Witcher 3 music

+
Interview with Marcin Przybylowicz, where he talks about his career, working on TW3, HoS and there is also some information about the music in Blood and Wine: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=546

Percival are back, like with HoS, and this time Mikolai Stroinski is returning, too. And there's a new composer on the team, as well - Piotrek Musial, who some here might know from his work on the OST for This War of Mine.

Hey, fellow witchers and witcheresses. :)

I'm looking for the music that plays when Geralt is in Yennefer's room in Kaer Trolde (i think it is the track for the
Triss love scene
too)

Any ideas?

I assume you mean this one:

Last edited:
Last edited:
While we're talking about the White Orchard theme....is there any particular reason they decided not to include the starting area theme in the soundtrack?

Many tracks are missing from the OST (even some that are frequently played in major areas like Novigrad or Skellige and should be familiar to most players), perhaps to keep its size or the number of tracks within reasonable limits, or for some other reason.

Many tracks are missing from the OST (even some that are frequently played in major areas like Novigrad or Skellige and should be familiar to most players), perhaps to keep its size or the number of tracks within reasonable limits, or for some other reason.

I really do hope that they'll release a complete soundtrack down the road....

This was not on the HoS OST so I made this by ripping some of the game's files and recording in-game music. Can anyone give me feedback on the quality?

Also, enjoy!

I'm a little late to the party but wth

The music in the game elevates the overall experience to a whole new level.

Geralt circles his prey, waiting for the moment to strike.... and 'Song of the Sword Dancer' plays....it puts me in the shoes of a highly trained, experienced and lethal Witcher.

Thanks to the music I can almost smell the blades of grass under Geralt's feet...hear the heated huffing and puffing of whatever beast he is facing...feel the coiled tension in Geralt's sword-arm. Its tremendously empowering and immersive.

Sword Dancer, Steel/Sword for Humans/Monsters, Sword of Destiny, White Orchard Combat theme, The first Griffin fight music...all excellent tracks. What struck me most was that the songs themselves weren't at all about combat or swordsmanship....it was usually something very folksy (not surprising in retrospect)....but the songs still had a powerful feel thanks to the percussion, the composition and the vocals.

I thought if I could find other songs which sound absolutely badass and fitting for a Witcher's "Sword Dance"...but are actually about something completely different by virtue of being in a foreign (for me anyway) language

I found one in my native language which I feel fits in with the The Witcher 3's OST as a potential combat track....if you guys know any please share

Disregarding the lyrics and the video....I can imagine Geralt elegantly lopping heads off to that tune^

What do you guys think?

Main Menu soundtrack question

I just started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time yesterday and I enjoyed the main menu music and wanted to find the file within the official soundtrack provided with the game.

I was surprised to find out that there doesn't appear to be a main menu track included in the soundtrack.

But it gets worse: I then discovered that the music I was looking for wasn't even the real main menu music for the base game; it was only the Hearts of Stone main menu music.

First of all: I was quite saddened and, frankly, offended, that I'm being denied the opportunity to experience the main menu music (and the main menu background scene) for the base game simply because I've been busy and haven't gotten around to playing the game until now. After waiting a year to play this game and being so ecstatic to finally start it up and let the music and main menu scenery blissfully embalm itself in my psyche as a nostalgia-seeding "THE Witcher 3 experience that everyone else experienced when they first started up this game back in May last year", to then find out that it was a complete lie was barely short of infuriating.

That may sound trivial and silly, and maybe it is, but it's the genuine truth. I take games seriously; they are my sole hobby and I derive much enjoyment out of them (evidently in rather esoteric ways, but still.)

Not cool.

But secondly: is there some way to obtain or extract the main menu music (err, both of them, I guess...)? And no, lossily ripping them off an already lossily-encoded crappy-bitrated YouTube upload would be as insulting to the majesty of this game's music as it would be technologically sloppy.

Thanks in advance.

the music in the basic main menu (not hearts of stone) is called geralt of rivia, the second half of the song, it is in the official soundtrack

the music in the basic main menu (not hearts of stone) is called geralt of rivia, the second half of the song, it is in the official soundtrack

Ahh, I hadn't noticed that because I was only looking at the beginning of the tracks, assuming the beginning of the track would match the riff heard as soon as the main menu appears.

Still, something's not right, since half the Geralt of Rivia track only amounts to about a minute, yet all the YouTube uploads of the main menu music appear to be around 3 minutes long. I can't put my finger on what's causing the discrepancy since I only just heard the music now and so it's hard to keep it all in my memory to figure out what's going on.

Ahh, I hadn't noticed that because I was only looking at the beginning of the tracks, assuming the beginning of the track would match the riff heard as soon as the main menu appears.

Still, something's not right, since half the Geralt of Rivia track only amounts to about a minute, yet all the YouTube uploads of the main menu music appear to be around 3 minutes long. I can't put my finger on what's causing the discrepancy since I only just heard the music now and so it's hard to keep it all in my memory to figure out what's going on.

The song is still 3 minutes long, it's just at a different starting point.

I played yesterday the witcher 3 and noticed a background music in at least one of the Skellige's island that I haven't heard before. At least it's not in the soundtrack?
Maybe it was Faroe's island. If somebody know what theme I mean, could they put a link to it?

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Soundtrack

Hi,

I bought the game a few months ago on Steam, and I've clocked about a 100 hours so far (I normally do not put that many hours in a game). I still haven't finished this amazing game, but as I was exploring the world, I heard great song after great song, so I extracted the soundtrack that was in the directory, but noticed some of my favourite tracks not being in the soundtrack that came with the Steam version. I heard that you cannot get any of these tracks, other than YouTube rips. Will they ever release a full version of the soundtrack with every single song in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1xO-R_JpA

All of these songs in the video are fantastic, and I would like to have them.

Will they ever release a full version of the soundtrack with every single song in the game?
Hey there,
To my knowledge, the REDs haven't announced any plans to release a complete soundtrack. However, a more extensive selection of music from the game should be available on the streaming services Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music. If you use any of these, you can check it out. I hope that's of some help. Cheers.

Hey there,
To my knowledge, the REDs haven't announced any plans to release a complete soundtrack. However, a more extensive selection of music from the game should be available on the streaming services Spotify, Apple Music, and Google Play Music. If you use any of these, you can check it out. I hope that's of some help. Cheers.

I have Apple Music, I'm gonna check it out. Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom