Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there... im a noob here...
just upgraded my pc 2 months ago.....need it for work AND GAMING..hehe

my specs are
intel i7 4770 3.4 ghz
z87a asus Motherboard
16 gig memory
Asus Gtx 760 striker platinum 4gig..
windows 7 premium

will I be able to play TW3 on Ultra Settings at 1080?...im using a samsung 47" HDTV and i love it....thank you...

Last edited:
Just one question, dunno if anybody has some information already: Do you guys know if the nVidia HairWorks runs on PhysX? And if it does - do you think it would make sense to use an old nVidia GPU as a dedicated PhysX-Card?

hi there... im a noob here...
just upgraded my pc 2 months ago.....need it for work AND GAMING..hehe

my specs are
intel i7 4770 3.4 ghz
z87a asus Motherboard
16 gig memory
Asus Gtx 760 striker platinum 4gig..
windows 7 premium

will I be able to play TW3 on Ultra Settings at 1080?...im using a samsung 47" HDTV and i love it....thank you...

The only reliable source we have on system requirements (at least what i know of) is that John Mamais stated (somewhere i have forgotten) that the consols will look the same or similar to PC on high settings. Your computer is more than dubble the consol performance so it probably will. Tough my guess is that they include some crazy option like ubersampling which you won't be able to have enabled.

Just one question, dunno if anybody has some information already: Do you guys know if the nVidia HairWorks runs on PhysX? And if it does - do you think it would make sense to use an old nVidia GPU as a dedicated PhysX-Card?

If you have as spare Nvidia card sure......but I wouldn't run out and buy just for that sole purpose.

Well, I'm running a GTX760 right now and will definitely upgrade to a decent maxwell for TW3 (the 760 is a used one I bought because my GPU died last week). Are there any benchmarks or some such of PhysX heavy games to showcase the benefits of a dedicated card? Have never used one as of yet.

Hi everyone, *wave*
I'm new here, been reading the forums for some time, finally decided to post something, and this seems like the thread to kick off in :)

Reading here, i think i'm more confused than i was about my upgrade, so I'm hoping you can help, as I'm still a noob in the whole 'pc building' thing. My PC does a bit of everything, but is mainly used for gaming.
It will be 2yrs old soon, and although i love it and it runs everything surprisingly well, i know it looks at The Witcher 3 and i swear i hear it sigh... poor dear.

So, it's an i5 2400, 3.10GHz,
MB is an Asus P8H61-M (mini due to the case),
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM,
GPU Asus GTX660Ti, 2gb ram
Running Win 7

So what sort of upgrade do you guys think would be best?
I know i need more RAM, but after that, i'm a little unsure.
I have an old tower case that i want to use, so i'll have room for a full-sized MB. I'm not keen on Win 8.
Overclocking is something i've no experience in doing, and wouldn't know where to start. I also wouldn't know how to make best use of any user-controlled, state-of-the-art hardware capabilities.
But i want something that will last me a few years, like this PC has. As far as budget goes, i need to watch my orens, but i'm not looking for upgrade till later in the year, or beginning of next, so current hardware should be cheaper by then.

If you have as spare Nvidia card sure......but I wouldn't run out and buy just for that sole purpose.
I was thinking about maybe using my GTX660 as a Physx card once I upgrade next spring, if The Witcher 3 uses Physx and if my PSU (Corsair AX760) can handle the second GPU.

But it's a big question mark. And I'm not sure if it's really worth it because how much you gain by having a dedicated card seems to vary a lot between different games.

Will the witcher 3 support crossfire?

So I fired up the witcher 2 the other day and found out that there is a bug in the beginning of the game causing the whole PC to hang. Seeing as the redEngine3 is a derivative of the redEngine 2, I wonder if we'll be getting similar show-stopping bugs?

I really would like to max out the settings but I don't think running it with a single gpu is going to do it justice
:sad:

It depends how old the card is. There's been benchmarks done where it shows it actually decreases performance if the card is old versus just using the main GPU or CPU for Physx calculations as it bottlenecks.
We'd need to know what card you're thinking of using for dedicated Physx and what card you're currently using.

It depends how old the card is. There's been benchmarks done where it shows it actually decreases performance if the card is old versus just using the main GPU or CPU for Physx calculations as it bottlenecks.
We'd need to know what card you're thinking of using for dedicated Physx and what card you're currently using.

Right now I'm using a GTX760, which would be the dedicated PhysX card, since I'm going to get myself a new rig early 2015. If War Machine's link is any indicator it would add another 10-20% FPS, most likely depending on the amount of PhysX effects.

Possible PC system requirements?

So I've been looking around a lot and CDProjekt Red I believe said that the E3 2014 demo on the Xbone ran on the equivalent of High at 30 fps on PC. And I looked at my gpu and it seems to be on par with the xbone and PS4 gpu (I have a GeForce GTX 560) for the most part. I can run the Witcher 2 usually at 45 fps but it will occasionally rise to 60 in calmer, non-combat areas. Seeing that the Witcher 3 isn't optimized yet and was apparently able to run on a console with about the same, or slightly less power than my PC at 30 fps looking like that, I was stunned. Thanks for any help that you guys can provide, and happy hunting! :cheers:

Attachments

• Witcher 2 settings.jpg
    Witcher 2 settings.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 53
Right now I'm using a GTX760, which would be the dedicated PhysX card, since I'm going to get myself a new rig early 2015. If War Machine's link is any indicator it would add another 10-20% FPS, most likely depending on the amount of PhysX effects.

Yea it'll be fine. The only thing I'd worry about then is power consumption and the PSU you get, since you'll be running both cards.
So electricity costs are going to go up a quite a bit, not sure how much of an issue that will be for you as electricity costs seem to vary wildly based on country.
We'll just have to wait and see what performance impact Witcher 3 will have. You might even be fine with just a single card without any performance drops or any significant performance improvement from a dedicated PhysX card.
If that happens you could then just sell the card and get a few bob and save on electricity and PSU costs on top.

Well, electricity isn't exactly the cheapest - but even if the GTX760 would be running at 100% load, which seems unlikely for PhysX alone I'd be looking at 15,- / year - that's not exactly going to kill by budget. ;-)

I will have to see if my PSU can manage it though, since I didn't plan to upgrade that one as well. Will have to wait for the numbers on the nVidia Maxwell cards - I'd say it might be enough at 600W Gold+. Especially if I upgrade my CPU as well, since the current Intel cores are a bit more efficient than my Sandy Bridge i5.

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of The Witcher series but I'm fearing my actual PC will not reach even minimum requirements. I didn't have any problem running The Witcher 2 even in ultra settings (but with low FPS). These are the specifications:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 4.1 GB

Any idea if the PC will reach the minimum requirements? If not, suggestions about possible upgrades? I'm not interested in running in ultra or even high. Minimum is enough for me. I would thank every suggestion.

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of The Witcher series but I'm fearing my actual PC will not reach even minimum requirements. I didn't have any problem running The Witcher 2 even in ultra settings (but with low FPS). These are the specifications:

Any idea if the PC will reach the minimum requirements? If not, suggestions about possible upgrades? I'm not interested in running in ultra or even high. Minimum is enough for me. I would thank every suggestion.
Is that a pre-built PC?

I would buy an aftermarket cooler and OC that CPU, buy a better GPU and 4 more gigs of RAM.

So I've been looking around a lot and CDProjekt Red I believe said that the E3 2014 demo on the Xbone ran on the equivalent of High at 30 fps on PC. And I looked at my gpu and it seems to be on par with the xbone and PS4 gpu (I have a GeForce GTX 560) for the most part. I can run the Witcher 2 usually at 45 fps but it will occasionally rise to 60 in calmer, non-combat areas. Seeing that the Witcher 3 isn't optimized yet and was apparently able to run on a console with about the same, or slightly less power than my PC at 30 fps looking like that, I was stunned. Thanks for any help that you guys can provide, and happy hunting! :cheers:

Even if the hardware is similar, it's hard to accurately compare the two. A personal computer has many things/processes running in the background that take up a number of resources where a game console is more dedicated to strictly running games (though as they become more versatile they are starting to become more like a PC). And who knows what the introduction of DX12 could mean down the road, especially since MS is claiming it will improve performance on the XB1. I have a 560 Ti right now and I am probably going to go ahead and upgrade to a 780 (or 880 is they are out by then and prove to be worth it) before the game comes out as I doubt I'd be getting more than 25-30 fps on High settings and I really want to enjoy W3 maxed out.

Hopefully Gamescom will shed more light on this topic.

Hello everyone,

I'm going to guess this is right on the minimum requirements for the game to be playable. The CPU is only a Lynnfield, but it's a 4-real-core Lynnfield with the full QPI, not the lesser models. I would keep it. I'd strongly consider upgrading the GPU and the RAM. AMD made a big improvement by going to the GCN architecture (77xx and up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom