own character?

After the claims that The Witcher 3 is the end of his story (and it has indeed been written that way), a Geralt sequel would have an "Assassins Creed" feel to it, although maybe not many would mind that by the time it is released. I do not really like playing as Ciri, let alone for an entire game. So, that leaves a new protagonist, and a generally new cast of characters.

I'm pretty sure the answers to all those questions were answered in The Witcher 1 in journal entries.

IIRC, the Witchers were created by a master Elven swordsman and an alchemist. They were created to kill monsters (everyone knows that.) There are different school because The Witchers are not a tightly knit organization like the Jedi Knights or historical Knights Templar. Each school teaches a slightly different combat style. The school of the Wolf focuses on martial abiltity; especially swordsmanship. The Witchers declined because (A) they were no longer needed when the human kingdoms grew strong and adapted to the dangerous world they lived in (B) humans innately fear what what they don't understand, and once the Witchers were no longer needed they began to be persecuted. The Wolf school was famously massacred during a pomgram that killed all the Witchers living at Kaer Morhen. Only Vessimer survived.

Of course, part of the point of The Witcher series is that The Witchers are in decline and they don't necesarily even want to revive their order. They're a member of a dying caste that used a wicked means to accomplish a noble end. They recogonize the method of creating a Witcher isn't exactly ethical and choose not to continue it. In the games, Bertram, Letho, and Lambert all take their turn playing the "anti-hero" Witcher to emphasize this (in literature, an "anti-hero" is someone who resists the call to duty or greatness.)
wrong. there is more about it in the last book "season of storms" by sapkowski

I'd like to suggest the following features / mechanics for The Witcher 4:

º Character Creator / Ability to create our own Witcher (Male / Female)

º Ability to create our own Witcher School (and allowing us to recruit and even train potential Wtichers for our own School)

º Related to the above point, allowing us to create / establish our own Witcher School Headquarter(s), with the ability to upgrade parts of it (or to fortify it)

º Giving us the ability / option to go on exploring and questing with another Witcher by our side (either a Witcher we trained and is part of our School, or another "pre-fixed" Witcher available for recruitment / hiring elsewhere in the game's world as we explore it)

º Unsure if it would be lore-friendly, but perhaps allowing us to tame a creature capable of flight, in order for us to mount it to travel by air. However, I was thinking about such a creature being unique and part of a quest chain, rather than just "magically" taming one in the wild. For example, your Witcher would find an injured Wyvern youngling and, over time, you'd manage to tame it. It'd grow in size at some point ( quest completion ), which is when you'd be able to call it from any location, it'd come flying from a distance and land next to you (just as it is possible to call your horse now in Witcher 3). We'd then take off on the mount's back and travel by air up to a certain maximum altitude.

They are my suggestions for now, thanks.

I'd like to suggest the following features / mechanics for The Witcher 4:

º Character Creator / Ability to create our own Witcher (Male / Female)

º Ability to create our own Witcher School (and allowing us to recruit and even train potential Wtichers for our own School)

º Related to the above point, allowing us to create / establish our own Witcher School Headquarter(s), with the ability to upgrade parts of it (or to fortify it)

º Giving us the ability / option to go on exploring and questing with another Witcher by our side (either a Witcher we trained and is part of our School, or another "pre-fixed" Witcher available for recruitment / hiring elsewhere in the game's world as we explore it)

º Unsure if it would be lore-friendly, but perhaps allowing us to tame a creature capable of flight, in order for us to mount it to travel by air. However, I was thinking about such a creature being unique and part of a quest chain, rather than just "magically" taming one in the wild. For example, your Witcher would find an injured Wyvern youngling and, over time, you'd manage to tame it. It'd grow in size at some point ( quest completion ), which is when you'd be able to call it from any location, it'd come flying from a distance and land next to you (just as it is possible to call your horse now in Witcher 3). We'd then take off on the mount's back and travel by air up to a certain maximum altitude.

They are my suggestions for now, thanks.

Ironically, you think that the fifth option is the only one that's not lore-friendly.

Anyways, character creation for a Witcher game is a bad move if they ever decide to implement this (hopefully not) How are we suppose to bond to NPCs like Geralt did with Yennefer or Ciri? Fallout 4 is the best example for why this is a mistake, character creation and story telling don't exactly mix, in Fallout 4 I never once felt any connection to the family that Bethesda made me start with. I think having a pre-existing character in the Witcher universe is best because I also want voice acting in my character (again, big mistake with Fallout 4 and character creation).

I think it's best for the Witcher games to have predefined characters since it's been like that since the beginning. Changing the way Witcher games are at this point in time is not a good idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom