Will we see (insert name here) in the paid expansions?

+
I don't know, obviously, but my guess would be that the Toussaint one is mainly new and the other one is old, as they've been emphasising that in the promo. But I think/hope that "old" means TW1/TW2, not the characters we saw in TW3.

I'm hoping that this characters will affect in some way to the endings. I know that they are independent storylines but they have to connect in some way to the main story.

I don't know, obviously, but my guess would be that the Toussaint one is mainly new and the other one is old, as they've been emphasising that in the promo. But I think/hope that "old" means TW1/TW2, not the characters we saw in TW3.

I wish the exact opposite. TW3 introduce so many characters which are not fully exploited in the games (Rosa & Edna var Attre, king of beggars, Svanrige, etc).

I wish the exact opposite. TW3 introduce so many characters which are not fully exploited in the games (Rosa & Edna var Attre, king of beggars, Svanrige, etc).

Not every character is of equal importance, sometimes characters are fleshed out to add life to the world. Sometimes a gun is a just a gun and nothing more.

where is the
tag? not everyone is that far...

(i am serious, but also...)

It's YOUR fault I'm not that far in the game, so you have to edit yourself!

(lol, but just be polite ;) )
Sorry dude if that was in reply to me.

Though nothing to worry about, not a game spoiler but possibly a book spoiler.

Anyway, hurry up already, geez.
Nah... I'm only in act 2 myself.
Take your time, lots to see.

Not every character is of equal importance, sometimes characters are fleshed out to add life to the world. Sometimes a gun is a just a gun and nothing more.

I would be agree with you if they don't show you those characters with great details and many cutscenes. Rosa var Attre has a very good background, only used to do fencing lessons outside of Novigrad... really ? It's the same for the King of beggars : amazing cutscene, really intriguing character, discuss strategy to take control of the city... and nothing. We never see him again apart from the bath house. Ok, it's impossible to make all NPC interesting, but I don't know, something is missed
Oh, I also forgot to mention Tamara. What a waste...
But overal I enjoy the game lol I don't want to be ungrateful.

None of them makes any sense in a Touissant or even Oxenfurt setting...

Svanrige
is death or exile in my game... exile !
I don't see the problems. Many characters are not stick to the ground. They can move, take a horse, etc. What's the point (for a doppler) of staying in a city when each guard stalking you... makes no sense ! ^^

Edit : my english is bad, sorry

It was done to show you how nilfgaardian blue bloods are like. King of beggars was again done to add life to the criminal life of novigrad. I think a lot of people have gotten cynical due to shitty games made where everything is done for a purpose. If a character shows it must be important.

King of beggars establishes how the novigrad underworld is, shows you that they aint idiots. Rosa shows how nilgaardian high born are like and this game has done their damnest to whitewash Nilfgaard and Emyhr.

Good characters are needed to add a sense of believability to the world and always remember this the world of witcher does not revolve around Geralt, he is not even side player in it. Thats why you need side throwaway characters to add the level of detail to a world. When well written characters only exist to serve the player the world starts falling apart.

It was done to show you how nilfgaardian blue bloods are like. King of beggars was again done to add life to the criminal life of novigrad. I think a lot of people have gotten cynical due to shitty games made where everything is done for a purpose. If a character shows it must be important.

King of beggars establishes how the novigrad underworld is, shows you that they aint idiots. Rosa shows how nilgaardian high born are like and this game has done their damnest to whitewash Nilfgaard and Emyhr.

Good characters are needed to add a sense of believability to the world and always remember this the world of witcher does not revolve around Geralt, he is not even side player in it. Thats why you need side throwaway characters to add the level of detail to a world. When well written characters only exist to serve the player the world starts falling apart.

Agreed.
With a lot of other game companies you'd end up with "generric crime boss figure". With this game you end up with "The King of Beggars", a real character who you'd like to know more about.
This is one of the things that sets CDPR apart. So much effort put into a character thats only real purpose is to give out a quest and has maybe 5 minutes screen time.

In saying that though, I really wish there was more Rosa.

Saskia & Iorveth

Ok so as many of you know, saskia and iorveth r not in the witcher 3 :(
but Roche is
And I am one of the many who chose iorveth in the witcher 2, and was pretty disappointed when they never showed up, or even mentioned at that!
The developers have stated that both iorveth and saskia r safe and sound. And with two big expansions r almost certainly going to appear

My question is how.
the first expansions will revolve around oxenfurt university and Shani, so they probably won't pop up there
The second in Toussaint still has almost no info, so it's hard to tell
so I would like to hear some ideas of how saskia and iorveth will fit into the future expansions.

As I have already mentioned, I fear they wont appear in these 2 expansions because neither sounds like it would fit their story.

The best way to bring them both back would be a 3rd Dol Blathanna expansion and I´d really prefer this as this would focus on their stories and finish telling them instead of just a quick pop up in the first 10 hour expansion or in Touissant where they will be really out of place.

They are already in the Scoiatel deck under the leadership of Francesca, on one of the cards you can see her commanding a Scoiatel unit and Iorveth is standing right behind her so this sounds like a perfect comeback for them.

The story could focus on them leaving Vergen because of the war and allying with Francesca and then becoming her rivals trying to create a free state over there fighting her and nilfgaard and then depending on player choices, the area would either become a free state or Francesca and Nilfgaard would continue ruling there.

That would be like a dream come true that would deserve a proper mention in the ending just like Temeria and Skellige : )

i think it's really bad having only roche in tw3 and not iorveth, because if you coose iorveth's path, you don't get to see him nor saskia in tw3. (works both ways),

and if you want to see how their story continues, you have to buy the expantions, but we still have no idea if iorveth and saskia will appear in the expantions, there is no word about them
if we see them again, it will be in a third expansion

Last edited:
i think it's really bad having only roche in tw3 and not iorveth, because if you coose iorveth's path, you don't get to see him nor saskia in tw3. (works both ways),

and if you want to see how their story continues, you have to buy the expantions, but we still have no idea if iorveth and saskia will appear in the expantions, there is no word about them
if we see them again, it will be in a third expansion

If they ever appear, it will be only as a cameo, based on additional questions concerning a fate of the dragon, and whether we chose to save Iorveth in the end. Pretty much the same way as we have Letho. Both are killable in TW2, and simply can't play any major role in any expansion.

If they ever appear, it will be only as a cameo, based on additional questions concerning a fate of the dragon, and whether we chose to save Iorveth in the end. Pretty much the same way as we have Letho. Both are killable in TW2, and simply can't play any major role in any expansion.

Thats another thing

in the witcher 2 there never should have been an option to kill the dragon, who in their right mind would do that(like killing paarthornax in skyrim)
but, a way around that on consoles in the default state and simulated one saskia lives.

---------- Updated at 08:08 AM ----------

As I have already mentioned, I fear they wont appear in these 2 expansions because neither sounds like it would fit their story.

The best way to bring them both back would be a 3rd Dol Blathanna expansion and I´d really prefer this as this would focus on their stories and finish telling them instead of just a quick pop up in the first 10 hour expansion or in Touissant where they will be really out of place.

They are already in the Scoiatel deck under the leadership of Francesca, on one of the cards you can see her commanding a Scoiatel unit and Iorveth is standing right behind her so this sounds like a perfect comeback for them.

The story could focus on them leaving Vergen because of the war and allying with Francesca and then becoming her rivals trying to create a free state over there fighting her and nilfgaard and then depending on player choices, the area would either become a free state or Francesca and Nilfgaard would continue ruling there.

That would be like a dream come true that would deserve a proper mention in the ending just like Temeria and Skellige : )

I do like that but I don't think they're making a third expansion, also I don't think iorveth would never ally with francesca to begin with, he really hates her.

Also I agree, Vergen is never mentioned once in the witcher 3, they say aidern is conquered but my world state Vergen is independent! I mean it's like the events of the witcher2 didn't even happen. We need a conclusion!

Actually Vergen is mentioned like 3 times but only very briefly.

And I dont think Iorveth is killable in Witcher 2.

He is just injured if you save Triss and you can either let her teleport him to Vergen or leave him there which does not automatically guarantee that he will die.

Yes we do need a conclusion! Its really sad how they screwed over half the players of W2 like this : (

I personally do not give a damn about Ves or Roche, like its nice to see them again but I want my scoiatael squad : (

iorveth and roche are killable? i had no idea

Top Bottom