Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - The Revival

+
Well, I liked her in The Last Wish too, I guess I just wasn't THAT impressed by her writing until The Sword of Destiny. So many things about her character started to make more sense in the 2nd book - her obsession with motherhood, for example, was only mentioned in one of the conversations between Nenneke and Geralt in TLW, but seeing and hearing about it from herself in The Bounds of Reason and Something More was very different. It even hinted to me her motivation for capturing the djinn in the previous book.
In short - even if I didn't quite understood Geralt's initial infatuation with her in TLW, I could definitely understand what made him coming back to her by the end of SoD.

I agree with you on that, were she may have appeared maybe rather cold in the beginning, the reader discovers that her reasons are very humane (atleast to me). And also good point about Geralt returning to her. I'd like to think that Geralt also could relate to her in a way, I mean the fact that he is/was usually unwelcome or being called a freak. He saw through her eyes her past etc, and related to that. They both wanted to be in the end normal human beings, but were never treated like that, and the effects of that are really visible to me in the short story: A shard of ice.

It was the djinn's magic, of course.
:geraltaha::angry2:

I agree with you on that, were she may have appeared maybe rather cold in the beginning, the reader discovers that her reasons are very humane (atleast to me).
Do you mean 'human' rather than 'humane'? I have never noticed Yennefer being humane particularly... rather the opposite .... but human, as in showing a kind of empathy-inspiring weakness, then yes.

Why did they make Ciri so pretty in this game? I keep thinking to myself in the game

"She's like a daughter to me."

etc

It just feels so awkward, especially since how i feel in love with Yennefer's character in the books.

Y'know, I like GOG Galaxy, but it's really made me miss Steam's screencap function, especially for a game as gorgeous as TW3. So despite not caring to begin with, Ansel seems to be increasingly relevant to my interests, inasmuch as I can take nifty pictures of Eva Green Yennefer & family.

(even with a sullen teenager in the background)

Ordinarily not, but that first picture looked fairly Vanessa Ives-ish, if Penny Dreadful had ever had colour in it.

@Raven-beauty and @Lytha wrote some good points. Explaining how Yennefer pretended not to be bothered by an injured Ciri so that she doesn't appear weak. Ciri see's that this is just a disguise and knows she is emotionally hurt and hugs her, never thought of it this way, so thanks.

Now that im back, and having spent a lot of time on the Google+ forums instead, i can have proper discussions instead of just insults. So i say sorry..

Despite it being... 4 months later almost. Are people satisfied with the Yennefer ending of Blood and Wine, was it long enough, was it how you imagined their retirement would be? Don't know if that's discussed here yet.

Why did they make Ciri so pretty in this game? I keep thinking to myself in the game

etc

It just feels so awkward, especially since how i feel in love with Yennefer's character in the books.

But they made Yen very beautiful as well, so keep telling yourself that :p

Ciri is just a beautiful woman i suppose? Good to have a beautiful daughter i suppose, no worries about her being his daughter haha

---------- Updated at 07:12 PM ----------

It is a satisfying moment - the right tone - but far too short IMO. Video B&W Yen Ending below:

Yeah bro i agree 100%, its perfectly satisfying, the perfect tone, exactly how i imagined and hoped it would be. BUT it's to damn short. Which is a real shame. I would of liked them to maybe make it a little longer. Something about the Dress or something where Ciri comes aswell. But can't ask for to much i suppose, even tho it only adds to game immersion -_-

Guest 3847602

Are people satisfied with the Yennefer ending of Blood and Wine, was it long enough, was it how you imagined their retirement would be? Don't know if that's discussed here yet.

It was just the right length for me, a fitting epilogue for them, pretty much exactly how Geralt imagined his retirement will look like in Time of Contempt. Even the name of their vineyard (Corvo Bianco = The White Raven) was a nice touch. :D

Despite it being... 4 months later almost. Are people satisfied with the Yennefer ending of Blood and Wine, was it long enough, was it how you imagined their retirement would be? Don't know if that's discussed here yet.

Yes I am more then satisfied, the conversations between them matched so wel to one another. Specially when they look back were 'their banter' begane xD.
As @ooodrin mentioned, it was their dream to one day settle down (wel it was Geralt's dream to begin with) and so it is in my opinion really wel in spirit with the canon of the books and I am grateful for that. And not to mention the dress and unicorn moving into the house.

Even the name of their vineyard (Corvo Bianco = The White Raven) was a nice touch.

Wow I didn't know this, thanks for sharing!

It was just the right length for me, a fitting epilogue for them, pretty much exactly how Geralt imagined his retirement will look like in Time of Contempt. Even the name of their vineyard (Corvo Bianco = The White Raven) was a nice touch. :D

Well. I agree. In the books they talked about growing old together, plants in the garden and generally doing nothing at all. At the end of the main game she says how they can do whatever they want, whenever they want. yeah they talk about it in the books and games and to see it finally is a fitting conclusion to their story (for now :p)

I personally like the talking, but its only about 6 minutes long. For me what would make it perfect is, you know how after about 3 days you can go back to Corvo Bianco and they have more stuff that she brought, a brief conversation about it would of been perfect for me. Know why, because Yennefer says "Talk again later" so... would of been great.

Hehe, called it.

All the talk about "Dear Friend" back then. Even that sneak-peak from Gopher. You all thought Yennefer would say "dear friend" even if you get your relationship back on with her. Nahh, she says "Dearest" and then finishes up with "Your Yen". Basically what this says is that Geralt has redeemed himself for that mistake he made 6-7 years ago and now she can write to him how she wants to :D

Nice job calling it, but you didn't call the dress :p

Top Bottom