GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza , in regards to the coming expanion , late march seems kinda late for the new content to be released ,at least that's what MOST of the gwent community thinks . Is there any chance we might see it pushed a little sooner??Also if it does come out late march are we gonna see metagame-changing patches to make the game feel more fresh? ( I know balance changes are planned but many of the already existing cards are rarely played) . Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance!

Hi! Please remember that we'll have new leaders in January and balance changes coming in before the March expansion, the metagame is bound to change.

I remembered today of a character that was hated through-out Beta Gwent before the nerfs that is missing in HC.

The character is Philippa Eilhart.

Is there a possibility for her to return in the near future. And is there a possibility for her to be OP the first time it appears.

She'll make a comeback :)

Since the release, im kinda lost with the whole new setup. Was the intention of the recent updates to change gwent into something elses entirely? I played since beta left for a while and came back recently. I want to cry because it doesnt feel like the gwent i knew, but i dont want to believe these changes were made without some kind of for thought and input from the community. So how did such a drastic change come about? Johnamauler321 ps4
Post automatically merged:

Ps il put my heart back into my monster decks if you can help me find an equilibrium between (for lack of better terminology )old and new gwent.

Just one small suggestion. Will ability of Brouver and Filavandrel swap? It is so strange to see Filavandrel dwarves and Brouver elves. It is so strange :D

Hi Devs and Burza!

You said 5 new leaders will we get in January. Think about who do you can reveal them for us? I think the our community have some loyal streamer, can you give this "work" to them? Like McBeard, SirPumpkn, Shinmiri, Trynet, KBT, etc...

Hello!
Is there any chance to get a leek regarding new leaders?
My bet is for Meve (who was announced), Ardal aep Dahy, Arnjolf the Patricide, Eldain, and Gernichora.
Thanks in advance!

Hey Burza,

it is possible, that in the future Gwent will start without starting gog? Because the gog-program doesnt like my computer.

Overall future looks pretty good! And I have few minor questions.

1. What about tweaking 3D look of some leaders? like Arachas Queen that have skin of Arachas Behemoth, or Harald holding shield.
2. When contacts for our cards collections will back?
3. March expansion will bring only new cards, or some old will back too? like Dagon and others.
4. What about dead cards, like First Light? you have some plans to change them?

Hey Burza,

Will we get some performance improvements on the PC build, alongside consoles?

I and other old PC users are having trouble running HC gwent :(

A quick sugestion would be to increase options ingame, like quality of shadows, vfx or texture.

Thx and have a great week!

Guest 4328180

Hi Burza,

Thank you for your time. On Reddit you stated that you would update us about the state of premium cards on console. Can you please let us know before the January 2 deadline? I'd like to know whether I'd be paying 1600 scraps for a glowing line or for actual premium cards. If the old way (all moving cards) isn't possible anymore, would it be possible to disable the glowing line in the future? A few cards with this effect is doable (cows) but the whole board is distracting at the very least.

I'm enjoying the revamped game so far and loved post patch Thronebreaker! Hoping for more Witcher Tales.

Console pleb KPinJo

Dear Burza,

1) How would we be able to get premium version of starter set cards after Jan 2nd update? Currently the only way to get premium version of starter set cards (like W3) is to craft with scraps. Those cards can't be transmutated. I hope you guys have figured out a way by now. Can you please share how it will be possible to get premium of starter cards? It will help us to determine what to do with those cards.

2) Will there be a full day maintenance for Jan 2nd update?

3) Mulligan to Provision Cost: what will be the base provision cost. Even if it is WIP, please tell us the most likely and currently getting tested number? 150?

4) There should be a leader with +0 provision cost (otherwise the base number doesn't make sense). Is Usurper that leader?

5) Apart from leaders, are there any cards getting added?

6) Roughly how many cards are getting balanced in Jan?

7) Is Kambi getting changed?

8) What is the one thing which will excite us players most in the Jan update (apart from Leaders please)

9) Is there any Quality of Life update coming in Jan?

Thanks in advance for your answers Burza!

Since the release, im kinda lost with the whole new setup. Was the intention of the recent updates to change gwent into something elses entirely? I played since beta left for a while and came back recently. I want to cry because it doesnt feel like the gwent i knew, but i dont want to believe these changes were made without some kind of for thought and input from the community. So how did such a drastic change come about? Johnamauler321 ps4
Post automatically merged:

Ps il put my heart back into my monster decks if you can help me find an equilibrium between (for lack of better terminology )old and new gwent.

We changed the game closer to what we wanted achieve in the beginning, but didn't have the time due to constant updates. Monsters with consume still work :)

Hi Devs and Burza!

You said 5 new leaders will we get in January. Think about who do you can reveal them for us? I think the our community have some loyal streamer, can you give this "work" to them? Like McBeard, SirPumpkn, Shinmiri, Trynet, KBT, etc...

We have something planned, but there is still time for this :)

According to gwent's new economy and full mill policy, it is said that "small amounts of meteorite powder will still be retrievable from milling premium cards".

Could you tell us the exact amounts of meteorite powder? Is it the same as now?

Hello!
Is there any chance to get a leek regarding new leaders?
My bet is for Meve (who was announced), Ardal aep Dahy, Arnjolf the Patricide, Eldain, and Gernichora.
Thanks in advance!

Found this on Jason's desk ;)

Hey Burza,

i have a question regarding the recent changes for premium cards which you will introduce in January. After that change for premium cards which will only be craftable with the help of Powder, will Premium Keg weekends still be a thing? Or will you scrap them from your plans?

I wish you, the CDPR Team and your families a nice Christmas.

Is that new game mode you talking some time ago still coming early next year or with change of game director it is in hiatus?

Hi Burza, i'm posting my question again because i have never got an answer XD so let's try again.
Why did you decide to change the old ladder system with the one we have now with homecoming? The current ladder system incentivizes camping because there are no thresholds and this is very bad since camping people mean less playing people. Before HC, every rank was a kind of threshold so people did not even think about camping and just kept playing.
So, here is my question: will you ever tweak current ladder system in order to make it a bit less grindy or, at least, will you ever take into consideration to add thresholds (as old ladder used to have) for example at ranks 14 and 7?
Thank you in advance for answering and sempre forza vale :)

Hey Burza,

i have a question regarding the recent changes for premium cards which you will introduce in January. After that change for premium cards which will only be craftable with the help of Powder, will Premium Keg weekends still be a thing? Or will you scrap them from your plans?

I wish you, the CDPR Team and your families a nice Christmas.

We won't scrap them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom