Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... I think that there are two sides:

1) Fans who read the books but interpreted them (sigh) that way.
2) People relying on Wikipedia.

3) People who read the books after playing first two or all the games and romancing Triss

This is the worst kind and their posts are so fucking painful to read. Sometimes I wish I could just erase my memory.

Yeah because your understanding of the books= fact right?

The fact that Djinn's can't create love is a fairly common knowledge, not only in Sapkowski's literature... Deal with it.

Last edited:
3) People who read the books after playing first two or all the games and romancing Triss

This is the worst kind and their posts are so fucking painful to read. Sometimes I wish I could just erase my memory.
Weeeeeell. I started reading the books when I was in the middle of W1, chapter II. Read Last Wish and Sword of Destiny before going on. I read Blood of Elves later... and then nothing because I had to wait Time of Contempt in italian.

Am I to blame?

:geraltsad:

[SUB]Kidding. Anyway, clear you PM folder, it's full :>[/SUB]

---------- Updated at 01:46 AM ----------

The fact that Djinn's can't create love is a fairly common knowledge, not only in Sapkowski's literature... Deal with it.
Yup, He said it too.

Weeeeeell. I started reading the books when I was in the middle of W1, chapter II. Read Last Wish and Sword of Destiny before going on. I read Blood of Elves later... and then nothing because I had to wait Time of Contempt in italian.

Am I to blame?

:geraltsad:

[SUB]Kidding. Anyway, clear you PM folder, it's full :>[/SUB]

I know a guy who did it in... sorta weird way. :D He started with Witcher 3, then read Sword of Destiny, then played Witcher 1 and read Lady of the Lake. Then played Witcher 2 and finished the rest of series (TLW/BoE/ToC/ToS). :D

It's clear now. >_>

Yeah because your understanding of the books= fact right?

Well what is written is fact...my understanding is similar with 99% of book readers - since I'm active in Witcher Saga fan club in my country many years I've met a lof ot book fans and their understanding is the same as mine...I personally think it is a fact.

Buuuut if it is not fact for you - ok fine I won't argue! :)

Well what is written is fact...my understanding is similar with 99% of book readers - since I'm active in Witcher Saga fan club in my country many years I've met a lof ot book fans and their understanding is the same as mine...I personally think it is a fact.

Buuuut if it is not fact for you - ok fine I won't argue! :)
May I ask how many members your countries Witcher saga fan club has? Just curious if it matches 99% of the world wide readers of the witcher saga
And again fact... "sigh"

What about Francesca?

Probably good with magic. Old and experienced as hell.

Probably not a good battle mage though. Unlike Vilgefortz.

She played other political leaders well though. She is just an elf though. Meaning cannon fodder at best, cause F* them arrogant cosplayers

I know a guy who did it in... sorta weird way. :D He started with Witcher 3, then read Sword of Destiny, then played Witcher 1 and read Lady of the Lake. Then played Witcher 2 and finished the rest of series (TLW/BoE/ToC/ToS). :D

It's clear now. >_>
Witchcraft! How in the hell... oh gods... how... he DID read Lady of the Lake after SOD. I admire his dedication but...he spoiled... I... give me a minute.

[SUB]Good, and just to be precise, I romanced Shani and then Triss in W1.

I forgot what I had to tell you in PM, nevermind. I bet it will return withing seconds.[/SUB]

By putting them in the same category I meant comparing their magical powers..it's obvious that no one can compete with elves when it comes to magic ;) So if we want to get a 'real' picture we should exclude elves and leave "pure" sorceresses like Phil, Yen, Triss etc

Why do you think it is obvious?
Sure as hell are equal in terms of all other skills.
(And inferior in their thought process)

Witchcraft! How in the hell... oh gods... how... he DID read Lady of the Lake after SOD. I admire his dedication but...he spoiled... I... give me a minute.

Well that's still not worse than my wife. She only read the Geralt and Yennefer parts (literally), then took a break from
the books for like a year and then only read the saga...

You missed The Witcher. And Lesser Evil. And Question of Price. And Eternal Flame. And The Sword of Destiny. Not to mention all Voices of Reason. Why did I even marry you? What the fuck is wrong with you woman?

Last edited:
Well that's still not worse than my wife. She only read the Geralt and Yennefer parts (literally), then took a break from the books for like a year and
then only read the saga.

You missed The Witcher. And Lesser Evil. And Question of Price. And Eternal Flame. And The Sword of Destiny. Not to mention all Voices of Reason

Seriously. How did she fully enjoy Lady of the Lake, chapter 9, without reading A Question of Price? How did she fully undertand Geralt's character without reading all Voice of Reason chapters? (not to mention that subtle hint about Geralt's mother in one of them). And Sword of Destiny? (well without reading a Question of Price... she couldn't enjoy it either). And... and...

Why did I even marry you? What the fuck?
See? There's no djinn wish.

Replying to this here, since it seems like a more appropriate place to discuss it -- Triss was asleep, Geralt was the one who woke her up by caressing her. People seem to keep forgetting the purpose of the amnesia (Which was giving Geralt a different point of view on everything) including his love-interest.

I recall exactly what happened in TW1 as well -- Triss tried to tell him about the events of The Last Wish, Geralt stopped her and told her that he wasn't ready to hear about the past yet. When he asked her to tell him in TW2, she did without leaving any details, she even told him about Ciri.

We have a saying in my country -- Cavallo que corre non ha bisogno di sproni "Do not spur the willing horse".

Lore-rape and poorly expressed interpretation that wasn't based on any facts but forgetting certain events which took place in the games doesn't make those interpretations correct.

While all this is true, you missed the crucial part - what the fuck is Triss doing in that tent? Filth She shouldn't be there
in the first place if you didn't romance her in TW1 etc. It's not even the romance that is forced, it's her dirty pressence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom