E3 Discussion Thread

+
Geralt is able to reflect arrows at attackers by blocking. One of the deserters got killed by his own reflected shot. (Even more over the top than slicing man in half if you ask me).

OH MY GOD!! Didn't notice that, PLEASE CDPR DONT GO THAT WAY, PLEASE!! Combat must be a way of telling story, if combat is silly then the whole thing becomes one silly mess, imo the gore has to be a bit more elegant and less "FUCK YEAH" !! This is absolutely preposterous, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I did not unlock this ability in TW2 because it's absolutely ridiculous, what the hell?? We're playing Witcher 3: Return of the Jedi now??

I don't disagree with their intentions, but they didn't actually show us what that's like. The side quest was badly edited and the griffin fight had no pointers or commentary on the action. Also, it cut to a cutscene when it was starting to become interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan and I am certain this game will be a genre defining moment. But I find these marketing errors really elementary and don't help their efforts to reach an even bigger audience. I wouldn't say anything if they had a publisher breathing down their neck, but their independent. They are the masters of where, when and how.

edit: Even their own conference a few days ago had no proper spark for a game this important.

You're right with your worries. All in all it felt a bit rushed imo too. Just like it was mentioned a couple of times now.

That definitely was easy mode on the combat. It didn't take much to kill any of the enemies including the Griffin. He was able to take the Griffin down to 25% health (or less) in no time. I assume the actual game is going to be much harder.

I'd still like to see more of the combat especially on harder/the hardest difficulty.

FGeralt is able to reflect arrows at attackers by blocking. One of the deserters got killed by his own reflected shot. (Even more over the top than slicing man in half if you ask me).
This was present in The Witcher 2 (and maybe TW1?). It was one of the basic witcher skills. Level 1 to block arrows and level 2 to have them reflect back to the enemy. Sure it's over the top. The lore I believe says that a witcher can parry an arrow in flight, not sure it says anything about directing it back at them. However, this already has precedence in the 2nd game, so it shouldn't come as surprise that it's there.

Sorry to the people who want "realistic" combat, I don't think its happening.
I don't know why people thought that it would be like that but I don't mind it doesn't add or detract anything from the game for me.

Good question, maybe it drops feathers or such when flying away or does not leave until you wound him?

To go further I wonder if the fly away is a scripted event. So it would be of course much more useful to use the crossbow if you know it will fly away.
Or if you can just fight it right away. If I could choose I would fight it right away.

Last edited:
Heh, in that inventory screen there's this: "item_desc_mutagen_20" :D i know that the game is far from finished, i just find it funny, that's all :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw

Finally high quality video. Some nice little details that you may have missed in the previous streams barf vision.

Geralt uses the flame thrower briefly against the Griffin, but misses.

Signs now rapidly regenerate for quicker usage.

Free running mechanic looks great.

Geralt can now kick, and break guards with out the use of Ard(thank god for that one)

Last edited:
Journalists praised TW3 on E3 2013 and directed the hype, and we only got epic trailers with a very good cinematography, great graphics and music.
Today, suddenly, TW3 became a game instead of a movie and a fantasy. The bad PR move was one year ago, if you ask me.

OH MY GOD!! Didn't notice that, PLEASE CDPR DONT GO THAT WAY, PLEASE!! Combat must be a way of telling story, if combat is silly then the whole thing becomes one silly mess, imo the gore has to be a bit more elegant and less "FUCK YEAH" !! This is absolutely preposterous, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I did not unlock this ability in TW2 because it's absolutely ridiculous, what the hell?? We're playing Witcher 3: Return of the Jedi now??

Geralt could reflect arrows in TW2, don't see what's the big deal here.
As for the gore, it's quite easy for him to cut through unarmored foes, besides, I love the gore, looked awesome. :)

Journalists praised TW3 on E3 2013 and directed the hype, and we only got epic trailers with a very good cinematography, great graphics and music.
Today, suddenly, TW3 became a game instead of a movie and a fantasy. The bad PR move was one year ago, if you ask me.

I suppose that there is some truth to that, after all the trailers and such it is easy to imagine something that is just not possible because of the hype.

Top Bottom