Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in short. Yen fans from the books were screwed because there was no Yennefer in the first two games. Shani fans because she was absent from W2. And now it's Triss fans turn?

That's a pretty negative line of thinking. If some design choices led to some people feeling disappointed, then the right thing to do is try to avoid it in the future, not the other way around.

I would totally agree with you, but reuniting with Yen MUST be unsettling for Triss (and, therefore, her fans), and it is. Someone could think that it'd been made too harsh, but it's a very subjective matter.

On the other hand, Shani was dropped out of TW2 just because CDPR didn't find a place in the plot for her, that's entirely different problem.

Hello guys, excuse me, I'm new here and I'm getting lost. What is everyone talking about? Ciri has a mother? Who is it?
I am so confused, please enlighten me. I have played all three games but there was no mention of Ciri having a mother.
No you must be confused, she has only father Emhyr and he hired some witcher Gerald to find her, and he also pull out of prision some witch Connifer or something to find his daughter so you maybe tought that she is her mother, but she is just some nilfgardian prisioner and maybe Emhyr grant her amnesty after she help him or just kill her when she is no longer of use to him

Last edited:
*snip*

found this funny picture :)

The original is even bigger 3500x2477

Already 4 years old, time passes fast.

I rather want a Geralt - Triss resolution. I think Yennefer's position to that is rather clear, for her it's "what is done, is done", can't change it anymore, so let's move on.
See this is a fitting attitude for Geralt IMHO, although when he gets angry, he's pretty rough.

It would've been nice to have at least an option to tell Triss how damaging her antics were.

It is a bit weird that it doesn't come up for discussion at all between them, but I would prefer to do it as Geralt and then go to Yennefer and tell her that I settled the issue to go on. Afterwards Yennefer could tell him that she, i don't know, she doesn't mind, because now he is back with her and that only counts, something like that.
I would've preferred to have my choice of not romancing Triss in previous games acknowledged by Yen. Now that would've been something spectacular. A TRUE GIFT FOR THE BOOK READERS!

If Geralt hadn't amnesia, he would have gone instantly after Yennefer/Ciri, no doubt, but because he had amnesia, he was playing politics.
Agreed. This is why playing Roche's path felt extra out of place for me. At least with Iorveth there is friendship involved with the non humans and emotional investment to do good.
And they choose politicking as the game canon in the end. Mind boggling.

It's also funny how some blame Yennefer for not looking for him, when he could look for her. "But he had amnesia, so he couldn't know", but EVERYONE ELSE didn't, so why did nobody tell him about them? Well...Dandelion, why? You are always so talkative :)

Well, nobody except Letho and Emhyr knew the details. Sorcerecess knew (Sile and Philippa), but had no motive to seek Geralt and tell him.
The real question is, did Triss knew and chose to keep silent and buy herself more amnesia love time.

I don't blame Yen for not seeking our Geralt, as I don't think she ever felt threatened by Triss. I believe she knew she would get to him sooner or later, and chose to get herself fully recovered, and straighten her position with Emhyr, so she can utilize his resources. Ever the pragmatic.

See this is a fitting attitude for Geralt IMHO, although when he gets angry, he's pretty rough.

It would've been nice to have at least an option to tell Triss how damaging her antics were.

I would've preferred to have my choice of not romancing Triss in previous games acknowledged by Yen. Now that would've been something spectacular. A TRUE GIFT FOR THE BOOK READERS!

Agreed. This is why playing Roche's path felt extra out of place for me. At least with Iorveth there is friendship involved with the non humans and emotional investment to do good.
And they choose politicking as the game canon in the end. Mind boggling.

Well, nobody except Letho and Emhyr knew the details. Sorcerecess knew (Sile and Philippa), but had no motive to seek Geralt and tell him.
The real question is, did Triss knew and chose to keep silent and buy herself more amnesia love time.

I don't blame Yen for not seeking our Geralt, as I don't think she ever felt threatened by Triss. I believe she knew she would get to him sooner or later, and chose to get herself fully recovered, and straighten her position with Emhyr, so she can utilize his resources. Ever the pragmatic.

Aye, she gave him the time he needed to recover, and did send him the letter when she thought he is ready.
If you want to see me, im waiting for you.

And doesn't this show her trust in Geralt's feeling for her? Get well and everything straighten up, then come find me. We need to search for our daughter.

She was looking for ciri loooong time on her own, right ?
So she could had send the letter much sooner, if she wanted

@Dragonbird
Sorry, understood.

But one Question.
Are for example "right/agree/no/maybee" memes etc also forbidden now ?

Last edited:
Oh, @Innamoramento
You've reminded me about "Season Of Stroms"

Yennefer is really awesome there. Always ready to help that Gervant. Even after the break up.
It feels like Sapkowski was: "How dare they put too much Triss in my world? Want a ginger? Get this one! He-he-he. Oh, and Yennefer, ofc you will be here"

The last scene with aguara is breathtaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom