Which Mods Do You Want To See For W3?

+
bigjohnson said:
2-lightsabers

I stopped right there.

bigjohnson said:
Witcher 1 texture & sound mod - Play Witcher 3 with the mood, feel, look and sound of the first Witcher.

Witcher 3 is a different game, I don't see why some people want to make W1.

Most prolly come from consoles other wise i don't understand why you don't want mods for W3 it will enhanched game you won't believe(alot of experience with elder scrolls)

First i play through the witcher 3 without mods when experience that im going full mod mode

Ballowers100 said:
Why shouldn't the rest of the video game need modding?

If I want to make a mod where I make a helicopter and texture it and want to make Geralt of Rivia to fly it I should be able to or if I want to make NPC's have AK-47's and shoot them I should be able to I shouldn't be restricted.

The Elder Scrolls video games let you make those type of mods to some extent.

It's simple really if you don't want those types of mods.

1. Don't download those types of mods.

Or.

2. Don't make those types of mods.

Let me have my freedom to create whatever I want.

What I meant is that the game shouldn't feel like it needs modding, as eskiMoe said. I wasn't dissing your freedom at all.

Red0oG said:
REDkit for TW2 is great, but it doesnt allow you to do crazy shit like in skyrim, thats why I guess there arent so many mods yet for TW2.

I think it does (FCR2 was made with it), it's just very complicated to figure out its innards and bypass the bugs.

Ballowers100 said:
Wait there are PC gamers who don't want mods for the PC versions of video games? Why?

Because when I use mods to fix things, it means the game itself is lacking in technical aspect. When I use mods for texture replacement, it means the game is lacking in artistic department. When I use mods for new in-game quests, it means the game offers inadequate content. I want TW3 be such that I neither need nor want any mods. Complete new adventures that use the game engine as its base are alaways welcome, but I do not call them mods.

Mods are there for customizing your experience. I'll always use mods when I can, I like to tweak visuals, UI, etc. But obviously no one wants to have to fix stuff with mods.

Ballowers100 said:
Wait there are PC gamers who don't want mods for the PC versions of video games? Why?
Just like vivaxardas said.

If I just go by the example of Skyrim, why the hell do I need over two dozen mods to fix a game. Can't the dev just make the game work properly.

I'm not even talking about the various more quest and content stuff, but having to use mods just to fix Dragons, the civil war, a stupid Brawl bug, textures, scripting, level progression and let's not forget the complete User Interface...

To be able to mod is a good thing...
Having to mod a game just to fix stuff is bad.

sanamia said:

If I just go by the example of Skyrim, why the hell do I need over two dozen mods to fix a game. Can't the dev just make the game work properly.

I'm not even talking about the various more quest and content stuff, but having to use mods just to fix Dragons, the civil war, a stupid Brawl bug, textures, scripting, level progression and let's not forget the complete User Interface...

I've played with 0 mods for 2 years just fine.

Ballowers100 said:
Only game which has no need to mod to be good. (skyrim)
No one said that he doesnt want mods only game which isnt so bad that it feel totaly shit compared to a moded version.
(skyrim) those games are easy to mod because there empty and there is much place to fill the world. (skyrim)

guipit said:
REMAKE OF WITCHER 1

I said this before when the REDKIT came out but it'd be cool if chapter 1 was remade, a lot of assets from W2 are similar to W1Chapter1. There are already Drowners and the Rotfiends could replace Ghouls, the Barghests are a bit tricky you'd have to make the werewolves green and have them do that incinerated flame effect that'd also be green.

You'd have to ask CDPR to use the voice files from W1 though
if a remake of a chapter of TW1 then please the secound. It was the best.

The only mods that I want are skin/outfit/armour and weapon mods. Those are basically the only mods I download for Skyrim and the only mods I would love to see in, say, Black Flag. Well I'd love to be able to mod in so I can play as a different character entirely. Playing as Ratohnhake:ton, with a knife and tomahawk, running around owning everything with the Red Willow powers, that'd be awesomesauce.

Mods are great for exactly that reason. They add so much replayability and don't hamstring the player's preferences. They're fun damnit! Also, it'd be cool if I could add some gameplay tweaks to Black Flag. Like say, I could always assassinate in motion as long as I've been sprinting for like 5 seconds.

Man, I'm talking too much about Black Flag huh :p But that's because Witcher 3 isn't out yet so how the fuck am I supposed to know what mods I want for it. As for now, outfits and weapons. That's all I want and need. It would be cool to see a mod where more combat styles are added. Like animation moves for a rapier. That way I could use a rapier with rapier skin and cosplay as some awesome knight from Novigrad.

sanamia said:

Eh, then people should fucking say that and not bash mods. I get the sense that the first poster (not the OP) was just pissing on mods for no adequate fucking reason. Y'all should just rephrase what you're trying to say where it comes out kinda like this: "As long as the mods in question aren't fixing general compatibility and gameplay issues that the game developer itself overlooked to correct, whether out of laziness or lack of budget, then hell yeah, bring on the mods!!"

I get a very pessimistic and negative vibe from reading the comments on this thread. Mods are supposed to inject some passion in people! It should immediately get your juices going and let you fantasise about what YOU would like to see implemented. Instead I see a bunch of boring ass fucking old people posts. Fucking hell guys, lighten up.

In any case, be more like the OP. That dude gets it.

Top Bottom